V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #301 of 925
Seriously dude? I explained why I wasn't able to fully review the SQ in my post, unless you didn't read it and immediately jumped to criticizing it, which wouldn't surprise me this being the internet and all. I need to burn them in and wear them around a little before I can really go into detail on the SQ. 

Take your time. Enjoy the ride,...we can wait till your ready.:cool:

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #302 of 925
Quote:
Ok, you complain about people's attitudes and critiquing the device you don't even possess yet BUT came into this thread spewing criticisms and attitude. The person you responded to was giving an information update.

Is it ok for you to be obnoxious to all you respond to? Really, if you didn't have something positive to say about it why quote it,...to belittle and smack the person down?! I personally LIKED seeing the extra pictures. We'll get a sq review when it comes. Deal with it,...
mad.gif

Chill out dude. The sound quality review is taking forever and I'm getting impatient. We already have a lot of pictures of the M-100s, and even if we didn't they're almost a complete clone of the Crossfade LP/LP2. Yeah, we get it, they're gorgeous. This has been established. We don't need more and more restatements of that. 

Quote:
I want some of whatever you're smoking. Those look like cheap Beyer T1s that Rosie O'Donnell sat on. With awful pads.

No. Just... no.

These headphones are extremely striking. I've turned more heads than I can count when wearing these, and I've even had a couple of people turn around and ask me about them.

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #303 of 925
Chill out dude. The sound quality review is taking forever and I'm getting impatient. We already have a lot of pictures of the M-100s, and even if we didn't they're almost a complete clone of the Crossfade LP/LP2. Yeah, we get it, they're gorgeous. This has been established. We don't need more and more restatements of that. 

No. Just... no.

These headphones are extremely striking. I've turned more heads than I can count when wearing these, and I've even had a couple of people turn around and ask me about them.

I concur. They do look pretty nice; Stax SR-007-esque

But yeah, patience guys, patience. I'm anticipating some quality reviews will start rolling out in the next few days.

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #304 of 925

So, from what I and others are seeing, you like to criticize and throw your opinion around, but attack if someone doesn't see eye-to-eye with you.

Learn to be more civil and less opinionated. Your really coming off as an azzmonkey.

I do mess with people, but it's in jest. I do it all the time,...but I joke.

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #305 of 925
Quote:
So, from what I and others are seeing, you like to criticize and throw your opinion around, but attack if someone doesn't see eye-to-eye with you.

Learn to be more civil and less opinionated. Your really coming off as an azzmonkey.

I do mess with people, but it's in jest. I do it all the time,...but I joke.

I always mess with people. My mood determines whether or not it's a joke. Generally it's a joke, but occasionally I'm just being a dick.

It's a personality flaw, admittedly.

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #306 of 925
Quote:
2592x1944, 72 dpi. sorry my cell phone takes some pretty crappy pictures

lol i meant the ones you sent in to v-moda to put on shields

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #307 of 925
Quote:
I concur. They do look pretty nice; Stax SR-007-esque

Gotta love Stax. Another gorgeous headphone is the Sansui SS-100:

God, why cant we have these kinds of headphones today...

Though I do love the look of V-MODA's products too. Hopefully the M-100 will give me a good reason to get one (other than looks).

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #308 of 925

These headphones are extremely striking.

I agree, you probably could strike someone with them, especially if you threw the pancake-flat ear cup like a frisbee. I imagine it would fly pretty far.

On a side note, why do they have pleather supra-aural pads like that when they're so large?

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #310 of 925
Quote:
Seriously dude? I explained why I wasn't able to fully review the SQ in my post, unless you didn't read it and immediately jumped to criticizing it, which wouldn't surprise me this being the internet and all. I need to burn them in and wear them around a little before I can really go into detail on the SQ. 

I don't believe in burn-in, so I consider that less of an explanation and more of an excuse. I don't mean to pick a fight. I'm just saying.

And really, the first thing I do when I put on a new headphone is start comparing it to my other sets. I put together a medium-length 'first impressions' type of review. Then as I continue listening I form a second opinion and append it to the first impressions. This usually creates a nice, in-depth review that is neither too long nor too short. I post the first impressions, first of course, then I post the finalized later. I find this method to work quite well. And honestly, I'm far too excited when I get a new headphone to wait for the burn-in. 

Plus, most of the time it's a vintage (used) headphone that I'm reviewing and burn-in wouldn't matter. The forming a second opinion part is what I believe people think is burn-in. It's basically your ears adjusting to the sound, which is why it happens with both used and new headphones. At least, it has in my case.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #311 of 925
Quote:
These headphones are extremely striking.

I agree, you probably could strike someone with them, especially if you threw the pancake-flat ear cup like a frisbee. I imagine it would fly pretty far.

On a side note, why do they have pleather supra-aural pads like that when they're so large?

They're flat because they use a planar driver. They're not very heavy though, so they don't make for a good blunt-force weapon. I'd suggest an LCD-2 or the all-metal DT1350 for this purpose.

As the PvDF film gets farther away from the ear, the sound becomes tinny. It sounds best with these as close to your ears as possible. Hence the supra-aural pads.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #312 of 925
Quote:
And really, the first thing I do when I put on a new headphone is start comparing it to my other sets. I put together a medium-length 'first impressions' type of review. Then as I continue listening I form a second opinion and append it to the first impressions. This usually creates a nice, in-depth review that is neither too long nor too short. I post the first impressions, first of course, then I post the finalized later. I find this method to work quite well. And honestly, I'm far too excited when I get a new headphone to wait for the burn-in. 

So... maybe you can point us to your reviews so that current M100 owners can take a few pointers and do it just like you... (please provide links...)

Thanks.

Oct 10, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #313 of 925
You said in one of your reviews of the SE-700 that:

Many have touted this to be the most beautiful headphone ever made, and I agree.

Wouldn't you consider this an exaggeration?

You might think I'm just nitpicking here, but I'm qualifying your taste. More specifically, whether your taste is relevant to the aesthetics that most of the rest of us appreciate, for the same reason why you wouldn't hire Roger Ebert to do video game reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back