V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Sep 30, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #166 of 925
Quote:
Me too. And for the first time I've thought about getting some extra shields to go with them. I'm thinking Matte Black with some gunmetal shields would be pretty killer :p

Pics will be required....just sayin' :)

Sep 30, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #168 of 925
Quote:
Me too. And for the first time I've thought about getting some extra shields to go with them. I'm thinking Matte Black with some gunmetal shields would be pretty killer :p

I'm gonna be getting a set of gunmetal shields from a friend of mine when I get my M-100s!  It will look stunning.  I just wish the wingplates could be changed on the M-100 too.

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #170 of 925
How disappointing... there's no chance they'll be worth that.

What did you think they were going to sell for? $100? LOL

Sound quality is far superior. Period. The M80 has half the resolution. It also doesn't have the amazing PRaT of the 1350s, which is what makes the 1350s so much fun to listen to.

The 1350's are all nextel coated aluminum. The headband is spring-steel. The only plastic part is the pivot point on the headband. How can the mostly plastic M80 be built better? It's not physically possible.

Design is opinion. I do agree that the M-80 looks nicer.

Let me clarify something: I have heard the M-80 and I do like them. But, the DT1350 just gives you so much more, and I can't see the M-100 being that much better than the M-80.

While on a bus, I don't think I would enjoy the sound of the DT1350 and I would actually prefer the warmer-sounding M-80. Therefore it doesn't matter how superior the cans sound technically if I can't enjoy music with background noise on a bus.

Yes, I absolutely love my detailed Shure SRH940 headphones and I love how detailed they are (look up reviews if you don't believe me; people say it's the most detailed can under $1000) as well as having a fairly large soundstage for a full-sized sealed headphone.
On a bus however, they fail miserably with virtually no bass response, sharp treble, and little PRaT. I would prefer a bass-emphasized headphone in this scenario, and from what I've read, the DT1350 might not meet those expectations.

Again, therefore the DT1350 may be technically superior, but it fails for my purposes and you can't say that they will automatically crush the M-100 since you haven't even heard them yet.

171 posts in this thread, with 1 post of impressions. W00t!

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #173 of 925
Quote:
I never intended for this thread to become an extension of the last one.. This one is meant to be the actual review/impressions/images thread. We're just waiting on Anakchan to get that started off.

I hate to say it, but anything related to V-Moda is going to suffer this fate.  The over-the-top fanboism passion for their products is a little bit of a turnoff for me.  I will try to keep an open mind, but I will have to sift through a lot of garbage to get the info.  I will say that I am interested in listening to these though.  

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #174 of 925
Quote:
I hate to say it, but anything related to V-Moda is going to suffer this fate.  The over-the-top fanboism passion for their products is a little bit of a turnoff for me.  I will try to keep an open mind, but I will have to sift through a lot of garbage to get the info.  I will say that I am interested in listening to these though.  

This is exactly how I feel. If not for the front page (which I rarely visit) I would have never known about AnakChan's unboxing.
I avoid V-Moda threads now, and that help shift my interest to other headphones.

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #175 of 925
Quote:
This is exactly how I feel. If not for the front page (which I rarely visit) I would have never known about AnakChan's unboxing.
I avoid V-Moda threads now, and that help shift my interest to other headphones.

Hm, so if they're good, you'll just miss out because many others think they're good?

Oct 1, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #176 of 925
Quote:
Hm, so if they're good, you'll just miss out because many others think they're good?

Learn to read dude, I didn't say I wasn't going to buy it. I will buy it one day depending on non-fanboy reviews (jude, tyll, etc.)
It's just not at the top of my must have list anymore.
1. AKG Tiesto
2. Audio Technica WS99
3. Yamaha PRO500
4&5. Sony XB900 or M-100

NOTE:
I'm not saying any of these are better than the other, this is just a list of my level of interest.

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #180 of 925
Quote:
He's just trying to stay objective. He isn't ignoring the M-100. He just wants to concentrate on the neutral reviews and comments, and avoid the noise.

Quoted for truth. I plan on being unbias as possible for my review/comparison. As much as I like seeing support for a brand, it can get too much at times. It's best to hear the hard truth from someone neutral and without a prior opinion. As for me, I've never owned a V-MODA before, and a big reason of why I ordered a VTF-100 was because they have a great test drive policy. 

If this isn't the headphone for me, I will say why, leave it at that, and move on to the next headphone that sounds good. It's the best way to see what works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back