Vali 2 tube rolling
Feb 10, 2024 at 8:30 PM Post #6,436 of 6,436
I love my AKG K612 Pro, it produces wonderfully detailed, spacious sound but after trying out different amps, I cannot help but resign to the fact that I cannot use it for other than some chamber music or acoustic guitar tracks, which I only have a couple of. So I very rarely use it.

The Vali is supposed to provide lots of power. Alas, it seems not enough for the AKG.

P.S. The Heed CanAmp is said to drive AKG 7xx with some good results in the bass department and although it is manufactured in my country, it is too expensive for me to pair it with my K612.
Ironically, I tend to listen to a lot of acoustic music that is vocal centric, and the K612 Pro is perfect for most of that music. My HE-X4's really seem to suck out the mids in that kind of music, making me thankful that I own both. If the bass in your music is natural and not some synthesized tone below an instrument, the K612 Pro is fine. As I don't listen to any of the artificial bass music my kids love so much, they work brilliantly for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back