1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM

First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last
  1. mochill
    come on bro I know you need these:grin:

2. waynes world

Like I said to Golov, I'm now an earbud convert!

Hopefully I'll get a chance to hear the Duke's though, and if they are half as good as you and others are saying (and the highs aren't problematic for me), then you never know - maybe I'll get swayed back to the dark side!

3. mochill
    The instant you insert these in your ears and press play you'll understand and will be blown away with realism that was never possible until now :scream:

4. nmatheis Contributor
    Took a walk today with the Duke, my iPhone + Calyx PaT, and some Mercyful Fate. Awesome!

I was even wearing my Mercyful Fate t-shirt, nerd that I am :wink:

\m/ \m/

5. ozkan

Are they really that good? No sibilance, peaky treble?

6. mochill
    No sibilance or peaks:grin:

7. Brooko Contributor
    There is definitely a peak in the sibilance range. I've measured it and I'm not the only one who has noticed it. My pair has imbalance so Lee is sending another. When that arrives, it should confirm whether it's just my pair with the peaks - or whether it's the default tuning.

8. nmatheis Contributor
    The Dukes are a quite vivid IEM, there's no getting around that. Sibilance can be an issue, especially with hot recordings. Cymbals really stand out in recordings. Tip selection and insertion depth can help with this if you have sensitivities.

I think I'm settling on the small black narrow bore triple flanges. To my ears, the narrow bore + deeper insertion help they allow bring out a bit more bass which balances out the upper end. Of course, YMMV.

What I will say is those of you looking for a smooth, laid-back listening experience need not apply. Duke get your attention!

9. Selenium
    Does anyone have these and the MacaW GT100s? That's also a vivid/clear/treble-y phone.

10. Hisoundfi Contributor
    Duke is a tad brighter than the silver filters on the Macaws

11. james444 Contributor

I second that (the bolded part). While the Ostry tips sound rather disappointing on some other IEMs I've tried them with, they're quite interesting on the Duke:

1. OS100 (blue): best clarity, reduced sibilance (vs. stock tips)
    2. OS200 (red): medium clarity, no sibilance
    3. OS300 (black): worst clarity, no sibilance

Obviously, OS300 are not recommended for the Duke. OS200 get rid of sibilance and retain pretty good clarity, they're probably the best choice for those who wear the Duke with a shallow seal. OS100 have the best clarity, however they only partly eliminate sibilance, so I'd say they're best suited for a deeper seal.

The optimum seems to be halfway between the OS100 and OS200, which can be achieved by stuffing a tiny amount of cotton wool into the OS100 before putting them on the Duke.

OSTRY-OS100-OS200-OS300-Original-Silicon-Eartips-Earmuffs-For-KC06-KC06A-Inner-Ear-Earphones.jpg_640x640.jpg

golov17 likes this.
  12. mochill
    Well I ordered the set of ostry tips :smiley:

13. Selenium

Hmmm now I want to try the Duke even more.

14. nmatheis Contributor
    Y'all getting the Ostry tips at Shenzhen Audio?

15. golov17
First

Back
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Next

Last