V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Aug 23, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #931 of 1,343
Quote:
I'm in the UK, so sending it back to the US is a pain in the...

Besides, a little surface mount work doesn't scare me... too much!
eek.gif
  Actually, it's not too bad in there.  The board comes completely clear of the chassis so you can get to everything very easily. 

I'll grab the torx size tonight when I'm home.  FWIW, it's the same size as the wrench provided with the Metallo case. 

Has anyone posted pictures of the internals?  If not, I'm happy to pop it open again and put some pictures up, if there is interest.

I don't have a Metallo case, hence no driver :frowning2:.  But please take pics for us, and is it possible to switch opamp like the other VC stuff?

Aug 23, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #933 of 1,343
So here is a quick look inside the Verza!

Turns out I was very wrong, the wrench that comes with the Metallo case is not the same as what is needed to open the Verza, I just assumed it was... sorry.

You'll need a T6 torx. 

The volume knob needs to be removed before you can pull the cover and PCB out of the chassis.

The battery is a quick disconnect.

2200mAh battery - I do wonder if there is higher capacity battery that will fit in here.

Sorry guys, no op amp swaps here without some surface mount skills!

Here is the USB mount that had me looking under the hood in the first place.

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #937 of 1,343
Here are the inside of different VentureCraft models.
Go-Dap TT

DD Socket 1 and DD Socket 1 LE

Go-Dap X

SounDroid Typhoon

It's pretty much the same design from Go-Dap X up to Go-Dap TT but completely different in Typhoon.

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #938 of 1,343
Off topic: you can just unplug the opamp in the SDT and swap it right?

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #940 of 1,343
Quote:
Yes, my SDT come with extra MUSES02. I just pull LME49860 out and put MUSES02 in.

Nice, and how did that happened?  VC is only selling the OPA627AU for $150...

Aug 24, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #943 of 1,343
shipsupt,

Wow, looks like the Verza and Go-DAP X do rather different designs. I guess a 6 layer board gives larger routing possibilities vs 2 layers. Same (mostly) IC's but just different layout :-
Quote:
So here is a quick look inside the Verza!

[snip!]

Sorry guys, no op amp swaps here without some surface mount skills!

Verza

Go-DAP X

Verza

[snip!]

Verza

Go-DAP X

Verza

Go-DAP X

Verza (OPA1612 OpAmps on the left)

Go-DAP X (LME49860)

[snip!]

Aug 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #944 of 1,343
I like the sound signiqure of the vamp but its too big! if i eq using a spectrum analyzer to make it exact, is it possible to make my IFUZEN amp sound exactley like it, if I EQ it right? Or is there more to its sound then just the EQ?

Aug 27, 2013 at 6:17 AM Post #945 of 1,343

Users who are viewing this thread

Back