very picky customer needs help buying IN THE UK
Aug 11, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #107 of 186
     Quote:
right, so have i committed Head-fi sacrilege?

I went to Pcworld/Currys in Birmingham today, tried on all their models, and fell in love with......

Bose AE2.

Best comfiest fit out of ALL their models. The sound is LESS important to me than the fit - and they sounded fine, better than my sonys 570LPs...

That's it!  Your Head-Fi license is now suspended pending a thorough review and psych evaluation!
wink_face.gif

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #108 of 186

Quote:
     Quote:

That's it!  Your Head-Fi license is now suspended pending a thorough review and psych evaluation!
wink_face.gif

bwahahahaa!!

i swear to god i'm looking at finding a way to buy these. They were *so* comfortable, and the comfort is my BIGGEST bugbear, i'm not as interested in mids and treble and whatnot as I am in 'do they hurt my effin skull/ears' or not...

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #109 of 186
can anyone else beat the comfort of these?

The HD555s were effin enormous.
The Sonys XB700s were huge and basey.
The noise cancelling Sonys did nothing for me (and were v pricy)
Beats by Dr Dre were meh, and not very comfortable
Neither were the Skullcandys

so.... Bose AE2 it was - the most comfortable pair of cans i've ever tried on. Okay, with time they might ache me as well, but i dont know that, and i'd have to buy-n-try i guess!!

Aug 11, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #111 of 186
Still a bit unsure?  I personally, still suggest the Sennheisers.  It's true they're a bit on the large side, but they're highly adjustable, so they'll fit a wide variety of head sizes.

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #112 of 186
The senns were in a box, it is true. I didnt get to try them on. I did look at them carefully, cos i recognised the model num as one that was suggested on this thread.

But they're effin HUGE, and i am a female, not necessarily wanting to get bogged down in a pair of cans bigger than my own cranium!

TBH their size frightened me off :/

Aug 12, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #113 of 186
The Sennheiser 555 is just big so that the cushion goes around your ears, instead of pressing in on them. They've got a very decent chance of being comfy--I would know, I just switched to a pair of specs with big, plastic arms and now headphone comfort is a bigger concern than ever before.

Does the store have a return policy? Maybe you could get the 555 and try it for a week.

Aug 12, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #114 of 186
Yeah, its Pcworld/Currys in town (Birmingham, UK) - their return policy will be whatever their standard is. They also sell 2 and 3 year replacement policies too.

If i had asked, they'd have unboxed a pair of 555s for me - they offered to. But i fell in love with how the Bose felt, so i didnt ask :/

I am heading into a different town centre today, maybe i can stop in and ask the foks at that shop? We'll see.

Seriously, the Bose felt.so.gooooood - truly.

Aug 12, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #115 of 186
Sure, I don't doubt that, it's just that part of why it felt comfy was:
a) it's light
b) it's not stiff.

Unfortunately those same 2 point are kind of linked to its build quality...which is a bit suspect, and I don't think you'd want to blow 119 pounds on something you'll have to replace or repair. Sound quality aside, I think you can do better for the money. Heck, you can do better for less.

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:48 AM Post #119 of 186

Quote:
In ear monitors are probably better at noise cancelling than most full-sized headphones. Foam tips are really comfortable. 

If you mean Etymotic, I strongly disagree.

If you mean that audio technica noise cancelling IEM, then I agree, that's the only noise cancelling product I've used that didn't make me feel weird, and it actually sounded really good for it's price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back