V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Aug 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM Post #902 of 1,343
Quote:
For the CLAS, Hifi-m8 and dacport to work with Android devices the USB Audio Recorder Pro app is needed/required.
(with OTG cable).

Have the Verza/Android users been trying using this app?

Quote:
Also tried. will not work.

I'm wondering if you have tested the Galaxy S4 using USB Audio Recorder PRO connected to the Verza via a USB OTG cable.

If it doesn't work, please inform the developer of USB Audio Recorder PRO. He could fix the issue.

If you want, I can have a look what the issue is.
Please start USB Audio Recorder PRO, go to the Prefs tab, select Logging and then Log to file. Exit the app. Go into Android settings, Apps, select USB Audio Recorder PRO and Force Close the app. Start USB Audio Recorder PRO again and take note of what it says exactly. Let me know what it said and please email me the log file called USBAudioLog.txt in the root of your sdcard. Please email to info AT audio-evolution.com.

Also note if your DAC gets powered up when connecting. Is there a light or something that should be active when you connect it (without audio data)? You could check when connecting to your PC for example.

Aug 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #905 of 1,343
On the low impedance dealio with IEMs and specifically the JHAudio 13s, I have emailed customer service to see what the capability of the Vamp is to be re-flashed with a new firmware that allows the bass-boost EQ to be specifically tuned to counter the bass dropout that Tyll over at Innerfidelity pointed out.

I certainly notice the bass is weak on my IEMs, and notice its too over the top and muddies the mids when the "bass boost" is turned on.

If they were committed to tweak the EQ to compensate for the impedance issues I would be pretty happy.. but without it I am wondering if I should be looking at other DACs for my iPhone and take advantage of the 60 day satisfaction deal.

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #906 of 1,343
Quote:
On the low impedance dealio with IEMs and specifically the JHAudio 13s, I have emailed customer service to see what the capability of the Vamp is to be re-flashed with a new firmware that allows the bass-boost EQ to be specifically tuned to counter the bass dropout that Tyll over at Innerfidelity pointed out.

I certainly notice the bass is weak on my IEMs, and notice its too over the top and muddies the mids when the "bass boost" is turned on.

If they were committed to tweak the EQ to compensate for the impedance issues I would be pretty happy.. but without it I am wondering if I should be looking at other DACs for my iPhone and take advantage of the 60 day satisfaction deal.

It may be your IEMs since Verza brings out the low end to my ears compared to other portable amps I have used.

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #908 of 1,343
I did some looking and this is the lowest impedance version of the Go-Dap. I think if VModa can get the firmware to update the bass boost signature we'd (those of us with IEMs that exhibit this rolloff) be OK. Right now its a little too aggressive for me.

This *is* V1.0 after all....

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #909 of 1,343
Quote:
Does it bring out the low end on your IEM's, or just your M-100?  The criticism was related to the reaction of (typically low impedance)IEM's to the low output impedance.  

My B&W C5s are bassy with any input, so it is hard to tell, but Verza has a similar impact with my Sig DJ as with my M-100.

Also, my understanding of the JH13 is that the bass presentation is fairly neutral.  The JH16 might pair better with Verza, but that is just a thought as I have not listened to either and going by reviews.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #910 of 1,343
Yeah... this crazy addiction :)
On my wife's B&W C5s its pretty good, "flat" across the spectrum.
When I plug in the JHA13s I see a big improvement, but its improved on mids and highs mostly...not so much on the bass. :-/
So relatively speaking the Verza can't bring out the bass of the JHA13s.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #911 of 1,343
Quote:
Yeah... this crazy addiction :)
On my wife's B&W C5s its pretty good, "flat" across the spectrum.
When I plug in the JHA13s I see a big improvement, but its improved on mids and highs mostly...not so much on the bass. :-/
So relatively speaking the Verza can't bring out the bass of the JHA13s.

Do you have other amps that do bring out the bass of the JH13?  They might just not inherently produce deep, powerful bass.

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #912 of 1,343
Remember too that the BWC5 is not an armature IEM, but a dynamic driver - it has a diaphragm that delivers all frequencies, so the criticism against the VV and armature drivers with crossovers completely does not apply to the C5s :)

Aug 19, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #914 of 1,343
My Tuono finally made its way over to the UK.  It's a very nice little cable, well done Val.
Quote:
http://v-moda.com/tuono-lightning-cable/

It is very short... and official by Apple MFI... it has taken a long time to make it pass the tests, but this is legit and the most compact in the market today.

Enjoy it... (while they last).

FYI - Tuono means "thunder" in Italiano

-V

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #915 of 1,343
I am wondering where the info was retrieved that the Vmoda Verza had a 10 ohm out impedance? I have been researching and it seems that has a lot to do with the damping factor. Did someone emasure the output impedance because I can not find a spec sheet. Or did i miss something in this thread. I know on inner fidelity tyll says to use 80 ohm headphones for this device for best results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back