VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)
May 29, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #436 of 507
Quote:

That is interesting. A fault in the documentation I'd guess. When I had the VAmp, it operated exactly like the Go-DAP 4.0. The only differences were the pre-fixed EQ tweak (the Go-DAP's ASR vs VQ mode or whatever that's called in the VAmp).

FYI, V-Moda acknowledged Vamp should charge the Iphone 4 in the off position since "off" should effectively bypass Vamp altogether.  Here I go again sending in for repair.  Have there been many performance issues with Venturecraft products in general or moreso with GoDAP4/Vamp?  Is it more of a quality issue or software compatibility issue with Apple products?

May 29, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #437 of 507
Oh!! My bad! Sorry Craig I misread you! Yes in off/sync it should charge the iPhone. I kept misreading you meant charging the VAmp/Go-DAP battery instead.

May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #438 of 507
I've been lurking this site for a while and this is my first post. I have a few questions since a friend of mine will be shipping me one of these soon from akiba.

I read earlier in the thread that if wanting the best sound for iems I should consider doing the 10ohm mod. Would it be simple to do and if so does anyone have pictures of the diode that needs to be desoldered?

Also I'm an iem guy and was wondering what iem I should pair with the dap x that would sound the best between 100 - 200 dollar price range?

Thanks for your time

May 31, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #439 of 507
Tetsuosan, actually it's not a DIY mod. You just have to tell VentureCraft & they will do it for you. That way warranty is still valid :)

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #440 of 507
@AnakChan - The only problem I have is that I live in the states and to have it shipped back to japan for the mod would cost some serious money, especially now that I hear about this new japanese law regarding batteries?  The other issue is that my japanese friend doesn't really understand hi-fi jargon let alone any type of jargon regarding electronics lol, but thanks for the quick response and I hope this amp/dac will hold me off for a while being that I'm still a beginner in this new hobby.  I know that in the next few months I'll probably be purchasing something with more oomph.

Jun 1, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #442 of 507
Quote:
I've been lurking this site for a while and this is my first post. I have a few questions since a friend of mine will be shipping me one of these soon from akiba.

I read earlier in the thread that if wanting the best sound for iems I should consider doing the 10ohm mod. Would it be simple to do and if so does anyone have pictures of the diode that needs to be desoldered?

Also I'm an iem guy and was wondering what iem I should pair with the dap x that would sound the best between 100 - 200 dollar price range?

Thanks for your time

Here is the picture. You can see 4 surface mount resistor next to the headphone out (two on each side). Those are the one that need to be switch. If your X is standard one, the resistor should labeled 470. You just need to replace it with 10Ω resistor like mine (code 100). This one is done by people from VentureCraft. you can seen that OpAmp also have been replaced too.

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #443 of 507
For head-fier outside japan, you can buy both Typhoon and Go-Dap TT through their website right now.

http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_en/buy_paypal.php

Limited-time price is pretty much the same as in japan.

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #444 of 507
Jun 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #445 of 507
Quote:
Did you heard these two Dac / Amo !
How iare these two compare to go dap X ?
I saw Anakchan said the power about the same like go dap X
Thank you

I only heard the prototype of Typhoon but not TT.

I suspect that TT is pretty much based on X but Typhoon is newly designed circuit. There is only one OpAmp chip required in Typhoon in stead of two in X. DAC in Typhoon is also completely different than X too. The power of Typhoon is pretty much similar to X at 120 mW.

I have both of them on order, so I can give you an impression when I get my hand on it.

Jun 6, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #446 of 507
I only heard the prototype of Typhoon but not TT.

I suspect that TT is pretty much based on X but Typhoon is newly designed circuit. There is only one OpAmp chip required in Typhoon in stead of two in X. DAC in Typhoon is also completely different than X too. The power of Typhoon is pretty much similar to X at 120 mW.

I have both of them on order, so I can give you an impression when I get my hand on it.

Thank you for your information

Jun 8, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #448 of 507
Some pix of the TT at the e-earphone promotion today. Meet some Japanese audiophiles too :-

The TT is very interesting but I love the 30 pin to USB LOD. Are these available to North Americans?

Jun 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #449 of 507
Quote:
The TT is very interesting but I love the 30 pin to USB LOD. Are these available to North Americans?

Oh yes they are. Search for VentureCraft on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back