Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
post-15834945
Post #1,831 of 2,116

Deezel177

Reviewer at The Headphone List
Reaction score
Website
www.TheHeadphoneList.com
The LE cable I’m like 95% sure is identical to the Elysium one, maybe not in materials but at least the cable itself looks and feels the same.
I see. It might've changed, then.

post-15834955
Post #1,832 of 2,116

Damz87

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score

What is new?
- The cable: The cable did not only change its colour. It is also a bit different from the original one, making the sound a bit more fresh in the high frequencies. The basic sound-signature stays untouched of course. Only available as 2.5mm balanced termination.

No mention of who made the cable, but it definitely looks like it changed from the OG​
82A656F5-2800-4C9C-85AC-5EFEA39C6976.jpeg

post-15834959
Post #1,833 of 2,116

aaf evo

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I see. It might've changed, then.
Yep it’s very different than the OG cable. Doesn’t look like effect audio braiding or feel to me. Fairly sure it’s whatever company did the Elysium cable.

Reactions: Deezel177
post-15835037
Post #1,834 of 2,116

Frankie D

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
It could be. I’m just going by the braiding and feel mainly. They seemed identical to me, as in, from the same company.
Comparing them now the black LE cable seems to have a different feel to it, but that could be the insulation. The LE cable might also be ever so slightly thinner. Tks.

Reactions: aaf evo
post-15835040
Post #1,835 of 2,116

Frankie D

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score

No mention of who made the cable, but it definitely looks like it changed from the OG​
82A656F5-2800-4C9C-85AC-5EFEA39C6976.jpeg
Thanks. I know it definitely changed from the OG cable. I did not realize it is all silver. Tks.

Reactions: Damz87
post-15837809
Post #1,836 of 2,116

doctorjuggles

Member of the Trade: Cable Builder
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
After owning the Erlkonig for a few weeks, I'm very happy with the sound and build quality overall, but I must make mention of the sockets.
They are extremely tight and almost all third party cables seem to stretch the sockets.

I tried a cable with Eidolic pins (so we're not talking some AliExpress cheapo) and it stretched them (I didn't shove it all the way in, I got too much resistance.) I've build several cables, all of them have issues fitting the sockets, so I've gone back to the stock cable and now it's very loose. Today while taking them out of my bag, one of the drivers fell off the (stock) cable and went flying onto the ground, it now has a fetching dent in the previously lovely silver shell.

Cable-rolling isn't generally something I engage in, there must be users out there who have done more cable-rolling than me - has anyone else had similar experiences with VE sockets and third party cables? This seems like a fairly large issue, given the possibility of losing a driver. Mine was very nearly run over by a car before I was able to retrieve it (thankfully with no damage to the sound)

Reactions: buonassi
post-15837852
Post #1,837 of 2,116

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
After owning the Erlkonig for a few weeks, I'm very happy with the sound and build quality overall, but I must make mention of the sockets.
They are extremely tight and almost all third party cables seem to stretch the sockets.

I tried a cable with Eidolic pins (so we're not talking some AliExpress cheapo) and it stretched them (I didn't shove it all the way in, I got too much resistance.) I've build several cables, all of them have issues fitting the sockets, so I've gone back to the stock cable and now it's very loose. Today while taking them out of my bag, one of the drivers fell off the (stock) cable and went flying onto the ground, it now has a fetching dent in the previously lovely silver shell.

Cable-rolling isn't generally something I engage in, there must be users out there who have done more cable-rolling than me - has anyone else had similar experiences with VE sockets and third party cables? This seems like a fairly large issue, given the possibility of losing a driver. Mine was very nearly run over by a car before I was able to retrieve it (thankfully with no damage to the sound)
The left socket on my VE8's very loose with one of my cables but fits perfectly on Thummim.

I only have 3 aftermarket 2-pin cables and the other 2 are Eletech which still fit good.

Reactions: doctorjuggles
post-15837906
Post #1,838 of 2,116

Damz87

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score

I tried cable rolling in the first week that I got my Erlk but gave up after 2 cable swaps. It was way too tight and I felt like I was going to break something if I forced the pins in any harder. For reference, they were an Effect audio and a pw audio cable.

post-15837948
Post #1,839 of 2,116

mvvRAZ

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly

I had what is now your Erl, and I only managed to fit an Eletech cable in it as well. The stock cable was ultra tight and took me ages to remove safely.

I didn’t have a great experience with the Elysium’s sockets either honestly though, they became very loose very fast and I could only use it with a few cables that didn’t make the IEMs fall off all the time

post-15839667
Post #1,841 of 2,116
Reaction score

Hi guys,

let me jump in for a second: There are 2 standards for the 2-pin connector with slightly different diameters of the pins/sockets:
  • 0.76 millimeters
  • 0.78 millimeters
The pins used by us are 0.78 millimeters. That means, we are already on the larger side of things. Unfortunately, we have no influence on how 3rd party cable manufacturers handle these standards or stick to it.
In general, the 2-pin connectors are not meant to swap cables every second day, as the movement you need to release it safely will always effect the tightness/looseness of the socket.
But we think it is still the best connector-standard, as it allows for a low profile without irritating the outer ear.

I hope that helps a bit.

All the best,

Johannes

Vision Ears Stay updated on Vision Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/visionears.de/ https://www.instagram.com/visionears https://vision-ears.de/ info@vision-ears.de
post-15839922
Post #1,842 of 2,116

Frankie D

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi guys,

let me jump in for a second: There are 2 standards for the 2-pin connector with slightly different diameters of the pins/sockets:
  • 0.76 millimeters
  • 0.78 millimeters
The pins used by us are 0.78 millimeters. That means, we are already on the larger side of things. Unfortunately, we have no influence on how 3rd party cable manufacturers handle these standards or stick to it.
In general, the 2-pin connectors are not meant to swap cables every second day, as the movement you need to release it safely will always effect the tightness/looseness of the socket.
But we think it is still the best connector-standard, as it allows for a low profile without irritating the outer ear.

I hope that helps a bit.

All the best,

Johannes
Thanks Johannes.

post-15895069
Post #1,843 of 2,116

macdonjh

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Perhaps a strange question, but: for the VE universals, what is the outer diameter of the sound pipe/ nozzle?

post-15895216
Post #1,844 of 2,116

aaf evo

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Perhaps a strange question, but: for the VE universals, what is the outer diameter of the sound pipe/ nozzle?
From Johannes when I asked him about custom tips for the ERLKöNIG:

“ The length is 5mm from tip to the edge that is meant to stop the spinfit. The diameter is 6mm. But we are using an inner diameter of 5.5mm for the Spin Fits in order to have a good grip.”

post-15896336
Post #1,845 of 2,116

normie610

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Grateful that finally the Elf-king has arrived. I shall call this Franken-LE :relaxed:

B636C030-F752-45F5-9D31-912695369375.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)