V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 2, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #196 of 925
He said connoisseur of "sorts", not audio. What he meant was he likes to buy things that are value for money. 

Wow!!! That "clarification" made a WORLD of difference. :p It still comes down to mean the same thing in the long run.

Now, enough with the semantics,...back to the subject at hand. The sq of the sweetness that is the V-Moda's!!! I can't wait for the reviews to start rolling in.:D

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #197 of 925
Quote:
Wow!!! That "clarification" made a WORLD of difference.
tongue.gif
It still comes down to mean the same thing in the long run.
Now, enough with the semantics,...back to the subject at hand. The sq of the sweetness that is the V-Moda's!!! I can't wait for the reviews to start rolling in.
biggrin.gif

He specifically said, "the best MY money can buy".  Maybe the inexpensive headphone was all he had money for at that time.  If you are going to call people out for sounding like an idiot, make sure you are, yourself, not being one.  

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #198 of 925
He specifically said, "the best MY money can buy".  Maybe the inexpensive headphone was all he had money for at that time.  If you are going to call people out for sounding like an idiot, make sure you are, yourself, not being one.  

I agree with the above. It was very rude to go off on him like that. This is supposed to be a welcoming and warm community, not a nitpicking competition.

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #199 of 925
Quote:

I agree with the above. It was very rude to go off on him like that. This is supposed to be a welcoming and warm community, not a nitpicking competition.

Agreed.

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #200 of 925
Quote:
Now these M-100 HPs, are they going to be available in South Africa? Or am I going to have to pull manouvers to get them here?

When do we expect availability?

I have one question that does not apear to be asked often or dealt with very much... how private is private? I want these to be able to use on a plane, in a car with other passengers (we have little public transport but sometimes catch a ride with friends for long distance drives). If I am lying in bed next to the wife, jamming to some Linkin Park, am I going to disturb the wife?

Thank you
Chris

Val mentioned something about having the M-100s be more "international" but I'm not aware if he has mentioned specific locations... so you would probably need to buy via Amazon (if they ship over there), eBay, etc.

These are supposed to be available by November/December at retail.

Most closed headphones provide ample passive noise cancelling and prevents sound from leaking. It all depends on pads used, how they fit on your head and how LOUD you go. So if you are not listening to ear-bleeding levels, if almost sure that no sound will go out... so you will probably not disturb anyone.

Thanks.

P.S. You see people... THAT's how you are supposed to answer questions... Jeez...

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #201 of 925
Quote:

Val mentioned something about having the M-100s be more "international" but I'm not aware if he has mentioned specific locations... so you would probably need to buy via Amazon (if they ship over there), eBay, etc.

These are supposed to be available by November/December at retail.

Most closed headphones provide ample passive noise cancelling and prevents sound from leaking. It all depends on pads used, how they fit on your head and how LOUD you go. So if you are not listening to ear-bleeding levels, if almost sure that no sound will go out... so you will probably not disturb anyone.

Thanks.

P.S. You see people... THAT's how you are supposed to answer questions... Jeez...

According to to the other thread, he wants a December release if possible. Second, all the stock is being bought at an incredible rate in Japan and US (where they'll be distributed first) and now even Europe wants quite a few units. Not much known about South Africa though. V-Moda still has a lot of room to grow for sure.

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #203 of 925
Quote:

I have one question that does not apear to be asked often or dealt with very much... how private is private? I want these to be able to use on a plane, in a car with other passengers (we have little public transport but sometimes catch a ride with friends for long distance drives). If I am lying in bed next to the wife, jamming to some Linkin Park, am I going to disturb the wife?

Thank you
Chris

If they are anything like the M-80 for leakage, they should be fine pretty much anywhere outside (anywhere from a library to a bus), most people won't be able to hear it unless you turn the volume up way too loud.  However, if in a bed next to someone, they will definitely be able to hear it and depending on how sensitive they are to such things it may be quite irritating.

Oct 2, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #204 of 925
Yawn!!!

Now, back on topic.

Besides, I wanted the person who made the comment to chat back & forth with me. It's called "lively banter".

Carry on!!! :D

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #206 of 925
Quote:
I'm planning to buy a M-80 soon, is it worth it to wait for the M-100 and is the 70$ price increase worth it?

Not sure if you are going to get any worthwhile answers on that question yet, since only one person seems to have a pair at this point.  It would help to know though, what kind of sound signature you prefer and the type of music you typically listen to.  

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #210 of 925
Like if you're super anxious to see what these are like

Oops, wrong site...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back