Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Apr 29, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #2,506 of 5,715
Conducting is an amazing thing. I envy that for sure.

I love piano on the Elysium and do not feel anything is missing.
As I’ve mentioned, I was part of the tour and the Elysium was just so different than any iem I had heard that in was immediately drawn into them. I never really gave the VE8 a chance as the BA sound was familiar so I didn’t really focus on what made them different and special. I regret that hearing you speak of their strengths.

No regrets man...............it's all about enjoyment and from what you said you have clearly enjoyed your Elys at least as much as I have enjoyed my VE8 (plus my Ely for some time) and that's all that counts. I have let go of my Ely to a friend and you have prompted me to "borrow" them back for some further listening where the opportunity arises. Your views as a real life strings player make me believe I should give them another try!

What a wonderful hobby we have and what a wonderful brand VE is.

Apr 30, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #2,507 of 5,715
VE7 announcement https://twitter.com/visionears_de/status/1388049539840581633?s=21
0D528441-9D59-40BD-8F2C-19A7058D8ADD.jpeg

May 1, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #2,509 of 5,715
VE's signature clean sound + neutral analytical tuning + superhigh dedicated driver. It may perhaps be the next resolution monster in VE lineup. Can't wait to try :)

May 1, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #2,510 of 5,715
May 14, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #2,512 of 5,715
Mona Elys:

@Damz87 and I are in the final stages of putting together a review for the Elysium. We should be able to post it Monday. It will be a different layout than most reviews. There will be a Fictitious Bob involved (not the yellow guy below but Bob can also be the yellow guy below) and the review will include an interview with Oliver and Marcel from Vision Ears. Since Damien and I are addicted to IEMs there will be a lot of comparisons also. Please do not refer to our problem as hoarding!

IMG_5919.jpg

May 14, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #2,513 of 5,715
Mona Elys:

@Damz87 and I are in the final stages of putting together a review for the Elysium. We should be able to post it Monday. It will be a different layout than most reviews. There will be a Fictitious Bob involved (not the yellow guy below but Bob can also be the yellow guy below) and the review will include an interview with Oliver and Marcel from Vision Ears. Since Damien and I are addicted to IEMs there will be a lot of comparisons also. Please do not refer to our problem as hoarding!

IMG_5919.jpg

Looking forward to reading this...Elysium is still the jewel of my IEM experience so far.

May 14, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #2,514 of 5,715
Just got in the Cayin C9 two days ago.. I didn’t really think the Elysium could be much better but boy... I’m speechless..

Amazing!! Just further shows how good an iem this is. If anyone thought the bass was light (which I did not) then this is the cure. The potential is there...

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #2,515 of 5,715
Maybe it was this thread? Discussion/debate regarding ‘natural’ sounding iem and what constitutes it, if anything. I’m thinking about natural vs realistic.
Luna arrived to me two days ago and I owned Ely for a few months.
To my ears, these two iems demonstrate the distinction, albeit unempirically, between realistic and natural sound—Ely is to realism as Luna is to natural, both reference tuned, ie tuning highly associated to unmediated, living auditory perception.
Ely is like a landscape photograph with elements of classical painting visible. Luna like a landscape painting, in classical style, with palpable impressionistic tendencies. Both convey the grandeur of the witnessed scene—the one analytically, the other organically.

May 16, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #2,516 of 5,715
Greetings. I have been listening to the VE8 for the past 2 weeks and I thought I'd share my early impressions:

The Tangibles:
I got the 8th anniversary edition cause I prefer its understated look to the signature design. Fit and comfort are amazing for me as the VE8 is very light-weight and shaped liked a pseudo-custom. The cable is surprisingly serviceable–it's very supple and easy to handle.

Sound:
To my ears, the VE8 is mostly neutral with added warmth to the lower midrange. It's extremely smooth and coherent across the entire frequency. Midrange is definitely the VE8's standout as vocals sound very natural with lots of texture but still very resolving. Treble does roll off a little but it also makes the VE8 fatigue-free. Bass is where the VE8 struggles a bit as it clearly lacks texture and decay which you would normally get from a DD.

