VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon
May 21, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #31 of 343
Quote:

Dedicate amp should be awesome but one thing that I like about X or Typhoon is the portability. It's easily fit in my pocket. DD + C5 is a bit too big for my jean. Need to put that in my sweatshirt pocket. I think the only concern to them for making dedicate amp is competition from other companies. There are many amps out their.

True but they know their DD socket 1 better than any other company and it should not be hard to design an amp that best suits their own gear. My only concern with SounDroid is the 10 ohm out put, honestly if they could reduce that and increase the power to 120mw there is no single unit out there right now that can challenge it. 

The only other gear that I can think of right now is CEntrance. 

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #35 of 343
I tried the Typhoon yesterday at Fujiya and on my MH335DW, there was some sort of high gain-like distortion. I did play around with the high/low gain switch but it didn't improve the situation. Also played around with upsampling switches too. There was only one unit so I couldn't tell if it was specific to that unit or not.

Jun 2, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #36 of 343
Quote:
I tried the Typhoon yesterday at Fujiya and on my MH335DW, there was some sort of high gain-like distortion. I did play around with the high/low gain switch but it didn't improve the situation. Also played around with upsampling switches too. There was only one unit so I couldn't tell if it was specific to that unit or not.

That's unfortunate... 
rolleyes.gif

Might have to write this one off due to the high OI.

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #38 of 343
Now you can order SounDroid Typhoon and Go-Dap TT from outside Japan. VentureCraft just update their english website.

http://venturecraft.jp/gadget_en/buy_paypal.php

With limited-time offer, Typhoon is actually cheaper then Verza.

Jun 6, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #41 of 343
It might be for MH335DW but after the bad taste left by AK100 I really cannot risk going with another high output impedance device. 

I love my DD socket 1, I am just waiting for the 627x to arrive and I will be happy for a long time. My only wish is down the track hopefully I can purchase the LE DD socket 1 OPA627 SM or maybe perhaps they might release the second year edition of DD socket 1.

Quote:
10Ω is perfect for my MH335DW. It suppress the bass and give a little touch to the treble.

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #42 of 343
Is there ANY way I can get this in Australia? Does their paypal preorder work for shipping to Oz?

If not, any one of you boys living in Japan (I know Currawong is an Aussie 
wink.gif
) want to ship it down for me? I'll gladly pay you for the troubles! 
biggrin.gif

At the current price cheaper than Verza, there's no better amp/dac combo available for the iDevices!

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #43 of 343
Quote:
Is there ANY way I can get this in Australia? Does their paypal preorder work for shipping to Oz?

If not, any one of you boys living in Japan (I know Currawong is an Aussie 
wink.gif
) want to ship it down for me? I'll gladly pay you for the troubles! 
biggrin.gif

At the current price cheaper than Verza, there's no better amp/dac combo available for the iDevices!

Yes, paypal preorder is for international customer.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #44 of 343
Quote:
Yes, paypal preorder is for international customer.

Sweet! I always thought that V-Moda bought out the rights for international distribution of re-branded venturecraft stuff. If you are certain, then imma place a preorder soonish (once I work out my funds are in order haha)!

Sadly the OI is still 10 Ohms, if it was not I would have bought this even if I had to borrow money again!

As far as OI goes, Fostex HP-P1 is at 10 Ohms, Vamp Verza is at 10 Ohms, Sony PHA-1 is unknown but from what people say sounds to be around 10 Ohms.... So looks like most amp/dacs for iDevices are at 10 Ohms. The only exception I can think of is the upcoming Centrance HiFi M8 which offers the ability to toggle between 1, 2 and (you guessed it) 10 Ohms. I am not too fussed about the OI of the typhoon. Besides, 1/8 rule isn't necessarily a concrete rule. 
wink.gif

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #45 of 343
That is true but I have a not so positive experience with high output impedance and been a head-fi'er with the dominate part of my gear been low impedance IEM I cannot really risk it again.

But again I am enjoying the DD socket 1 amped with O2 alot. Waiting for 627x to arrive and be happy for a long time. My only regret is missing out on the LE OPA627SM due to money issue. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back