Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM
Sep 3, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #407 of 662
Sep 3, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #408 of 662
I second that (the bolded part). While the Ostry tips sound rather disappointing on some other IEMs I've tried them with,they're quite interesting on the Duke:

• [COLOR=0000FF]OS100 (blue)[/COLOR]: best clarity, reduced sibilance (vs. stock tips)
  • [COLOR=FF0000]OS200 (red)[/COLOR]: medium clarity, no sibilance
  • OS300 (black): worst clarity, no sibilance

Obviously, OS300 are not recommended for the Duke. OS200 get rid of sibilance and retain pretty good clarity, they're probably the best choice for those who wear the Duke with a shallow seal. OS100 have the best clarity, however they only partly eliminate sibilance, so I'd say they're best suited for a deeper seal.

The optimum seems to be halfway between the OS100 and OS200, which can be achieved by stuffing a tiny amount of cotton wool into the OS100 before putting them on the Duke.

That's my impression as well, the Duke and the Delta is the only two I enjoy with them.

From your description of the other colors I'm pretty sure I could have skipped getting the others and just sticked with my blue ones.

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #410 of 662
Right now at the Turkish customs:

The officer on the ground is wearing my Duke...

(according to track information more than 1 week passed in the customs, still waiting for it, no other possibilities left :wink:

Sep 4, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #413 of 662
Sep 5, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #414 of 662
Listening to Iron Maiden's new album with DX90 LO -> VE Runabout -> VE Duke with Mo's foamies and relatively deep insertion. Nice!

RA sounds more organic vs. the DX90. Feels like one of those analog vs. digital things I see referenced quite often.

The DX90's variable LO solves any problems with Runabout not having enough play on the volume pot. I've got the LO set to 225/255. It sounds great and really lets me fine tune the volume.

You DX90 owners out there are going to love this setup :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back