V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback
Aug 3, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #227 of 324
I believe it probably stemmed from some comments Val may have made awhile ago?  Either way, we just have to wait and see.  Speculation is actually the most pointless thing we can do right now. :p

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #231 of 324
We will see soon enough! Chances are that shipping will just cost more.  However, I believe Val said at some point that he wanted to try focusing on the EU markets more in the future?

Aug 4, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #232 of 324
Quote:
They will definitely be out within this month.  He did say the pre-orders would take place on the 8th did he not?

If that's true than they would already be in production, we would have pictures of the final product including packaging and stuff, and review units would had already been sent out.

I would love to see them release this month, but I don't think they will be. I hope I'm wrong. 

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #233 of 324
V-Moda doesn't do things like a normal company though.  The whole nice thing about a completely private company is that they don't have any pressure from the outside to do things quickly - at least, that's the way it's supposed to be.  No shareholders threatening to sell all of their stocks and no quarterly earnings to worry about.  But it seems that lately the head-fi crowd has become so demanding that they're pretty much trying to force V-Moda to act faster than their comfortable with.

I just hope V-Moda has the sense to ignore all of the people complaining about wanting information and dates and a release faster...

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #234 of 324
Dabomb, don't get us wrong, we're willing to wait just as long as anyone here, we're just starved for knowledge, haha. It's a pet peeve of mine, I like knowing things in advance so I can have time to make a decision - I don't like surprises, or being forced to make a split second decision.

I doubt Val would put anyone in that situation, but still -I'm still excited for these.

Aug 4, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #235 of 324
V-Moda doesn't do things like a normal company though.  The whole nice thing about a completely private company is that they don't have any pressure from the outside to do things quickly - at least, that's the way it's supposed to be.  No shareholders threatening to sell all of their stocks and no quarterly earnings to worry about.  But it seems that lately the head-fi crowd has become so demanding that they're pretty much trying to force V-Moda to act faster than their comfortable with.

I just hope V-Moda has the sense to ignore all of the people complaining about wanting information and dates and a release faster...

Totally agreed and it's pretty childish IMO.

The way I see it is if you want this headphone to excel to the potential you're hoping for, why pressure and criticize the person who's about to release it in the final days and who has continually reached out personally to this community? I can't think of many CEOs who do that btw. The point is I'd rather not stress Val out or distract him and let him do his thing, so that the headphone is completely 100% fine-tuned for my enjoyment. When he's ready to make an announcement, he will... simple as that.

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #236 of 324
Quote:
Dabomb, don't get us wrong, we're willing to wait just as long as anyone here, we're just starved for knowledge, haha. It's a pet peeve of mine, I like knowing things in advance so I can have time to make a decision - I don't like surprises, or being forced to make a split second decision.
I doubt Val would put anyone in that situation, but still -I'm still excited for these.

Well... it's YOUR pet peeve... why not keep it to yourself?! LOL!

Even if it comes out today, you wont be making a decision right now (i.e. you will probably still wait for reviews to come up...) so... if you make a split second decision, it's YOUR decision.

Stop the whining! Or just buy whatever is available right now and wait until all things settle a bit! Heck, right now I'm enjoying my Mad Dogs A WHOLE lot!!!!!

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #237 of 324
Quote:

Well... it's YOUR pet peeve... why not keep it to yourself?! LOL!

Even if it comes out today, you wont be making a decision right now (i.e. you will probably still wait for reviews to come up...) so... if you make a split second decision, it's YOUR decision.

Stop the whining! Or just buy whatever is available right now and wait until all things settle a bit! Heck, right now I'm enjoying my Mad Dogs A WHOLE lot!!!!!

Just wondering - but did you break your "!" key with all that typing? It's a forum for people to talk about what they think about a product - not to mention, this is the non-fanboy thread for the product. Are you sure you should even be here? A pet-peeve isn't something private either, so why would I need to keep it a secret? Because you disagree with it? It was just an off-hand comment, no need to piss yourself yelling.

I'll choose to wait or buy on my own - me telling people that won't change it, and I don't need you to tell me it's my own choice. I already know that.

Jeeze.. This is why people need to stop and calm down before they post. Don't embarrass yourself anymore by replying to this in this thread - PM me if need-be. 

PS: By the way though - how are the mad-dogs overall? Build Quality and Sound Signature? Let me know in PM, I don't want to derail the thread.

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #239 of 324
Is it just me or do people seem to love to quote the title of this thread a wee bit too much for random reasons? *shrug* I just think its funny. Anyway, I think we all need to relax and start preparing our ears for the M-100. The way I do it is by listening to all my gear, figuring out their strengths and weaknesses, and imagine what the M-100s will sound like in comparison. I'm mainly curious about the treble. I've had such a good experience with the M-80's bass detail/definition that I reckon the M-100 will have no issues in that regard. I'm also hoping the soundstage and imaging will be very impressive and will best the M-80 due to the larger drivers.

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #240 of 324
In headphone world, 40mm driver size is already plentiful, I'm suprised by how people are like 50mm must be better just cuz it's 10mm bigger. Soundstage differences are probably more down to the cup size and design (venting especially), heck even pad depth makes a difference. But for me as long as it's 40mm or bigger, I don't see it as any advantage. But then again I must mention also that Denon HP700 has a great soundstage size for an on-ear and not overly huge cups and also 40mm drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back