V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Mar 13, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #46 of 1,343
I can't decide between Centrance M8 or Verza (power vs. portability).  Centrance M8 is almost overkill, but Versa is underpowered for the price.  However, fantastic concept with Metallo.  Also, no lightining adapter for $598?  It should at least be included with the Iphone 5 Metallo and I don't even see it as an optional product yet.  It is too important of an accessory to not offer at launch.
I think it is the line out adapter in itself when you plug the verza in.

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #49 of 1,343
My assumption is that it's simply easier to design two separate signal paths for iOS and USB/Android and then sandwich it onto a single thick PCB. If you notice, the power output is different for iOS and USB mode, meaning that they take different output routes as well, so these two circuits are separate from input to output. So, yes, it's likely there will be a slightly different sound signature between iOS and USB.

So from your assumption, which do you think higher output? Usb or 30pin/LG ?

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #50 of 1,343
Quote:
Congrats on your release.
It looks like a good product.

As expected though it is the Venturecraft Go-Dap X repackaged and retweaked , no surprises there...so why all the subterfuge?
I guess a product unveiling is good marketing practice.

Will this product be good for IEMs. It is well known the standard the Go-Dap X has a headphone output of 47ohms, although you can upon special request get that lowered (to a still high) 10ohms.
What is the headphone output impedance on the Verza?

Also i am wondering what DAC is it using, and what Op Amp?

So what are main differences between the Go-DapX and Verza? I can see the Verza has more power, what else?

Thank you for you time.

I also have the same question I've been looking for a new DAC/AMP and just saw this now , the fact that i can use it with my Note 2 made it my front runner now can wait to try it out

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #53 of 1,343
I realized this is a tweaked Go-DAP X, but still, I've got to say: this is why this community NEEDS V-Moda. We need somebody who puts a significant amount of time thinking through the ins and outs of their target customers' use cases and building products that think of damn near everything. We need products that make outstanding sound easy, accessible (-ish, price wise), and sharp looking. As much as I love my T5p, I wish they'd had a quarter of the foresight and ergonomic understanding that V-Moda has. 

I'll be interested to see how this ends up sounding. Time to bring on the reviews :wink:

Disclosure: the only V-Moda product I currently own is the Faders for concerts, but I've bought two M80 as gifts and audtioned a Crossfade LP2. 

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #54 of 1,343
how long for ipod touch?

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #55 of 1,343
I realized this is a tweaked Go-DAP X, but still, I've got to say: this is why this community NEEDS V-Moda. We need somebody who puts a significant amount of time thinking through the ins and outs of their target customers' use cases and building products that think of damn near everything. We need products that make outstanding sound easy, accessible (-ish, price wise), and sharp looking. As much as I love my T5p, I wish they'd had a quarter of the foresight and ergonomic understanding that V-Moda has. 

I'll be interested to see how this ends up sounding. Time to bring on the reviews :wink:

Disclosure: the only V-Moda product I currently own is the Faders for concerts, but I've bought two M80 as gifts and audtioned a Crossfade LP2. 

I'm not sure if tweaked is the right word cos this is actually quite unlike the Go-DAP 4.0/VAmp. Although some components may be shared but a whole new 6 layer board design is used in the Verza instead.

I hope I'm not saying anything wrong here but I see this as Go-DAP X-inspired but V-Moda spec-ed.

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #56 of 1,343
Quote:

It does certainly look like Go-DAP X (which im also interested in) but this thing came out and looks like we have a new contender can wait for the comparison over the Go-DAPX , Fostex HP-P1 and CLAS + Amp 

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #57 of 1,343
Quote:
I'm not sure if tweaked is the right word cos this is actually quite unlike the Go-DAP 4.0/VAmp. Although some components may be shared but a whole new 6 layer board design is used in the Verza instead.

I hope I'm not saying anything wrong here but I see this as Go-DAP X-inspired but V-Moda spec-ed.

I would say that Verza is a custom made DAC/Amp based on Go-Dap X especially designed for V-Moda. Since it say made in japan, I guess that VentureCraft is still the one who actually make them.

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #58 of 1,343
Quote:

I should mention that I based that almost solely on the appearance-- I have absolutely no electrical engineering background whatsoever. If I was in error, I apologize and withdraw my comment. 

Still interested in hearing what this bad boy can do... I've been on a bit of a portable Android-compatible DAC/amp buying craze recently, and have 4 (Leckerton UHA.6S Mk.II, Apex Glacier, iBasso D-Zero, and Meier PCSTEP) on the way as we speak. The last thing I need is another one, but still... This thing is sexy!!

Mar 13, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #60 of 1,343
Quote:
It does certainly look like Go-DAP X (which im also interested in) but this thing came out and looks like we have a new contender can wait for the comparison over the Go-DAPX , Fostex HP-P1 and CLAS + Amp 

ADL Furutech X1 is another contender.  

I was really excited for this when reading it, mostly because I expected it to cost maybe $150, but $600 plus $100 for a phone case!?

You won't be able to find any DAC/Amp that work with iDevice in that price range. As someone already mention before that Apple license fee is very expensive. For all the DAC/Amp out their that work with iDevice (HP-P1, Go-Dap X, PHA-1, Verza, Furutech X1, and HiFi-M8), Go-Dap X is the cheapest one but still about 400+ USD. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back