Comparisons:
I happen to have the 64 Audio U12t and the qdc Anole VX on hand, which are two of the more established full-BA IEMs in the game. Technicality wise, I'd give an edge to both of them over the VE8 as they have slightly better bass texture and more extended upper treble, even though I do think the VE8 can compete with them in midrange clarity. However, where the VE8 really shines is the smoothness and natural timbre. For someone who almost always prioritizes detail over anything else, I admit the VE8 brought a breath of fresh air. Switching back and forth between them, the VE8 just sounded so much fuller and more "filled in" than the other two. On top of that, the relaxed upper treble means I could finally wear an IEM for hours without getting treble fatigue.

Closing Thoughts:
I think of the VE8 as the HD650 of high-end IEMs. It's for people who enjoy a smooth and coherent sound signature, but still has plenty of resolution especially in the midrange. Special thanks to Andrew from Musicteck, I literally got my VE8 the next day after order and I'm not even in the US.

image0.jpeg

May 16, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #2,517 of 5,715
Greetings. I have been listening to the VE8 for the past 2 weeks and I thought I'd share my early impressions:

The Tangibles:
I got the 8th anniversary edition cause I prefer its understated look to the signature design. Fit and comfort are amazing for me as the VE8 is very light-weight and shaped liked a pseudo-custom. The cable is surprisingly serviceable–it's very supple and easy to handle.

Sound:
To my ears, the VE8 is mostly neutral with added warmth to the lower midrange. It's extremely smooth and coherent across the entire frequency. Midrange is definitely the VE8's standout as vocals sound very natural with lots of texture but still very resolving. Treble does roll off a little but it also makes the VE8 fatigue-free. Bass is where the VE8 struggles a bit as it clearly lacks texture and decay which you would normally get from a DD.

Comparisons:
I happen to have the 64 Audio U12t and the qdc Anole VX on hand, which are two of the more established full-BA IEMs in the game. Technicality wise, I'd give an edge to both of them over the VE8 as they have slightly better bass texture and more extended upper treble, even though I do think the VE8 can compete with them in midrange clarity. However, where the VE8 really shines is the smoothness and natural timbre. For someone who almost always prioritizes detail over anything else, I admit the VE8 brought a breath of fresh air. Switching back and forth between them, the VE8 just sounded so much fuller and more "filled in" than the other two. On top of that, the relaxed upper treble means I could finally wear an IEM for hours without getting treble fatigue.

Closing Thoughts:
I think of the VE8 as the HD650 of high-end IEMs. It's for people who enjoy a smooth and coherent sound signature, but still has plenty of resolution especially in the midrange. Special thanks to Andrew from Musicteck, I literally got my VE8 the next day after order and I'm not even in the US.

image0.jpeg

Nice picture and comments. I found the stock cable to hold back the VE 8 and suggest you look into a replacement sometime. I bought the Unique Melody M2 copper (same cable that comes with the Mest MKII) and feel the overall performance is a step up on my favorite relaxin’ iems. ✌️

May 16, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #2,518 of 5,715

The Tangibles:

Sound:

Comparisons:

Closing Thoughts:

image0.jpeg

Great impressions man thanks for sharing...as someone who has extensive experience with the u12t and has owned the VE8 and the VX I agree with your comparisons entirely. And that's a beauty shot of those shells!

May 16, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #2,519 of 5,715
Nice picture and comments. I found the stock cable to hold back the VE 8 and suggest you look into a replacement sometime. I bought the Unique Melody M2 copper (same cable that comes with the Mest MKII) and feel the overall performance is a step up on my favorite relaxin’ iems. ✌️
That's interesting. I'm generally not a cable guy, so could you tell me what areas did you see an improvement over the stock cable? I might end up getting a pure-silver cable to bring up the treble a bit more.

May 16, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #2,520 of 5,715
Great impressions man thanks for sharing...as someone who has extensive experience with the u12t and has owned the VE8 and the VX I agree with your comparisons entirely. And that's a beauty shot of those shells!
Thank you :). Yeah the VE8 just sounds like a completely different beast to me than any other IEMs I've heard. It's truly amazing at what it's trying to achieve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back