1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM

First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Next

Last
  1. nmatheis Contributor
  2. james444 Contributor

Sorry, I've been told a tour project I've come up with might violate forum rules, so I've put it on hold pending clarification.

3. nmatheis Contributor

Ah, yes. Head-fi's nebulous rules about sharing audio gear, so others can experience it and report their experiences.

Shakes head and walks away sadly...

peter123 likes this.
  4. Aero Dynamik
    Oops! So it's off is it? Let us know as soon as you can, please!

5. james444 Contributor

Don't worry, those whom I already offered a private loan will of course get to hear the Duke. Only thing I'm uncertain about is whether TPTB will approve a public tour.

6. Selenium

Oh snap I just sent my H1 and Rockets off for someone to play with. Don't report me. :rolleyes:

7. nmatheis Contributor

Already did, bro. Already did...
    :wink_face:

8. nmatheis Contributor
    Anyone in US who could send me some Ostry 100 and 200 tips ASAP? I'd love to try them with VE Duke, but shipping from China is going to take a loooong time...

Pretty please :)

9. mochill
    :sweat_smile: are you asking me indirectly bro:sunglasses:

10. nmatheis Contributor

I wasn't, but if you've got some I could try I wouldn't refuse :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11. nmatheis Contributor
    I've listened to Duke now through my iPhone, X5, and DX90 alone and with E12A, E12 DIY (w/OPA627), and Runabout. I've got to say I'm really digging the synergy with Runabout. I think Hisoundfi mentioned he was digging it, too. Is that right, my man?

I need to volume match Low and High Gain with my calibrated mic, as when volume matched by ear High Gain sounds better with Duke - need to make sure it's not just volume difference.

It feels like a bit of a throwback to use a 9-volt battery at first, but when you realize just how damn long one battery lasts it's not bad. Not bad at all. I've listened a lot, and RA's still going strong on battery number one. I've heard reports of it going 20-30 hours. Nice!

12. nmatheis Contributor
    You get Runabout yet mochill?

If not, you're in for a treat when you get it, my friend :L3000:

:vulcan:

13. mochill
    Will have it at Friday bro:smiley:

14. nmatheis Contributor
    Good stuff, mo!

15. mochill
    how cool:smile:

First

Back