Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #1,096 of 1,486
The HE4XX is my current headphone and I'd appreciate a few words about how you think they compare with the Verum. I've already ordered it, but a few words would be nice :)
I liek applejack. Have a liek.

Nov 27, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #1,097 of 1,486
The HE4XX is my current headphone and I'd appreciate a few words about how you think they compare with the Verum. I've already ordered it, but a few words would be nice :)

4XX is a great value. Resolving and clear. Nice quality feel for a budget headphone. Cable is nice and flexible. A little heavy and hot on the head after extended wear. Fairly fatiguing and sibilant after extended listening. Not very good imaging. Highly recommended as an entry level unit.

Verum 1 is a great headphone. Slightly heavy but noticeable as top headband is super comfy. Stock pads are meh but better than 4XX. Still, recommend perforated ZMF (ori & universe both work great) helps with larger ear cavity, breaths better and you don't loose much bass extension. I imagine his perforated pads are also fine, just not as big ear cavity as I prefer. Great clarity, pretty darn good imaging, small soundstage. Stage seems narrow and tall, gives a large speaker presentation. Just big speaker presentation. Very natural timbre. Lots of contrast. Headband ergonomics and look are blah. Stock cable is blah. Astonishing price.

Nov 27, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #1,098 of 1,486
4XX is a great value. Resolving and clear. Nice quality feel for a budget headphone. Cable is nice and flexible. A little heavy and hot on the head after extended wear. Fairly fatiguing and sibilant after extended listening. Not very good imaging. Highly recommended as an entry level unit.

Verum 1 is a great headphone. Slightly heavy but noticeable as top headband is super comfy. Stock pads are meh but better than 4XX. Still, recommend perforated ZMF (ori & universe both work great) helps with larger ear cavity, breaths better and you don't loose much bass extension. I imagine his perforated pads are also fine, just not as big ear cavity as I prefer. Great clarity, pretty darn good imaging, small soundstage. Stage seems narrow and tall, gives a large speaker presentation. Just big speaker presentation. Very natural timbre. Lots of contrast. Headband ergonomics and look are blah. Stock cable is blah. Astonishing price.

and what about dac?
this amp was give the maximum from this headphone?
I dont know if to buy desktop dac, I can connect my SMSL iDea as a dac...
@xRaptorxPunisher

and I think the Verum is on another level versus HE4XX.

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #1,099 of 1,486
To me the verums sound much more natural. Going back to the HE-4XX, it sound a bit artificial with sort of a metallic tone to it. The sound on the 4XX seems a little more V-shaped to me with boosted treble and somewhat elevated bass. The midrange sound much fuller on the verums. In terms of resolution, the HE4xx makes some details stand out more due to the treble boost but when you listen more carefully the verums are at least as detailed. The bass on the verum is more better textured and reaches lower than the 4xx but it is a little less in quantity and more in line with the midrange. Still packs an impressive punch when called upon tho. I’m really not the best at describing sound but that is about it. The verums just sound very realistic to me. It is also much easier to drive and actually sound pretty good out of a decent phone whereas the he4xx really need an amp to sound good at all.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #1,100 of 1,486
@
Garuspik
hi Igor, so the ukraine tracking won't allow me to track any more and 17 track shows multiple parcels under my tracking number so i can't track any longer there either. i sent email with same update but never received reply. at this point its all on you to update me IF the two parcels ever show up. first UH018996759US was shipped on july 29th and second UH019870131US was shipped on sept 19th. i still see the second one on 17 track but still no movement since sept 26th which was the first ones last update too.
thanks ted

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #1,101 of 1,486
@
Garuspik
hi Igor, so the ukraine tracking won't allow me to track any more and 17 track shows multiple parcels under my tracking number so i can't track any longer there either. i sent email with same update but never received reply. at this point its all on you to update me IF the two parcels ever show up. first UH018996759US was shipped on july 29th and second UH019870131US was shipped on sept 19th. i still see the second one on 17 track but still no movement since sept 26th which was the first ones last update too.
thanks ted
Sometimes items can get held up at SFO customs for an eternity. One time DHL reached out to me and asked if I wanted to expedite the customs process for a previous order for a fee after it had been in customs for over a month. I agreed and paid to speed up the process.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #1,102 of 1,486
Sometimes items can get held up at SFO customs for an eternity. One time DHL reached out to me and asked if I wanted to expedite the customs process for a previous order for a fee after it had been in customs for over a month. I agreed and paid to speed up the process.
usps and look at the first date end of july so 5 months so far on first parcel.
it is what it is at this point

Dec 7, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #1,103 of 1,486
I just received my pair of carbon design headphones. However, the holes on the headphone for connecting to the cable is bigger than the two cable plugs labeled L and R. -_-

did anyone else encounter such a problem with their purchase?

FOR FRUGS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i waited 2 months and finally they are in town, missed the postman, spent a few hours to self collect from the post office and came home to this! feels good man, igor. IGOR, WTFRUG is going on?!

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #1,104 of 1,486
I just received my pair of carbon design headphones. However, the holes on the headphone for connecting to the cable is bigger than the two cable plugs labeled L and R. -_-

FOR FRUGS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i waited 2 months and finally they are in town, missed the postman, spent a few hours to self collect from the post office and came home to this! feels good man, igor. IGOR, WTFRUG is going on?!
Waited for mine for about 4-5 months and had problem with my unit when it arrived as well.

Now you gotta send back the unit at your own cost, even if it is broken on arrival. I wonder if Verum checks every unit before sending off to customers.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #1,105 of 1,486
I wonder if the jacks are 3.5mm instead of 2.5? Might be easier to buy a cheap cable from Amazon to see if that's the problem.

Dec 7, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #1,106 of 1,486

yes garuspik mentioned he is changing to 3.5mm sockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back