Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #1,325 of 1,486
I dont know If replaced my Liquid spark with the new magni 3+
because I think my amp was distorted with this headphones
what do you think? which is better?
How do you know that the amp was the problem?

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #1,327 of 1,486
I dont know..
I think it was distorted and garuspik recommend the magni
the sound isnt very clean
Are your other headphones ok with the LS amp? If so clearly it isn't the amplifier causing the distortion, but rather an interaction effect of the Verum 1's design and the amplifier, so a mismatch. Odd as the specifications on the LS seem pretty normal. Anyway, the Magni3 is reputed to be quite nice from what I have read.

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #1,328 of 1,486
Are your other headphones ok with the LS amp? If so clearly it isn't the amplifier causing the distortion, but rather an interaction effect of the Verum 1's design and the amplifier, so a mismatch. Odd as the specifications on the LS seem pretty normal. Anyway, the Magni3 is reputed to be quite nice from what I have read.

other headphones will be ok I think but it was different because it isnt so much low ohm like Verum.
maybe the LS isnt very compatible to this..

Feb 21, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #1,329 of 1,486
other headphones will be ok I think but it was different because it isnt so much low ohm like Verum.
maybe the LS isnt very compatible to this..
Shouldn't matter, typically planar designs have flat impedance curves and should be less sensitive to things such as output impedance. Not to mention the output impedance of the LS is quite low. Low ohms should matter very, very little.

Feb 22, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #1,331 of 1,486
so the magni 3+ isnt better than LS?
I am not sure what the technical differences are that should interact with the Verum 1 in such a way as to make your perception of distorted sound disappear. Maybe Garuspik will be able to explain why he is making the recommendation.

Feb 24, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #1,332 of 1,486
Any of you ordered in late December received your pair yet? Haven't been able to get an update from Garuspik.

Been anxiously waiting to listen to these!

I ordered mine at the end of December and received them today. Just listening to them now, literally my second tune so no proper impressions yet.

Also, mine is a kinda Verum 1.5 (not officially, that's just how I see it). It has a new grill, "new better cable" (according to Garuspik) and 3.5mm sockets feeding into the cups/drivers (instead of previously used 2.5mm). Doesn't have the new headband though.
He did say to me on another board that "all orders made after 25 January will receive units with new headbands" - to answer the question below.....

Is there a release date for the Verum 2?

edit - if it matters, I received the perforated earpads, not sure if that's a big deal but I prefer that as it stays slightly cooler, but just thought I'd add that info

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #1,333 of 1,486
Are these connectors regular 2.5mm? I think they sent me one with TRSS connectors. My guess is they work but I'm trying to figure out what the connectors are to order a balanced cable.

IMG_1695.JPG

Feb 29, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #1,334 of 1,486
I ordered mine at the end of December and received them today. Just listening to them now, literally my second tune so no proper impressions yet.

Also, mine is a kinda Verum 1.5 (not officially, that's just how I see it). It has a new grill, "new better cable" (according to Garuspik) and 3.5mm sockets feeding into the cups/drivers (instead of previously used 2.5mm). Doesn't have the new headband though.
He did say to me on another board that "all orders made after 25 January will receive units with new headbands" - to answer the question below.....

edit - if it matters, I received the perforated earpads, not sure if that's a big deal but I prefer that as it stays slightly cooler, but just thought I'd add that info

So... If I order the headphones in the coming days, I get a version with...

- New grill design shown on the website
- Better cable and 3.5 mm connectors
- Perforated earpads shown in all pictures
- Improved headband design by default

Can anybody confirm these? Something I overlooked above?

Feb 29, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #1,335 of 1,486
Quick cable question:
I have the very original Verum 1, with the 2.5mm cable connectors.
A cable maker told me that his balanced cable, using mono 2.5mm connectors, should work just fine (despite stock cable being 2.5mm stereo connectors).

Is he correct? Need to know before placing my order...

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back