VE Monk IE Biggie and Smalls - Discussion and Impressions
Dec 8, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #106 of 188
Well, I left the mobkies hime but was away for few days.Hipefully I'll heget to spend proper time with them thus weekend. And burn them in. Bass-wise they are killer - super toght and hard hitting. The only iems handling this good such amount of bass inthe price range is the xduoo ep1. I am impressed

Turn off spell check?

Dec 9, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #108 of 188
Dec 9, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #109 of 188
You don't have enough time or posts to do things like sell or create a showcase item yet :)

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #110 of 188
lol I never use spell check. That's just the standard combo of being very drunk and typing with one hand while trying to smoke and drink at the same time

Perfectly acceptable reasons.

Dec 9, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #111 of 188
I'd really like to get in on this one.
I've not bought anything from him before and can't because I only like iem's and the Dukes are more than I can afford.
I've tried to buy them.
I'm not on Facebook and Head-Fi is enough of a cult for me without joining another.
Emailed a couple of times and grovelled on the order form but my inly chance really is if some gullible fool shared a gear code with me.

Please?

Chas

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #113 of 188
I got my pairs a few days ago and I've noticed both the smalls and especially the biggie are lacking treble and upper mids. The treble is even more veiled than my HD650s. I'm just using the original tips that were on them in the package (they seems to fit the best for me). Is anyone else experiencing this?

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #114 of 188
Yes. Burn-in helps a little, but rolled-off treble is present with both of them, unfortunately. Tempted to remove a screen and see if there's any dampening material that can be removed. It's a shame considering the profile makes these incredibly comfortable.

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #115 of 188
There are a bunch of tips packed with them though, and from what i've read on the Facebook page from early adopters is that that the best tips can vary a lot from person to person. Some prefer the white ones.

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #116 of 188
lol I never use spell check. That's just the standard combo of being very drunk and typing with one hand while trying to smoke and drink at the same time

Master multi-tasker. Impressive lol!

Dec 22, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #117 of 188
I got my pairs a few days ago and I've noticed both the smalls and especially the biggie are lacking treble and upper mids. The treble is even more veiled than my HD650s. I'm just using the original tips that were on them in the package (they seems to fit the best for me). Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes they are a bit more rolled off in the Biggie than in the Smalls. Smalls is tuned for a pleasant listening, but on very complex tracks they get clumsy in sound reproduction.

Yes. Burn-in helps a little, but rolled-off treble is present with both of them, unfortunately. Tempted to remove a screen and see if there's any dampening material that can be removed. It's a shame considering the profile makes these incredibly comfortable.

Would love to see if there's a mod that works. The Biggie has a great airy soundstage that feels like you are listening to much bigger drivers, but they are too warm and the treble is rolled off very early. A bit more sparkle would do wonders on them

Feb 14, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #119 of 188
Well.....Short hibiki and tinaudio T2 are better than veclan monk ie biggie and smalls...

Veclan tuned them like 1970's headphones used to be.. flat dynamic....Nowadays flat is for BA driver as dynamic tends to decay even if you make it perfect. So it sounds cloudy, hazy.....Well one good thing is that they sound good....Soundstage is well done ....So thumbs up

TinAudio T2 does everything better than the soundstage..

Hibiki kills veclan monks ie

And now comes legend

Shozy hibiki special edition purple wood

These cost 130usd.

Well whole tuning is matured, drivers are advanced .....

Imagine ve monk ie biggie with extended high treble and ultra high treble(airy), with a extremely fast PRaT...Pace, rhythm and timing. Near to BA. And good texured and decay sub bass.

Tin audio T2 are have quick sub bass which only gives texture but not weight.

Ve monk IEM biggie sounds good, but please make PRaT better and frequency a more extended.

Smalls are having more low treble or high mids, so don't get fooled by extended treble...

But smalls do very good job.

Plus smalls and biggie both comes under 60$.....So if I take single one's price to be 30usd.....They seriously throw 30$ completion in outer space, so they cannot ever come again.

Even 50$ don't make a mark..Only few IEM like T2 and shozy are up there......

My advice to veclan and Lee would be .....Increase PRaT, extreme end extension, like true response below 20hz and above 20khz...

And yup, increase magnetic strength of driver....It's a trend for dynamic guys to catch up BA.

Something above 1 tesla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back