Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones
Jun 21, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #196 of 1,087
We'll swap notes on 500 v ER-4P/ (APS)S - once I've had the 500's for a few days
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #197 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We'll swap notes on 500 v ER-4P/ (APS)S - once I've had the 500's for a few days
biggrin.gif

Sounds like a plan!

I also need to do a comparison with the Sleek SA6, the Phonak Audeo, The HA-FX300 Bi-Metal... Time to start taking notes. and fire up Orbital's "Doctor" and other select tracks...

Maybe I should give my ears a rest too.

@steviebee: how long will you take to burn in your HP-FX500's? Have you recieved them yet? If not I reccommend 80-100 hours.

Now it's really naptime. Jeez this Sleepicus Interrupts sux0rz...

Jun 22, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #198 of 1,087
Where abouts its the cheapest place that i can buy the JVC FX500 for and are willing to send to Australia?

Decided to get some good phones for my Sony x1050

Jun 22, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #199 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by corujo712 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where abouts its the cheapest place that i can buy the JVC FX500 for and are willing to send to Australia?

I got mine from Bluetin Japan, for about $125 US + shipping. My total was around $150, and I got expedited service. They literally arrived just three days after the payment was made. Very smooth, reliable service.

And they have great synergy with the X. I think you'll be pleased!

Jun 22, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #200 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got mine from Bluetin Japan, for about $125 US + shipping. My total was around $150, and I got expedited service. They literally arrived just three days after the payment was made. Very smooth, reliable service.

And they have great synergy with the X. I think you'll be pleased!

Oh yeah, deal alert!

JVC HP-FX500? So you want to buy them?

$136.37 USD from Seyo-shop for North American and Oceanian customers.
$139.37 USD for European customers (100 Euro!! 84 Pounds!!!!)

Difference is the shipping. The shipping is EMS = fast.

SEYO-shop.com*»*Headphones*»*JVC-Victor*»*JVC-Victor HP-FX500

Insane deal, particularly for the European based customers.
I have very good faith in Seyo-shop being legit and reliable too as I have a number of peeps who have bought from them no probs.
Townyj has bought from them too. Seyo-shop are known for their downright awesome prices for JVC/Victor products. Other stuff = meh pricing tbh.

Jun 22, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #201 of 1,087
Quote:

Hi corujo712, the distributor I got mine from Japan from via eBay, fromjpnpro, is willing to ship to Australia for you. Would you care to PM me for details? I paid 95.00 GBP for them and then shipping to USA on top plus insurance. Your mileage will be different of course.

I also inquired if bluetin.com will ship to Australia (and USA, as I want perhaps a spare pair to keep in a box for collectability!!) for you. Their message server states they will reply in 24 hours!

I thought I would give you the encouraging news.

Jun 22, 2009 at 4:53 AM Post #202 of 1,087
Ok.... So these are my options from all of your suggestions
All prices in AUD, XE conversion

cn11: $182.44 + $15.85 EMS shipping + 5.9% paypal fess (buy from bluetin japan)
Total = $198.29 +5.9%
chinesekiwi: $155.22 + $14.98 EMS shipping + 2% exchange rate fees (from Seyo)
Total = $170.20 + 2%
FLACvest: $195.43 + ??? EMS shipping + 2% exchange rate fees (from eBay jpnpro)
Total ~ $225 (estimating about $30 for ems) + 2%

Seyo is a clear winner there.....only thing that is stopping me is reviews from seyo

Jun 22, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #203 of 1,087
Here's how my charges worked out from Bluetin:

> 1 x JVC-Victor hp-FX500 Wooden In-Earphones (hp-FX500) = US$135.63
>
> ------------------------------------------------------
>
> Sub-Total: US$135.63
>
> EMS (Usually 2 ~ 3 working days to deliver. Includes free insurance cover.): US$13.02
>
> Handling Fee 5.9% + US$0.30: US$9.07
>
> Total: US$157.72

Jun 22, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #205 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a plan!

I also need to do a comparison with the Sleek SA6, the Phonak Audeo, The HA-FX300 Bi-Metal... Time to start taking notes. and fire up Orbital's "Doctor" and other select tracks...

