Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #46 of 1,486
What were these cans like in the end? looked to be a heavy old thing.

Feb 13, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #51 of 1,486
Those measurements got me a bit interested too but I'm too for the closed backs.

Feb 13, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #52 of 1,486
I have! I absolutely love them, easily the best quality cans I've ever tried! They have this fluid transparent sound to them. I'm working on improving my measurement rig so I can get more accurate treble readings, but so far the results are insane. Flat line from 10Hz to 200Hz or so, and aside from peaks and bumps here and there, it stays mostly flat up to the 1K area. Then the treble is very inoffensive, with no large peaks to ruin things. They extend way higher than I thought they would too, with energy way way up in the 14K area. With the improved rig I should be able to get better treble readings, and generally a more accurate graph.

The channel matching seems to be exactly as insane as advertised, as the drivers are 90% the same in measurements.

I'm running EQ on mine, which will change slightly as I get my rig in order. I tried pad rolling, and the stock pads aren't just among the best I've tried, they're also the best measuring ones!
Thanks for the impression! They look really promising and I might get one as well.

Feb 13, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #53 of 1,486
I'm getting a bit like a kid at Christmas waiting for mine to arrive. I got a tracking number that says they left customs in the Ukraine headed for the US on Feb 2nd but nothing since. Anyone from the US get theirs yet? I'm just curious to know how long shipping took.

Feb 13, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #54 of 1,486
I'm getting a bit like a kid at Christmas waiting for mine to arrive. I got a tracking number that says they left customs in the Ukraine headed for the US on Feb 2nd but nothing since. Anyone from the US get theirs yet? I'm just curious to know how long shipping took.

I just got mine yesterday! About 9 days after I got the tracking#. Didn't get a ton of time to play with them, but they sound so good!

Feb 14, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #55 of 1,486
Got mine today. Took 20 days from Ukraine to Taiwan.

IMG_20190214_195538.jpg IMG_20190214_200259.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #57 of 1,486
Got mine today. Took 20 days from Ukraine to Asia.

Nice. Unfortunately, I'm number 396, so I haven't even got a tracking number yet... No complaints though. For Kickstarter, this has been extremely well run. Just need to be patient...

BTW, mine will come in carbon and silver. Looking forward to seeing the difference.

Feb 14, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #58 of 1,486
Nice. Unfortunately, I'm number 396, so I haven't even got a tracking number yet... No complaints though. For Kickstarter, this has been extremely well run. Just need to be patient...

BTW, mine will come in carbon and silver. Looking forward to seeing the difference.

Hands down the best Kickstarter campaign I've been a part of. Constant updates and to start delivering on the original projected date is an extreme rarity in crowd funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back