Vali 2 tube rolling
Oct 3, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #631 of 6,436
Here's my favorite tube at the moment. Ken Rad Black Glass 6SN7GT:)

Unfortunatly it's a bit Microphonic, but the dampers helps a lot for occational bumps to me workdesk.

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #632 of 6,436
Just got my Vali 2 this past Friday. Came with the 6BZ7/6BQ7A CANADA tube. Loving it so far but what is another good tube to go with? I listen to a lotta classic rock and some of those 70s recordings where the S's weren't properly eq'd are super fatiguing on the ears. Same with organ rock like ELP and Purple.

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #633 of 6,436
I'm just got a Voskhod "rocket" 6h23n and it's my new favorite tube for the Vali. Good quantity of tight bass and present mids. I primarily have darker headphones so not much makes my setup overly bright or sparkly but I feel like they're pretty well balanced in terms of warmth and a touch of tubey-ness vs detail.  I actually got two for $10 each (s/h included)  so if you can find one, I think it's a good buy. 

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #634 of 6,436
I'm just got a Voskhod "rocket" 6h23n and it's my new favorite tube for the Vali. Good quantity of tight bass and present mids. I primarily have darker headphones so not much makes my setup overly bright or sparkly but I feel like they're pretty well balanced in terms of warmth and a touch of tubey-ness vs detail.  I actually got two for $10 each (s/h included)  so if you can find one, I think it's a good buy. 

I'm using Grado Sr-80i's so there's plenty of highs on my cans. They're easily driven and seem sensitive to the highs.

Oct 5, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #637 of 6,436
Using Big Schiit stack to break in Ether Flows so decided to try Ether C's damn the little Schiit Vali 2/ Modi Multibite stack just rocks!!!

Oct 6, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #639 of 6,436
Just got a new Schiit Vali 2 today, thinking of trying a golden lion tube for it, i want soundstage and quality bass... so if anyone know any tube that does that for vali 2 just PM me or post here, thanks

Oct 6, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #640 of 6,436
  Just got a new Schiit Vali 2 today, thinking of trying a golden lion tube for it, i want soundstage and quality bass... so if anyone know any tube that does that for vali 2 just PM me or post here, thanks

I have exactly that tube, and it does have a nice bottom end. Treble is a bit rolled off but not too much. Soundstage and imaging are pretty good as well. On some well-mastered orchestral recordings, I can easily place where the different instrument sections are placed in the soundscape, particularly strings and percussion. 

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #642 of 6,436
Oct 6, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #643 of 6,436
I have exactly that tube, and it does have a nice bottom end. Treble is a bit rolled off but not too much. Soundstage and imaging are pretty good as well. On some well-mastered orchestral recordings, I can easily place where the different instrument sections are placed in the soundscape, particularly strings and percussion. 

That sounds just like what I'm looking for. Where do you find the golden lion tube and what size is it?

Oct 6, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #645 of 6,436
That sounds just like what I'm looking for. Where do you find the golden lion tube and what size is it?

I got mine from Upscale Audio but you could also do Tube Depot. It took me a little while to get mine because UA was in the middle of moving to a bigger location or something like that, and maybe they still are. But anyway, just for giggles I also got mine cryogenically treated. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back