Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones
Jun 21, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #181 of 1,087
I have the 500's coming in a few days - looking forward to hearing them
(just had to have phones w/ the his-master's-voice doggie and horn on em!)

Being fundamentally lazy, not to mention hungover, I haven't checked the whole thread so how's leakage with these? Those sweet lil grills look open to me...

('Grados for rats', lol!)

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #183 of 1,087
Sounds good - but leakage? (ie is my wife going to smack me up because she can just about hear the tinny Ozrics @ four in the morning?)
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #184 of 1,087
no, i don't think so. while i never asked anyone to listen in on my music, when i put them in my ears, i did not really hear the outside much at all. i listen to anywhere between 1/4 to 1/5 of volume from an ipod. they really isolate quite well.

Jun 21, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #185 of 1,087
Thx for the clarification. Cheers, shigz!

Jun 21, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #186 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds good - but leakage? (ie is my wife going to smack me up because she can just about hear the tinny Ozrics @ four in the morning?)
biggrin.gif

Ozric's Testicles tinny????
atsmile.gif

Your wife should smack you up anyway. You know you've always done something wrong
ph34r.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #187 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ozric's Testicles tinny????
atsmile.gif

Your wife should smack you up anyway. You know you've always done something wrong
ph34r.gif

Tinny as in tsK chK tsK chK tsk tsK bloody earbud's on the bus tinny!

And I have, you're right. All men have. It's the cross we bear for being allowed nookie. Once a year.

biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #188 of 1,087
Quote:

Tinny as in tsK chK tsK chK tsk tsK bloody earbud's on the bus tinny!

Oh yeah, that sucks!

Quote:

And I have, you're right. All men have. It's the cross we bear for being allowed nookie. Once a year.

Once a year? Talk about demanding. She should really smack you up.

Oh, and on topic... cn11 said they didn't isolate too well on the plane. Are you planning to join the mile high club?? If not, don't worry too much
icon10.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #189 of 1,087
Sorry I dont know how they ended up so huge!

UPDATE: I resized them. theyre much more Netbook friendly now! LOL. Not high res, but hey... oh well.

The Phonak Audeo Silicone Sleeves Shimmy with the music creating a nice reverberative effect and dynamic that is fun and joyous to the ear and Ear. Quite enjoyable. It's been a while since I listened to musice with these sleeves, and I am sorta rediscovering them.

On a side note I ordered the Sony hybrid Silicone Sleeves off of eBay, and wonder how those will work. Hopefully they will fit over the modded ends of the sound tubes. Or I will be DISAPPOINTED. grumble grumble... LOL!

Jun 21, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #190 of 1,087
They the grey Phonak tips FLACvest? I use them on Triple Fi - nice tip, I agree
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2009 at 4:37 PM Post #191 of 1,087
I just pulled out my box of tips that I have saved from pretty much every IEM I've owned and although the Comply's isolate well they, by design isolate a little too much of the bass. I next tried the dual flange from my Senn CX500's and I still prefer the orignal stock tips that came on the Victors. I'm still "Chomping at the Bit" for some custom sleeves.

Jun 21, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #192 of 1,087
Quote:

They the grey Phonak tips FLACvest? I use them on Triple Fi - nice tip, I agree
smily_headphones1.gif

The Phonak Audeo Silicone Sleeves in Large! A bit of a pain to get on, but its a toss up between then and the v-moda BLISS silicone sleeves in Large for Moi. I still have to wait to get the SONY hybrid silicone sleeves and then I will do a journal and compare review of the characteristics. That will be my first review...

Jun 21, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #193 of 1,087
Heh, I use large too...effective seal w/out jamming too far in = happy bunny.

I'll be interested to hear yr thoughts on the hybrids - I've been thinking of trying those meself.

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #194 of 1,087
Quote:

Heh, I use large too...effective seal w/out jamming too far in = happy bunny.

I'll be interested to hear yr thoughts on the hybrids - I've been thinking of trying those meself.

When I receive mine and burnt them in a bit, I will be using Sony Hybrids with them so I'll definitely be doing a comparison.
That said, what would be a very interesting comparison, is these JVC HP-FX500 vs say a Head-Direct RE0 ($169 US shipped) or an Etymotic ER4P/S.
That I'll like to see. Obviously the FX500's will probably win the bass but it's the other sections I'm interested in.

Jun 21, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #195 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I receive mine and burnt them in a bit, I will be using Sony Hybrids with them so I'll definitely be doing a comparison.
That said, what would be a very interesting comparison, is these JVC HP-FX500 vs say a Head-Direct RE0 ($169 US shipped) or an Etymotic ER4P/S.
That I'll like to see. Obviously the FX500's will probably win the bass but it's the other sections I'm interested in.

I should do a comparison...

I do have a raaaather burnt in pair of (non-stock) pair of ER*4-P ( i can convert them back to stock for the comparison, if requested ) and they DEFINITELY make the ER*4-P eat dirt in the bass dept. in the clarity and tonality and in the resolution department as well. The only thing the etys do better is have annoying but fun rock-like grittyness. granularity that i dislike. Sharp. ick.

No longer to my taste. Keeping for reference celing.

Well boys, Its time for a nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back