Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones
Jun 20, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #137 of 1,087
I thought I had great IEMs before: what with the etymotic ER*4-S then the ER*4-P, then the Phonak Audeo PFE 122, the Sleek Audio SA-6, and then I had to try out the Victor JVC Bi-Metal HA-FX300, because of the innovative design and because my sis liked the bass of the marshmallows so much; yet this would be a quality design rather than a cheapie.

I was floored by those and they were on PAR with the Sleek, the Phonak, and the ety. Then I got the Victor HP-FX500 which ECLIPSES EVERYTHING IVE EVER HEARD BEFORE. Ever. Even loudspeakers from Onkyo. Detail. Separation. Instrumentation. Clarity. Bass. Smoothness. Pleasantness. Sweetness.

I think I'll post this bit... but yeah, you WONT regret it. Worth twice what they cost. Worth what I had payed for the ER*4-S when they were new which was 445.99.. from HeadRoom back in the day or was it 489.99 I dont remember. Moot point. Anypoo. they SOUND FANTASTIC. You'll have fun!

Jun 20, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #138 of 1,087
Thanks for your review....... I have the UESF5Pro as well as a set of triple driver customs, and I do like these better. I will have to get a set of custom sleeves for them as I'm really spoiled by the fit of the customs.. Balance Armature drivers are quite good but it turns out that my ears just prefer dynamic drivers. Maybe if I can ever scrape together enough for some JH13's I may change my mind, but for now Dynamics have my attention.

Jun 20, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #139 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your review....... I have the UESF5Pro as well as a set of triple driver customs, and I do like these better. I will have to get a set of custom sleeves for them as I'm really spoiled by the fit of the customs.. Balance Armature drivers are quite good but it turns out that my ears just prefer dynamic drivers. Maybe if I can ever scrape together enough for some JH13's I may change my mind, but for now Dynamics have my attention.

HI boomy3555! Welcome to the club! glad to hear you've "got wood". Dynamic Drivers sure have my attention and while I am glad to have developed my Ear with my balanced armature buddies, I whish I had just plunked on Atrios before the HP-FX500s instead ALMOST but they developed my Ear so much... I wouldnt have it any other way. LOL

As for sleeves. I really like the default sleeves in Large from Victor however they are too soft and don't grip the ear too well. A PERFECT fitting replacement for them is the v-moda BLISS silicone tips in Large, Black (they sell tips with both clear and black together in their fit kits) at a reasonable cost. Here's a link: shop v-moda - fittings

and bob's your uncle! They grip really well, are soft to boot, and jiggle nicely with the BASS and the Treble. BLISS indeed!

Highly Reccomended.

Jun 20, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #141 of 1,087
From my Android G-1 fone .:{Beast}:. :

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ENJOY! and Bon Appetit!!

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #143 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FLACvest, you plug your iBasso T4 into a Fiio E5? Isn't that overkill?

preAmping is FUN... You wanna see overkill I'll give you overkill:

photo2o2pmp-triple-amp-setup.jpg

and from above:

photo3o2pmp-triple-amp-setup.jpg

COWON iAUDIO O2PMP > iBasso CB01 > iBasso T4 > Moon Audio Black Dragon with Neutrik Plugs > 4ch Boostaroo Revolution > cheap interconnect > FiiO E5 > Victor HP-FX500 > My EARDRUMS!! Now _That's_ FUN!!

Possibly Overkill, but Sounds like a live Rawk show!!!

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:34 PM Post #144 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
preAmping is FUN... You wanna see overkill I'll give you overkill:

COWON iAUDIO O2PMP > iBasso CB01 > iBasso T4 > Moon Audio Black Dragon with Neutrik Plugs > 4ch Boostaroo Revolution > cheap interconnect > FiiO E5 > Victor HP-FX500 > My EARDRUMS!! Now _That's_ FUN!!

Possibly Overkill, but Sounds like a live Rawk show!!!

Touche. I take my hat off to you, dear sir.

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #145 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Touche. I take my hat off to you, dear sir.

HEHEHE LOL! why thank YOU! Serious note... Something Magical does happen when all three amps are in synergy. I'm really tempted to open up that Boostaroo Revolution and find out what the heck is inside it, cuz it drastically changes the sound.

I know that amp gets a really awful rap. It does sound well, treble-ey all alone. Which to most is a bad thing. But with an iBasso T4 grounding it's bass, and then the E5 nailing the bass back down after the Boostaroo Revolution takes that airy digitalish synthesizer music (I like electro and electronic music primarily as well as industrial and dance punk) and processes it, it sounds like a liquid acidy analogue synthesizer from the 70's or something, and then the FiiO E5 puts some body [read: Bass and mids] back into the "soundstream"... for a Very Unique and thouroughly enjoyable and quite spacious LIVE ROCK SHOW SOUND. it sounds like bold crappy loudspeakers that are great! Not Blown out! but with WEIRD! Placements, and with an eerily missing crowd!!!

I get excited about that now and will have a listen to the setup, and to The Gossip's "Standing In The Way Of Control" which isn't tecnically Dance Punk it is OG Punk... but I also have a Dance Punk mix of their track Listen Up! to groove to as well! Off of the Thrivemix Presents Electro you can find that on amazon.com .

Well I'm going to have a busy morning but it has been fun posting with y'all!

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:59 PM Post #146 of 1,087
I still have my Fiio e-5 and boosteroo in a box somehwere.. I'll have to dig'em out and give them a try

"As for sleeves. I really like the default sleeves in Large from Victor however they are too soft and don't grip the ear too well. A PERFECT fitting replacement for them is the v-moda BLISS silicone tips in Large, Black (they sell tips with both clear and black together in their fit kits) at a reasonable cost. Here's a link: shop v-moda - fittings "

Thanks for the sleeve tip.... No Pun Intended. I'll have to dig up the UE tips as well.. The fit of the stock tips is great but for some reason, the tips seem to have a very high silicone content and my skin is sensaitve to silicone. What Comply's do you think will work with these eartubes? I don't normaly like comply's because I feel that they isolate the inner ear skin from some of the bass, but the Victors have bass to spare.

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #147 of 1,087
Flac-
Great pics. Here's a little woody pic love too.....

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #148 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm with you about the dynamic thing. These are really, really good. Having the IE8's as well as these makes me realize I haven't heard a balanced armature yet that can do what the best dynamics accomplish in impact and drive.

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #149 of 1,087
Oh yeah, deal alert!

JVC HP-FX500? So you want to buy them?

$136.37 USD from Seyo-shop for North American and Oceanian customers.
$139.37 USD for European customers (100 Euro!! 84 Pounds!!!!)

Difference is the shipping. The shipping is EMS = fast.

SEYO-shop.com*»*Headphones*»*JVC-Victor*»*JVC-Victor HP-FX500

Insane deal, particularly for the European based customers.
I have very good faith in Seyo-shop being legit and reliable too as I have a number of peeps who have bought from them no probs.
Townyj has bought from them too. Seyo-shop are known for their downright awesome prices for JVC/Victor products. Other stuff = meh pricing tbh.

Jun 20, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #150 of 1,087
Yeah, that is a good deal! Thanks for posting. Even at Bluetin's standard price, these are a killer value IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back