VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon
Jun 18, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #46 of 343
Any idea how well this compares to the Sony PHA-1 or HiFi M8, especially all of you who were at the spring Fujiya avic show? A new opportunity opened up for me and I have access to the PHA - 1 instead of preordering the Typhoon. Either one of those or waiting for the M8. :D

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #47 of 343
I don't believe it has been said yet, but I just spoke to the people at VentureCraft and they have confirmed that the max output is 120mW (32 Ohms) and not 80mW as previously suggested. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #50 of 343
Quote:
This baby just arrive at my door step.

Wow... the TT is even bigger than I thought!

I just realised, the typhoon doesn't have a battery indicator! :O

Jun 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #52 of 343
Just put in a pre-order for a Typhoon with a lightning connector.

Anyone have a firm idea on the battery life? If the 2200mah battery in the X lasts 7 hours can we expect 10-11 from the 3500mah in this?

Also, is there a rough idea on release time that narrows it down more than End/June~Mid/July, 2013?

Want my new toy now! 
beyersmile.png

Edit: just had this email from venturecraft stating shipping is scheduled for around July 15th.
Thank you so much for your SounDroid Typhoon pre-order with a pre-order
bonus gift No.5(Lightning to USB L-Shape Digital Short Cable + Gorilla
Grip(Adhesive Sheet) + The Band (Silicon Band: Regular) x2 + Wa Band
(Silicon Band: Slim) x2).

We surely will contact you again about the shipping information when it
will be ready around mid/July.
(At this moment, the releasing date will more likely be around July 15.)
We turly appreciate your generous waiting in this matter.

Edit again: I emailed & asked a few questions about shipping & battery life & received a reply about an hour later answering all my questions. That's great I'd you ask me.

I was told on a full charge & while not charging an iDevice we could expect over 10 hours of play time. Exactly what I was hoping for. Can't wait to receive this now.

Jun 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #53 of 343
I wonder if this has a battery indicator like the other Go-Daps. Seems like the 4 LEDs on the side have now become a sample rate indicator! 

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #55 of 343
VentureCraft just announced the release date for Typhoon. It's July 14.

Just in time for the Fujiya Portable show I assume. Otherwise, quite unusual to release on a Sunday & on an unfortunate number :wink:. I'm meeting up with VentureCraft tonight anyway and will ask them a little more.

Jul 3, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #56 of 343
Quote:

Just in time for the Fujiya Portable show I assume. Otherwise, quite unusual to release on a Sunday & on an unfortunate number :wink:. I'm meeting up with VentureCraft tonight anyway and will ask them a little more.

I think the same. They probably want to push it out before the potaken.

I ask them to ship the unit to me a day earlier, since I'll be in Tokyo on 14 and they agree to ship it a day early, so they can arrive on Saturday. 
size]

Jul 4, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #57 of 343
Quote:

Wait... 14 is unlucky? I thought 13 is unlucky! Let us know what you hear from them. :)

Jul 4, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #58 of 343
Wait... 14 is unlucky? I thought 13 is unlucky! Let us know what you hear from them. :)

Japan/China and some Asian countries, 14's unlucky (or anything with 4 really). I can't remember if it was Singapore or somewhere else where there's no 14th floor. Anyway I digress. I have actually heard the Typhoon already. In fact in their prototype there was an issue with distortion with high gain of which (I believe!) should have been rectified before mass production. On low gain, it works fine however comparing side-by-side with the TT, I have a personal preference for the TT as it has the Typhoon sounded a little thinner than the TT. However, I've not done side-by-side comparison between the X and the Typhoon. This was off my MH335DW CIEM and done about 3 weeks back. Naturally VentureCraft has been tweaking so I have no idea how much more the TT's improved since then.

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #59 of 343
Anyone that has received theres willing to share thoughts yet?

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #60 of 343
It's still in burning stage. With LME49860, it sound a bit thiner than my Go-Dap TT but switching to MUSES02 make it sing with fuller, warmer and thicker sound. I haven't compare it to my Go-Dap X yet. Will do it tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back