Velour vs. Leather for earpads..
Aug 14, 2006 at 10:55 AM Post #46 of 73
Since i never had nothing else than pleather and grado sandpaper, i wrote velour cause i have a velour velour vest and i like her a lot...yeah pretty bad argument
biggrin.gif

BTW for those who have a pair of real leather pads, do you think it might be worth a try to pass from pleather to good leather with my K81DJ. Cause i know a leather shop who can give me good price for a job like this.

If so i might get it done and give you my impression afterall.

Sep 2, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #48 of 73
wicked good leather feels nice...but it does get sweaty and stuff, so i have to go with velour. nothing feels better than velour on the 880's :]

Sep 3, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #54 of 73
Pleather or leather over velour as well, velour last a lot less, and tends to get dirty easily, and the cleaning is a pain in the arse. I ruined two of the Senns HD600 pads trying to wash them, sorry but I'm obsessed with the cleaning and those do not support my stress...On pleather/leather you just get a wet cloth, Purell, and bingo...now I'm trying again velour on the PROlines, with al ot more care, but they offer a couple as spare, and I got an extra couple, so for now I'm done in case of dirt anyway...

Just a simple math in my case, HD600 pads lasted for three months, OTOH the CD3000 pads lasted for 5 years...

BTW about the animal skin argument, animals were created by God to serve a purpose, and us the humans...what else can a goat do, other that give us the skin and milk, just create more goats???
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 3, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #55 of 73
velour. soft, fuzzy, soft. not quite as classy as leather, but still softer
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 3, 2006 at 5:35 AM Post #56 of 73
Like many here, I love the plush feel of good velours - especially the K701 and DT880 variety; the AD2000's velours, though, are less than plush, even with extra padding.

However, I prefer the look of leather. I just don't care for it on my ears.

Sep 3, 2006 at 5:42 AM Post #57 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by mykol
leather = animal SKIN

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesaurus.reference.com
Main Entry: flesh
Part of Speech: noun 1
Definition: tissue
Synonyms: beef, body, brawn, cells, corpuscles, fat, fatness, food, meat, muscle, plasm, plasma, protoplasm, skin, weight

Take that poopypants.

Sep 3, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #58 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Purgatos
Take that poopypants.

If you really want to get technical, "skin" is under synonyms and you looked at a thesaurus, not dictionary.
Quote:

Originally Posted by dictionary.com
leath‧er  /ˈlɛðər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[leth-er] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.the skin of an animal, with the hair removed, prepared for use by tanning or a similar process designed to preserve it against decay and make it pliable or supple when dry.

Take that, treehugger. And, please take your soapbox elsewhere.

Sep 3, 2006 at 8:23 AM Post #60 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Pleather or leather over velour as well, velour last a lot less, and tends to get dirty easily, and the cleaning is a pain in the arse. I ruined two of the Senns HD600 pads trying to wash them, sorry but I'm obsessed with the cleaning and those do not support my stress...On pleather/leather you just get a wet cloth, Purell, and bingo...now I'm trying again velour on the PROlines, with al ot more care, but they offer a couple as spare, and I got an extra couple, so for now I'm done in case of dirt anyway...

Just a simple math in my case, HD600 pads lasted for three months, OTOH the CD3000 pads lasted for 5 years...

BTW about the animal skin argument, animals were created by God to serve a purpose, and us the humans...what else can a goat do, other that give us the skin and milk, just create more goats???
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

CD3000 is pleather iirc and I didn't like it as it got sticky really easily compared to velour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back