V-Moda / M-100 NON Fanboy feedback
Jul 31, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #211 of 324
Will you non V-Moda fanboys try and by the  pre production models as soon as it is released for us? Or, will you guys wait til the official release after all the madness has died down?

Jul 31, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #212 of 324
Quote:
Will you non V-Moda fanboys try and by the  pre production models as soon as it is released for us? Or, will you guys wait til the official release after all the madness has died down?

I will be buying the M-100 PPU as soon as they are available.  I was tempted to buy the new Denon AH-D600 which is already being discounted on Amazon for $400, but want to wait on that one for some reviews.

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #214 of 324
Quote:

I'm going to try and get one. At the moment I love my Shure SRH940, which is completely different from what the M-100's will offer despite them having a similar price tag.

The SRH940's have a very analytical sound, which is nice for some genres of music. However, now I'm getting into electronic and synthpop, so a more "musical" or bassy headphone would be a nice addition to my gear.

Not only that, the M-100's seem to be very portable and robust. The SRH940's are fairly portable as well (being able to fold up similar to the M-100's), but are made of a plastic material that tends to crack.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #215 of 324
I like my M80s so far, but still finding a reason to justify buying another headphone. Spending another 300 on anything, not just headphones, is something for me to consider. Then again, 300 isn't that much on this forum is it?

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #216 of 324
Quote:
I like my M80s so far, but still finding a reason to justify buying another headphone. Spending another 300 on anything, not just headphones, is something for me to consider. Then again, 300 isn't that much on this forum is it?

No I completely agree with you. I've been thinking "do I really need another pair of headphones?"...

I've been thinking that since my current headphones aren't really meant for portable-use (as in during bus commutes, listening to music at school, etc), maybe it will be worth it to invest in a more portable headphone. After all, a [slightly] bassy headphone is better suited for the portable/on-the-go/transit consumer.

If you like the M80's, I don't see a reason to spend $300 on a headphone that is essentially just a slight upgrade.

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #218 of 324
Quote:

Which is why I'll be selling my M-80s and my KRKs in order to get the M-100s. I realized I need to settle on 1 circumaural, closed headphone to fit all my needs. Bought the KRKs first, and generally like them, but decided I wanted something more fun. I also wanted something more portable to walk around with, so thinking fun+portable I bought the M-80s. Realized I don't like walking around with headphones on at all, so now I think I'll sell both to get the M-100s, which should be fun and portable when I need them to be (not walking around, but in a library or on the train). I see a need for only 1 nice headphone.

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #219 of 324
Quote:

No I completely agree with you. I've been thinking "do I really need another pair of headphones?"...

I've been thinking that since my current headphones aren't really meant for portable-use (as in during bus commutes, listening to music at school, etc), maybe it will be worth it to invest in a more portable headphone. After all, a [slightly] bassy headphone is better suited for the portable/on-the-go/transit consumer.

If you like the M80's, I don't see a reason to spend $300 on a headphone that is essentially just a slight upgrade.

Well that depends if it really is just a "slight" upgrade or not right? I'm actually hoping that the M100s are not vastly better sounding than the M80s. That way, I won't have to spend more money :D. But I guess, if it ends up being that way, I may as well sell my M80s and buy the M100s. 

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #220 of 324
Quote:

This question always ends in a YES. My poor wallet.. 
triportsad.gif

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #221 of 324
Quote:

Uhhh yes. The answer is yes. It always has been and always will be.

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #222 of 324
Quote:

I see your point but for me personally I would get the M100 just solely for the fact that it is circumaural.  I loved the sound that came from the M80's but in the end they hurt too much to use since they were supra-aural.

I do find it hard to justify spending an extra 100 bucks for just a slight upgrade in SQ though.

Aug 3, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #224 of 324
Honestly if you ask me, a little bit can go a long way with these.  Of course diminishing returns probably will play a bit of a factor, but if they were to add a bit more sparkle to the highs and a bit more rumble in the lows, that could really go a long way to making them a lot better.

Aug 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #225 of 324
I don't know where this "slight upgrade" conjecture came from in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back