Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #61 of 1,486
Got mine today. Took 20 days from Ukraine to Asia.

Looks nice! Does your set have gold on the left and silver on the right? Are all the sets like that by default or did you request that?

Nice. Unfortunately, I'm number 396, so I haven't even got a tracking number yet... No complaints though. For Kickstarter, this has been extremely well run. Just need to be patient...

BTW, mine will come in carbon and silver. Looking forward to seeing the difference.

I definitely want to see pics when you get it. That's the color combo that I think would look the best and the one I would order if I get one.

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #62 of 1,486
They are in the building, impressions to come later!

32543719509634472.png

Feb 15, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #63 of 1,486
My Zebrano/Silver pair are a bit darker than I thought the Zebrano would be but still they look great. I'm gonna hold off on sound impressions until I get a good bit of head time in. I'm currently using my M1060's stock pads because the Verum's pad openings were just slightly too small for my ears. Here are a few pics of my Verums with my Periapt cable:

Verum 1 (1).jpg Verum 1 (2).jpg
Verum 1 (3).jpg

Feb 15, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #64 of 1,486
My Zebrano/Silver pair are a bit darker than I thought the Zebrano would be but still they look great. I'm gonna hold off on sound impressions until I get a good bit of head time in. I'm currently using my M1060's stock pads because the Verum's pad openings were just slightly too small for my ears. Here are a few pics of my Verums with my Periapt cable:

Nice! What are those connectors? 2.5 mm? 3.5 mm? Also, I'll be interested to see how the straight connectors into the cups work. Right angles might put less stress. Planning on building a balanced cable once mine have shipped.

Feb 15, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #65 of 1,486

So ... can you describe the difference in sound with the Periapt cables ??

Feb 15, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #66 of 1,486
Nice! What are those connectors? 2.5 mm? 3.5 mm? Also, I'll be interested to see how the straight connectors into the cups work. Right angles might put less stress. Planning on building a balanced cable once mine have shipped.

They are 2.5mm. Any of the newer HiFiMan cables or Monolith M1060/M1060C cables will fit the Verum.

So ... can you describe the difference in sound with the Periapt cables ??

Not much if any, I'm using it because it's 7ft and gives me a bit more room to move around. Plus it's crazy well built, not to mention it looks good, lol.

Feb 15, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #67 of 1,486

I switched to m1060 stock pads by the same reason as yours. However I can't accept the sound so back to Verum stock.
I also roll over 10 pads and the Verum stock do the best.

Feb 15, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #68 of 1,486
I switched to m1060 stock pads by the same reason as yours. However I can't accept the sound so back to Verum stock.
What is the pads' opening size?! I am a little worried now... :thinking:

Feb 15, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #70 of 1,486
You mean the Verum stock pads?
60x55mm is what I measure now.
That is gonna be too small for me :anguished:
Hopefully, would still feel OK despite not quite fitting my ears...

Feb 15, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #72 of 1,486

I have big ears and generally dislike pleather. What's the best non-pleather, more spacious, pad that you have tried? I'm considering getting a pair but if I can't find a viable pad alternative I might not bother.

Feb 15, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #73 of 1,486

Fortunately for me, the M1060 pads sound as good if not better than the stock Verum pads. I've tried Alpha pads, ZMF cowhides, Audeze leather, and the M1060 pads so far.

That is gonna be too small for me :anguished:
Hopefully, would still feel OK despite not quite fitting my ears...

They were still comfortable to me, but I like a little room for my ears. Since I had other pads around, I went with one that sounds just as good but gave me that extra room.

I have big ears and generally dislike pleather. What's the best non-pleather, more spacious, pad that you have tried? I'm considering getting a pair but if I can't find a viable pad alternative I might not bother.

I haven't tried any non-pleather/leather pads yet myself. I wasn't willing to unstick my vegans from my M1060 just yet. When I do get the custom alcantara pads I was talking about in the M1060 thread the other day, I'll try them on the Verums and see how they sound. I'll shoot you a PM and let you know if you like.

Feb 15, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #74 of 1,486
I haven't tried any non-pleather/leather pads yet myself. I wasn't willing to unstick my vegans from my M1060 just yet. When I do get the custom alcantara pads I was talking about in the M1060 thread the other day, I'll try them on the Verums and see how they sound. I'll shoot you a PM and let you know if you like.

Thank you! That would be awesome if you are willing! :o2smile:

Feb 15, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #75 of 1,486
Sorry I don't know the meaning of pleather (I heard pleather pad long ago but still don't know what exactly is).

Anyway, I tried many such as ZMF K701 AH-D7000 AR-H1 etc. Finally Verum stock, Shure840 and HM5 sound acceptable for me. Overall Verum win. 840 second.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back