Vintage Pioneer thread
Jan 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #153 of 272
Im definitely interested in a pair of Monitor 10s for the right price...

An update on the SE-205 RestoMod progress:  i installed a female 3.5 jack in the left earcup to make theheadphones adapt to a detachable cable.  I havent seen anyone else ever do something like this to the 205.  the next thing is new pads... i suppose ill just have to kitbash something together for those... Cheers 
atsmile.gif

May 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #155 of 272

These things are beautiful! I thought they sounded poor at first but when plugged into my vintage pioneer stereo, they sounded wonderful! They sound really good on jazz type music and suprisingly the new daft punk album. Even in the low quality! Cant wait to hear these on the daft punk album analog recorded in FLAC. AHH it will be great!

May 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #156 of 272
I have a pair of SE-50s that I inherited from my Dad who bought them new when I was a kid.  They still sound great but the cord is breaking down and sound cuts in and out if you move your head.  Considered taking them to someone for repair but don't really want to spend money right now.  What are the chances of a newby being able to rewire this? Any advice? 

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #158 of 272
Quote:
I forgot that I have a pair of original Monitor 10s in the closet. Haven't used them in many years. Got me all curious now to compare to my LCD-2s!!
smily_headphones1.gif

The old Monitor 10s blow away many headphones in sound quality. An amplifier will help though...

Jul 24, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #161 of 272
Well, since there are a lot of Pioneer craze going on here, I guess maybe you guys can help me. I've found in our local e-bay-ish site a pair of Pioneer SE-M250. It looks fairly vintage, probably from the eighties. Not as gorgeous of some of the stuff you posted, but still worth a look, I think, at least because of its rarity. Here is a pic so you can spot it:

Are them any good? worth buying? Price is good but I'm kinda broke, so any input will be highly welcome.

Aug 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #162 of 272
Hi, as I own a '85 or '86 Pioneer SE650 headphone I think I'm entiteled to be here. When I got it I was about 16 years old and it was the best headphone I'd ever heard. Loved it and used it for many years untill I upgraded to a Sony in '94. But enough talk, here are some pics:

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #163 of 272
Revived!

Today I was looking and hoping for a headphone bargain and found the Pioneers standing out from the rest presentation wise. Did not waste much time and got three of them: SE-20A, SE-205 and SE-305. Some photo's will follow.

Nov 27, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #164 of 272
Really like the looks of the SE-305. Found out that it's very likely my uncle who had one when i was a kid so that kind of explains the love. Soundwise, whatever :wink: If there's interest you can get the 20A and 305 for a small compensation (as I did not get them for free).

Coconut pics:

Mar 1, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #165 of 272
I got an SE-450 today but it's missing the inner headband. 
Does anyone know where I can get one of these cheaply? I've found a few of these extortionate 'spare part' online shops, where it's going for over $20 - which is usually more than the cost of the whole headphone 2nd hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back