Maybe I should give my ears a rest too.

@steviebee: how long will you take to burn in your HP-FX500's? Have you recieved them yet? If not I reccommend 80-100 hours.

Now it's really naptime. Jeez this Sleepicus Interrupts sux0rz...

ive not heard the bimetal iems, but i have the pfe and the sleek. for overall comfort, i prefer the victor as the pfe hurt my ears and the sleek are not much better. however, the cable between the lot favours the victor the least. it is the same type as the pfe, but shorter which is rot. the sleeks is the best of the bunch though they are all so similar.

as for sound, they are each complements of each other i think. the pfe is the 'detailed' one with its intense treble energy while the sleek is the rocker with heavy mid-oriented sounds. as for the victor, it is the bassiest of the three but has a natural timbre to natural insturments which i prefer among the three.

if it was down to sound only, i would take the sleek, but comfort, finish all put together, probably the victor is the coolest one. the pfe still to this day, seems under developed. it is too flimsy.

Jun 22, 2009 at 10:01 AM Post #206 of 1,087
Quote:

Seyo is a clear winner there.....only thing that is stopping me is reviews from seyo

They've been fine with the Aussie and Kiwi crew. I got a lot of Kiwis to buy JVC RX-700's from them and they arrived no probs and was fine. Townyj, an Aussie, bought from them twice no probs.

Jun 22, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #207 of 1,087
chinesekiwi-
When do you think your FX500's arrive? I'm curious to hear your impressions. I hope they fit the bill for what you're looking for in an IEM. Although initial impressions are a bit skewed with these, because since they're a dynamic, they evolve somewhat with burn in. Soundstage opens up a good deal. That's the biggest thing that changes with them.

Jun 22, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #208 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
chinesekiwi-
When do you think your FX500's arrive? I'm curious to hear your impressions. I hope they fit the bill for what you're looking for in an IEM. Although initial impressions are a bit skewed with these, because since they're a dynamic, they evolve somewhat with burn in. Soundstage opens up a good deal. That's the biggest thing that changes with them.

Within the next 3 days I hope.
Anyone tried these amped with say a Fiio E5 (non-bass mode as adding bass to it = insane)?
Although that said, impression with that added bass = interesting.
Will try out with Fiio E5 as well.

Reason I asked for the Head-Direct RE0 impressions what that of course the RE0 is highly comparable and belongs in the high-end IEM range and at just US$30 more = interesting.

Jun 22, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #209 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo;5783837[B
[size=small]]ive not heard the bimetal iems[/size][/B], but i have the pfe and the sleek. for overall comfort, i prefer the victor as the pfe hurt my ears and the sleek are not much better. however, the cable between the lot favours the victor the least. it is the same type as the pfe, but shorter which is rot. the sleeks is the best of the bunch though they are all so similar.

as for sound, they are each complements of each other i think. the pfe is the 'detailed' one with its intense treble energy while the sleek is the rocker with heavy mid-oriented sounds. as for the victor, it is the bassiest of the three but has a natural timbre to natural insturments which i prefer among the three.

if it was down to sound only, i would take the sleek, but comfort, finish all put together, probably the victor is the coolest one. the pfe still to this day, seems under developed. it is too flimsy.

The B-Metal are the new JVC's listed on thier US site jvc.com

Jun 22, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #210 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Within the next 3 days I hope.
Anyone tried these amped with say a Fiio E5 (non-bass mode as adding bass to it = insane)?
Although that said, impression with that added bass = interesting.
Will try out with Fiio E5 as well.

Reason I asked for the Head-Direct RE0 impressions what that of course the RE0 is highly comparable and belongs in the high-end IEM range and at just US$30 more = interesting.

i ALWAYS add bass to it, but I would be willing to give it a rundown of it with and without the E5 when i get home today out of the COWON O2PMP (without other COWON trickery, too, or maybe iPhoney 3G via LOD) and give an SQ review... Would you mind if I just review mp3 files or do you want me to review FLAC files, instead??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back