very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK
Aug 13, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #136 of 186
Oh yeah i forgot to add i want a cable on one side, not both (not mandatory, just preferred).

I like those Senns and the Fostex too - but *comfort* is the most important thing. How are those for comfort? Clamp? Can i wear them for hours?

I'd go for the Portapros cos everyone rates them highly but tbh, they look very 80s, plus the whole fuzzy pads thing, eww.

Aug 13, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #137 of 186

Quote:
Oh yeah i forgot to add i want a cable on one side, not both (not mandatory, just preferred).

I like those Senns and the Fostex too - but *comfort* is the most important thing. How are those for comfort? Clamp? Can i wear them for hours?

I'd go for the Portapros cos everyone rates them highly but tbh, they look very 80s, plus the whole fuzzy pads thing, eww.

You use to use the V150s right? So the clamp force was there. I remember not being able to wear it for 2 hours (i think).

Ah! Also, check out this thread made by Joker. Amazing thread. You will be able to compare and check for the prices of headphones.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-89-portable-headphones-reviewed-beyerdynamic-dt1350-added-08-12

Scroll down close to the bottom of the thread and you'll find a table of results. Check out the comfort column. 

Here's the picture: http://cdn.head-fi.org/e/e1/e1514ea2_Portableheadphoneschartljokerl.png

Check it now! :)

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #140 of 186

Quote:
i stretched the MDR V150s out by sitting them across a can of paint for several days - those are the really cheap sonys.

Ahaha! They were cheap! No lies there!

Quote:
I like the table of results - shame i can't sort it per the things i need - circumaural, comfort, bass is irrelevant/not needed, etc...

True, true, but it's time for you to check them out. Read them up and buy 'em :)

Read the table, then go read the review. Check the comfort and picture for what you want. After that and you've found the pair of headphones you want, when you're free, go out to a music/audio store, and buy them. 

Buy --> Try --> Like --> Keep
             V----> Dislike --> Return! 

::EDIT::

But you should ask around first, whether the headphone really is comfy :)

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #145 of 186

Quote:
Check out Jays as well... like the Jays v-Jays... looks pretty simple and comfy to me and I know they sell them in the UK.

Check:

http://www.aiaiai.dk/headphones/tracks-headset-w-mic-black.html

Tracks. They're like the Jays v-Jays. V-Jays has to be soft and comfy (and Tracks). Both closed.

Aug 13, 2011 at 8:05 AM Post #146 of 186
3 good stores that you should have a look in are richersounds, superfi , and hard to find records they all have a resaonable selection of headphones and have a website although i hear the richer sounds in town got looted (im from birmingham aswell) all have good prices and superfi have goldrings and i hear the dr150's are comfy but they take a day or two to stop clamping strongly

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #147 of 186
 Wait! can someone help me with this, I'm sure there's a pair of Denons that look exactly like the Bose (not sure of comfort).

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #148 of 186
Thank you!!! A local! Yeah, i know the shops all got smashed up. We were in town the other day and i took a load of photos of smashed up shops. I didnt see any of the ones you mentioned, but i only went as far as Forbidden Planet / Corporation Street, and then back down New Street down to the Bull Ring and back to the train...

I will look them up! THANK YOU!!! :D

Aug 13, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #150 of 186
right, so tonight i've been using my husband's superlux hd681s.

They DO hurt under my ears, but it has to be said, they DONT hurt on top my head.

So looks like i need to find something that spreads the pressure wide across the top of my head, as well as going around my ears, not on them.

Which just about rules OUT the Boses! ARGH.

(and the openness of these superluxes = bad in a library, so must be closed!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back