V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #331 of 925
Quote:
Does anyone know if this is a 4 wire cable (if I wanted to reterminate to balanced)?

No. The detachable 3.5mm makes it impossible to be wired for balanced, unless it's modified. Which is very unlikely as this is a mainstream can we're talking about and no average user will have a clue what balanced even is.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #332 of 925
Thanks Craigster for the fine and concise review. The boom mic must fit very nicely between those nasty teeth. 
atsmile.gif

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #333 of 925
I am usually camera shy, but thought I would be brave and show off my new M-100.  Isolation is good considering the dreds.

Seriously though, first impressions out of the box:

• One of the best sounding headphones I ever heard in my semi-limited experience
  • Midrange resolution and detail is fantastic
  • High end resolution and extension is even better than I imagined.  There is sparkle with no hint of sibilance, just beautiful, smooth, clear, detailed highs
  • Bass has superb tightness and punch; bassheads that want the biggest, deepest bass ever will be disappointed; music enthusiasts who appreciate beautifully presented impactful bass that complements detailed mids and smooth extended highs will love the bass;  bass is noticeably enhanced with amping Versa anyone??
  • Build quality is fantastic.  M-100 is more compact than I thought, very solid, design is really an innovative work of art, especially the hinges and goes right down to the smallest details.  Cups are smaller than I thought, but I can still squeeze my ears in.  Oversized leather pads in our future??  Val's passion and ingenuity created something really special here.
  • IMO, the M-100 completely destroys Amperior and Momentum sonically.  Consider the bar raised for every manufacturer.

Thank you Val.

They are different enough in signature that I plan to keep both as of right now.  In fairness to both, I prefer not to get into specific differences until I listen for a few days.

Congratulations for being the first person to post actual details regarding the M-100's sound!
From the list you've made so far, I think I'm going to enjoy the M-100. Midrange + details = yay. : ) )

How forward is the midrange relative to the UE6000 if you get the chance?

Looking forward to hearing the M-100 with an an O2 amp to go with my K701 eventually.

Oct 11, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #334 of 925
Will look forward to more impressions/review by you craigster versus UE6000 especially, your opinion I know I can trust & relate to. :p But I have to ask, in terms of bass quantity, which one has more, UE6000 or M100 or are they very similar. Both bass quantity and midrange comparision and soundstage would be very interesting to know how M100 and UE6000 compares like.

Oct 11, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #335 of 925
Quote:
Can you compare the depth of the cups when you get the chance? The huge issue I had with the Crossfade LPs were the shallow cups and my ears bottoming out, causing pain very quickly. The UE6000s I have I can wear all day without any discomfort, though I believe it to be at the edge of how deep the cup can be before bottoming out my ears. No point in me keeping headphones that cause my ears to go red within 30 mins.

Pads are deeper with the UE6000.

Oct 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #337 of 925
Oct 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #341 of 925
Quote:
I am usually camera shy, but thought I would be brave and show off my new M-100.  Isolation is good considering the dreds.

Seriously though, first impressions out of the box:

1. One of the best sounding headphones I ever heard in my semi-limited experience
  2. Midrange resolution and detail is fantastic
  3. High end resolution and extension is even better than I imagined.  There is sparkle with no hint of sibilance, just beautiful, smooth, clear, detailed highs
  4. Bass has superb tightness and punch; bassheads that want the biggest, deepest bass ever will be disappointed; music enthusiasts who appreciate beautifully presented impactful bass that complements detailed mids and smooth extended highs will love the bass;  bass is noticeably enhanced with amping Versa anyone??
  5. Build quality is fantastic.  M-100 is more compact than I thought, very solid, design is really an innovative work of art, especially the hinges and goes right down to the smallest details.  Cups are smaller than I thought, but I can still squeeze my ears in.  Oversized leather pads in our future??  Val's passion and ingenuity created something really special here.
  6. IMO, the M-100 completely destroys Amperior and Momentum sonically.  Consider the bar raised for every manufacturer.

Thank you Val.

thanks for your impressions!

But the question you're gonna get asked the most will probably be...

How does the bass compare to the M80 without an amp?

I know that according to the specs, it will be improved, but did you find this to be true? if so how noticeable was it?

Thanks

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #343 of 925
Quote:
thanks for your impressions!

But the question you're gonna get asked the most will probably be...

How does the bass compare to the M80 without an amp?

I know that according to the specs, it will be improved, but did you find this to be true? if so how noticeable was it?

Thanks

This one is a no brainer- absolutely bigger, better bass than M-80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back