Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2020 at 11:38 PM Post #1,306 of 1,486
For reference, here are the three shots of the updated carbon Verum One:

verum-mk2-carbon-1.jpg

verum-mk2-carbon-2.jpg

verum-mk2-carbon-3.jpg

Feb 4, 2020 at 2:30 AM Post #1,307 of 1,486
Ooooh. I like the change. I wonder how hard it is to change the headband (and possibly grills)...

I see there are more pics on the Verum website.

Grill's are rather difficult to change but headband can be swapped during less then 5 minutes and will be offered in future as a swap kit.

Feb 4, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #1,308 of 1,486
Really beautiful. Almost makes me order a pair but I'll rather support Verum 2.

Feb 4, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #1,310 of 1,486
Yes

Feb 4, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #1,311 of 1,486
@Garuspik no more gold grills now or is that still and option on V2 ?

Feb 4, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #1,312 of 1,486
Really beautiful. Almost makes me order a pair but I'll rather support Verum 2.
You never know, the tuning of Verum 1 may actually be the better. Sometimes when people try to improve something they actually make a lateral move, or less commonly they make things worse. I don't know of course as I can't predict the future.

Feb 4, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #1,313 of 1,486
You never know, the tuning of Verum 1 may actually be the better. Sometimes when people try to improve something they actually make a lateral move, or less commonly they make things worse. I don't know of course as I can't predict the future.
Is it actually a driver retuning as well, or only just a new design for the exterior ?

Feb 7, 2020 at 4:03 AM Post #1,315 of 1,486
Completely new. Something about circular magnets if I remember correctly. In another site he said he's currently on the lookout for extra thin diaphragm material. Scintillating stuff :)
Is that related to Verum 1 that has just had an exterior upgrade or is it a 2nd model being talked about in last few posts..."Verum 2".

Feb 7, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #1,316 of 1,486
Well, there's the original Verum 1. Than there's the just released "Verum 1.1" which is just the original with as you say exterior upgrades like the headband. I has the exact samed driver, magnets, etc.

THAN, there's a brand new spanking headphone Garuspik is working on that will include new circular magnets, an extra thin diaphragm akin to the highest end planars, and be at least somewhat more expensive (exact price tbd). THAT will be Verum 2, or whatever he ends up calling it

All this is as far as i know, of course

Feb 7, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #1,317 of 1,486
Well, there's the original Verum 1. Than there's the just released "Verum 1.1" which is just the original with as you say exterior upgrades like the headband. I has the exact samed driver, magnets, etc.

THAN, there's a brand new spanking headphone Garuspik is working on that will include new circular magnets, an extra thin diaphragm akin to the highest end planars, and be at least somewhat more expensive (exact price tbd). THAT will be Verum 2, or whatever he ends up calling it

All this is as far as i know, of course
That is my understanding as well. Should be exciting.

Feb 8, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #1,318 of 1,486
Garuspik is targeting headphones such as the Utopia, LCD-4 with the Verum 2.

I think he’ll do it. The Verum 1 already outperforms the LCD-2, LCD-3 and X. The timbre is also already superior to the LCD-4. We’ve been waiting for a company like this for a long time, someone who isn’t greedy and doesn’t charge a bomb. I used to respect zach for that but he has made ZMF a luxury brand and none of them are as good as Verum so I’m thankful we have this level of audio for a crazy good price IMO.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #1,319 of 1,486
Garuspik is targeting headphones such as the Utopia, LCD-4 with the Verum 2.

I think he’ll do it. The Verum 1 already outperforms the LCD-2, LCD-3 and X. The timbre is also already superior to the LCD-4. We’ve been waiting for a company like this for a long time, someone who isn’t greedy and doesn’t charge a bomb. I used to respect zach for that but he has made ZMF a luxury brand and none of them are as good as Verum so I’m thankful we have this level of audio for a crazy good price IMO.
Agreed. Garuspik just needs to improve reliability and communication with customers. Then he's all set.

I've also been waiting for a non-greedy manufacturer. It's rarer than a unicorn nowadays.

Feb 8, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #1,320 of 1,486
I agree with what people are saying, absolutely, but you might all be ignoring something. We don't know what Garuspik plans for himself. We shouldn't assume that he is happy with how much money he is making. As he works harder at this he may find that he needs to put even more time into it. Garuspik may very well decide that he needs and deserves more money, and that would be a perfectly fair and reasonable decision. We have no idea how much or how little he is paying himself now and for all any of us know it won't be sustainable. As his products get more known and respected, he will get much busier, and that may mean needing to hire people, pay for new facilities, all kinds of things that cause prices to go up.

ZMF have become expensive, but on the positive side I suspect Zach directly and indirectly employs other people so not all of that money is going directly into Zach's pockets. When people talk about how this is the new way headphones should be priced unintentionally we are telling Garuspik he shouldn't want to earn any more money than he is now. If we don't feel that way then that means we should be prepared for prices to go up to one degree or another. In the end, we all make as much money as the market for whatever services or skills we have is willing to pay us. So those who make expensive headphones are simply doing what we all do, they go to the market and find out how much people are willing to pay for their products. Just my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back