I view it this way:

Good velour
Leather

crappy velour

good pleather
foam

most pleather.

Aug 14, 2006 at 5:16 AM Post #33 of 73
Never tried leather but I do have velour pads on my HD 25-1. Sensually comfortable.

Aug 14, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #34 of 73
Velour disappears for the first 3hrs, then I get itchy. And it gathers dust/lint something aweful.

Leather disappears after half an hour and is (at least) lint free.

It is leather for me.

[edit]BTW, I expect velour to win simply because of the higher velour to leather headphone ratio, also pleather does not equate leather.

Aug 14, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #35 of 73
That's an easy one. Velour. I've never come across a leather ear pad that has'nt made my ears hot after hours of listening.

If it was socially acceptable, I would drape myself in velour. ^_^

Aug 14, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #36 of 73
I can only compare velour to pleather and in that comparison there is no contest, velour wins in a landslide. I have a feeling, however, that real leather would easily top them both.

Aug 14, 2006 at 7:52 AM Post #39 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by JayJayz
would it be worth ordering some leather pads from beyer?

about $30us for 2 pads.

how would i install them though?

It would probably depend on what you like more, as it seems that most of the opinions here are very personal from user to user. Have you even decided on the Beyers yet?
confused.gif

Aug 14, 2006 at 8:06 AM Post #40 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by flamerz
It would probably depend on what you like more, as it seems that most of the opinions here are very personal from user to user. Have you even decided on the Beyers yet?
confused.gif

YES ! i will be travelling to the darkside
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

k1000smile.gif

Aug 14, 2006 at 9:03 AM Post #42 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by JayJayz
YES ! i will be travelling to the darkside
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

k1000smile.gif

Well in that case, go for it. That's just another $30 out of the hundreds you'll be spending
tongue.gif
. You'll figure out your preference, and most likely, if you prefer leatehr, you'll use your spare velour set for when it gets really hot. If you prefer the velour, you could easily sell the leather pads on these forums. You're already upgrading, so why not take it all the way? I think I remember you saying you're buying the wooden splitter and termination, so I'm sure you'd be willing to spend on the pads.

Aug 14, 2006 at 9:43 AM Post #45 of 73
If I had leather pads I'd rather use those, I don't like velour. Pleather is comfortable, but sweats too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back