Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #1,111 of 1,486
he changed the socket and didnt give me the correct cable. -_- i have no words for this, after waiting for 2 months lol all the excitement and expectation already died down completely

I would be super frustrated as well, but I got to tell ya, I would rather have that version lol. easy to find a nice 3.5mm dual to XLR or similar for not much money. if I were you, I would try to work something out with him for just getting $ to get yourself a cable.

Dec 7, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #1,112 of 1,486
I would be super frustrated as well, but I got to tell ya, I would rather have that version lol. easy to find a nice 3.5mm dual to XLR or similar for not much money. if I were you, I would try to work something out with him for just getting $ to get yourself a cable.

i want what hes pairing as a whole product that everyones getting though because that will be the exact sound hes selling for the verum ones

although i do mostly think that any cables might do

Dec 7, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #1,113 of 1,486
he changed the socket and didnt give me the correct cable. -_- i have no words for this, after waiting for 2 months lol all the excitement and expectation already died down completely

What a terrible disaster! :D

I can't even imagine how you're frustrated if black cat crosses your road :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 7, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #1,114 of 1,486
It'll be 3 weeks since my order on Monday. Was hoping it'll ship in 2 like the website advertised, but guess not...

If I do get the 3.5mm jack version though, I suppose that's a good reason to wait :)

Dec 7, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #1,115 of 1,486
What a terrible disaster! :D

I can't even imagine how you're frustrated if black cat crosses your road :wink:

are you insinuating he has no right to be frustrated after his wait? I get it it's bad luck and a mishap, but someone forking over $350, then being disappointed after opening the box isn't cool. your being cheeky about it, makes you look like you don't care about your customers.

Dec 7, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #1,116 of 1,486
I'm not going to lie the black cat comment and the sarcasm was funny lol!

Thing is a lot of people don't get European humour. That said I'm sure Garuspik will send out a cable.

Dec 7, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #1,117 of 1,486
Yes, I was going to point that out.

We're a lot more sarcastic and vulgar towards each other in general. Now I am not necessarily saying whether that's good or bad, more human or less kind (though I certainly wish we were a bit more polite and nicer towards each other at times!) but it's different to how you guys treat each other overseas..

Now as a seller obviously the etiquette should be more tempered than what would be, but it didn't read like a particularly mean comment to me.

I am sorry for everyone whose headphone took forever to arrive. I am personally still waiting so I don't know where I'll stand, but I hope to have mine by Xmas!

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #1,118 of 1,486
yeah sorry, I disagree. earlier in the thread he points out that his headphones equate to a salary for someone in his country. then later on is sarcastic towards folks with issues with their order. I don't think that is how you should treat customers. a little over-sensitive - maybe... I guess I just expect more from someone I buy product from. I LOVE his headphones and usually give him the benefit of the doubt but based on a lot of posts, I think the cumulative effect for me is I would not recommend any of my friends place a new order with him. the wait and indifference just too much for me personally. to each their own.

I will still always credit them for being the incredible headphones they are.

Dec 7, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #1,119 of 1,486
Certainly won't argue with that; Valid points you got.

I intend to compare the Verums with my personal favorite budget kings, the HE4XX and see what'll come off it.

I admittedly haven't heard all the latest offerings as of late, but find the 4XX a real steal at their price, so the Verums will need to have some muscles to flex for sure :]

EDIT - @Garuspik proposed to refund @pokpokgel the price of the cable so he could order another one on Amazon. He was so kind he rejected his offer cause he already has 3.5->2x3.5mm cable. So, props to him for standing up for his service (which was the vibe I got from the beginning, but since I had no experience I didn't want to speak too soon)! For some reason that part of his post was deleted but I am happy to relay that :}

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #1,121 of 1,486
yeah sorry, I disagree. earlier in the thread he points out that his headphones equate to a salary for someone in his country. then later on is sarcastic towards folks with issues with their order. I don't think that is how you should treat customers. a little over-sensitive - maybe... I guess I just expect more from someone I buy product from. I LOVE his headphones and usually give him the benefit of the doubt but based on a lot of posts, I think the cumulative effect for me is I would not recommend any of my friends place a new order with him. the wait and indifference just too much for me personally. to each their own.

if they are that good i will still recommend my friends to buy but i'll just have them know not to wait for it that eagerly since it takes time to eventually have them in hand. i dont tell people to stop buying products just cause their service isnt as good as more established companies if the product itself is good, but thats just me. i mean we dont want to ruin his future businesses just over this if hes making good products and just need to improve on the other side services

but @Garuspik are you sending me a cable or? I think u mixed me up with another forum user here, i didnt ask for money to buy cables, its others suggesting. I'll wait for you to reply my email, i guess.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #1,122 of 1,486
if they are that good i will still recommend my friends to buy but i'll just have them know not to wait for it that eagerly since it takes time to eventually have them in hand. i dont tell people to stop buying products just cause their service isnt as good as more established companies if the product itself is good, but thats just me. i mean we dont want to ruin his future businesses just over this if hes making good products and just need to improve on the other side services

yeah, that's why I said to each their own. I completely disagree, I do not recommend products to friends that have poor or below average service. I am not basing my response to your one incident. I am basing it on the cumulative responses on discord, here and other forums.

given the wait time to get them for many, I would expect stellar service to coincide with the killer product, that is just me and my $.

If Verum can iron out customer service and more importantly, the long wait times - Verum 1.5 and 2 will hit a homerun with the masses. He can still get there (assuming that is even what he wants).

Dec 8, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #1,123 of 1,486
yeah, that's why I said to each their own. I completely disagree, I do not recommend products to friends that have poor or below average service. I am not basing my response to your one incident. I am basing it on the cumulative responses on discord, here and other forums.

given the wait time to get them for many, I would expect stellar service to coincide with the killer product, that is just me and my $.

If Verum can iron out customer service and more importantly, the long wait times - Verum 1.5 and 2 will hit a homerun with the masses. He can still get there (assuming that is even what he wants).
Agreed. Garuspik already got the sound part.

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #1,124 of 1,486

I found the customers behaviour more over-the-top and not needed. All he had to do was PM Garuspik and expalin the issue not come on here like Garuspik stole his wallet. I get it there's a long wait and it's annoying when things happen but this is basically a one man show, hand made product with care and attention and when orders are pouring it and you're in work mode mistakes can happen. The Customer IMO acting more childish and entitled over an honest mistake that will be put right.

As for the comments, lighten up man, if people want nice replies don't come at people with messege saying WTFFFFF and all this sillyness, you'll get an equal reply.

I've always said his customer service could be better i.e contact, emails but then again everyone is different, his products always arrive; but yeah I agree in some cases. I feel in this instance the customer got the same reaction he gave. We always moan about customer service but then never look our own behaviour.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 4:20 AM Post #1,125 of 1,486
The connector change is probably because it's more durable.

Hifiman also started with 2.5 and later changed to 3 5, so I suppose it might be easier to initially implement into the housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back