V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 2, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #211 of 925
Personally, as someone who would never have a rant, im shocked that you sir would behave in such a way, you cad!:rolleyes:

Why, my friend, how could you SAY such a thing?!?!?! :D

It's called "crapweasel" :D

So how 'bout them M-100s?

Heh,...bite me!!! :p Damn NY'ers!!! We sir shall eventually meet some day,...and enjoy a beer & some tunes!!!

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #212 of 925
Quote:
I'm planning to buy a M-80 soon, is it worth it to wait for the M-100 and is the 70$ price increase worth it?

I am no expert by any means, but I do own the M-80s (white pearl) and one of the main differences its going to be size, specially since the M-80 is a very compact headphone by itself compared to other on-ears of the same rank/quality.

And yeah of course the sound, like better bass response, etc. But there are other people here qualified to talk about that aspect.

I want to buy next a nice pair of over-ears and these will be one of my top choices in the list.  I just hope they are not huge in size because I always preferred compact headphones regardless of being on-ear or over-ear.

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #213 of 925
Maybe funny, but you see. I dont really care what it costs if it is good value, it what I am trying to say. I have a Yamaha AMP at home that drives Mission MX speakers. I could easily have bought KEF speakers, and a bigger AMP, but I would gain very little in terms of what I was after at the time. I have a CCFL backlit LCD TV bacause that particular model used the same LCD as the much more expensive LED backlit units at the time. The picture quality is very similar to the LED backlit unit. I drive a used BMW I bought when a friend left the country, I was actually in the signing papers for an RS4 later in the week but my 135 was better value for money overall... FOR ME!!! dont forget I say for me.

Now these appear to be fantastic value for money to me at $200, but I need to see the review and get the information regarding privacy before I can completely make up my mind. :) Am I making sense?

C

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #215 of 925
Quote:
Yawn!!!
Now, back on topic.
Besides, I wanted the person who made the comment to chat back & forth with me. It's called "lively banter".
Carry on!!!
biggrin.gif

LOL... No offense taken by your previous trolling... :)

Those $40 headphones I have are actually awesome. If I could replicate their sound quality and have better comfort, I'm a happy chap. better the sound, and I am even happier.

At the time, those $40 headphones were what I got as a gift when I bought my home theater audio setup. Which at the time was also the best value at the time, and I would gladly do it again, perhaps a bigger SUB, my floorstanders tend to be powerful enough to drown it out a little at times... its a 10" or 12" active, I cant remember.

Anyway. I'm not going to tell the difference between $200 and $1200 headphones on my iphone am I (without an amp that is)? Especially since I'm a little hard of hearing... :)

Oct 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #216 of 925
Quote:
Maybe funny, but you see. I dont really care what it costs if it is good value, it what I am trying to say. I have a Yamaha AMP at home that drives Mission MX speakers. I could easily have bought KEF speakers, and a bigger AMP, but I would gain very little in terms of what I was after at the time. I have a CCFL backlit LCD TV bacause that particular model used the same LCD as the much more expensive LED backlit units at the time. The picture quality is very similar to the LED backlit unit. I drive a used BMW I bought when a friend left the country, I was actually in the signing papers for an RS4 later in the week but my 135 was better value for money overall... FOR ME!!! dont forget I say for me.

Now these appear to be fantastic value for money to me at $200, but I need to see the review and get the information regarding privacy before I can completely make up my mind. :) Am I making sense?

C

Not sure if it matters or not, but these will be $300US.  Which, potentially, could increase when purchasing outside of the US.  You gotta get rid of that CCFL though!  

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #223 of 925
Since we have no idea if the preorders come out next week or next month, does anyone have any suggestions on a closed, portable circumaural that is a solid bass and all-around performer available right now to hold me over?

I would take a chance on the UE6000, but it is backordered for several weeks.

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #224 of 925
Since we have no idea if the preorders come out next week or next month, does anyone have any suggestions on a closed, portable circumaural that is a solid bass and all-around performer available right now to hold me over?

I would take a chance on the UE6000, but it is backordered for several weeks.

ATH-M50 (dang it I almost typed M100), or their Pro700 MKII? Shure SRH840? Denon AH-D2000? Not the new Sony XB series.

While I'm waiting for my M-100's, I might give this portable amp a try. It looks wicked-awesome, in my opinion, and I think it stands out by itself as "fashionable audio gear" since it's pretty out-of-this-world, like the M-100 will be.

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #225 of 925
Quote:
ATH-M50 (dang it I almost typed M100), or their Pro700 MKII? Shure SRH840? Denon AH-D2000? Not the new Sony XB series.
While I'm waiting for my M-100's, I might give this portable amp a try. It looks wicked-awesome, in my opinion, and I think it stands out by itself as "fashionable audio gear" since it's pretty out-of-this-world, like the M-100 will be.

Wow that amp is very cool...only on Head-fi :)  I thought about all the above and the reality of these can't compare to the hopes and dreams I have for the M-100 as well as some other upcoming models.  I might break down and order Momentum or even Signature DJ if we don't hear anything by the end of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back