VE Monk IE Biggie and Smalls - Discussion and Impressions
Nov 29, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #97 of 188
I can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet. Already applied for the 60 USD price. Hope Mr. Lee approves it. Really curious about how 80 Ohms iems will sound on my gear.
He threw in a pair of Monks earbuds also! You can't have too many of those.

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #98 of 188
I can't believe I haven't seen this thread yet. Already applied for the 60 USD price. Hope Mr. Lee approves it. Really curious about how 80 Ohms iems will sound on my gear.
He threw in a pair of Monks earbuds also! You can't have too many of those.

it's not even just any pair of Monks....it's the Monks Espresso!!!

Nov 29, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #99 of 188
My Biggies and Smalls are arriving tomorrow after a grueling 17-day wait. It's Christmas morning a month early and the mailman is Santa.

Dec 3, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #100 of 188
So USPS really screwed me. Package has been forwarded twice and hasn't arrived. Went to the local Post Office Friday, sent a customer support email to try to straighten this out. The lady at at the post office suggested it was my fault for ordering a product from China, lol. Hopefully delivery tomorrow? I'm hanging by a thread waiting for the arrival of these babies.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #101 of 188
I finally received mine today. I'm at work, so no time for proper tip rolling and audition. Gave them a very quick listen - both have potential, but at first listen both sound quite veiled and dark. Bass is good though - tight and hard hitting, The treble is rolled-off on both. I\ll be burning these in and do some extensive tip and maybe cable rolling before I pass any definitive judgment

Dec 5, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #102 of 188
IMG_20171205_143825.jpg
Ok, took out the bigger guns from the bag. Apparently none of the included tips give me a good fit paired with good sound, so right now slapped the long hifiman single flangles - much better. So far seems you need a wider bore and maybe a touch thinner silicone for them to open up. I'll venture a guess that these will be mighty warm and bassy with foam tips, so far I'm leaning towards the Smalls

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #103 of 188
I wish VE will turn Asura 2.0 into IEM... but rather something in shape of my NUN-mod with nozzle out of driver centre (helps to bring out punch and tightness btw) for better fit (for me at least).

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #104 of 188
Well, I left the mobkies hime but was away for few days.Hipefully I'll heget to spend proper time with them thus weekend. And burn them in. Bass-wise they are killer - super toght and hard hitting. The only iems handling this good such amount of bass inthe price range is the xduoo ep1. I am impressed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back