V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 26, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #16,756 of 23,366
The M100 with XL pads is extremely comfy.  There is still some clamp, but the force is much better dispersed on the head, particularly on the back of the cheek in front of the ear.  They are definitely now more comfortable than any on-ear headphones I've worn extensively, such as the B&W P5, the AT ATH-ESW9, and the M80.  Bigger over-ear sealed headphones like the AT A900X are still more comfortable around the ear, but the bigger over-ear sealed headphones are usually heavier, and can cause some discomfort on the top of my head.  The M100 doesn't feel as heavy when worn.  The only issue I can see right now is of course heat buildup -- they will serve as amazing earmuffs in December!

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #16,757 of 23,366
In my experience, it's variable. Sometimes it'll be super quick (as in multiple replies within the same day), and sometimes it takes a couple attempts over the course of a week or two to get a response. Not that I'm emailing them all the time or anything...I just had a few back-and-forths with customer support when cracks started appearing in different parts of my M-100s.

Hmm, thanka for your side of the story. I just emailed them, and I got a returning email stating that it had been received and I got a ticket number. Hopefully, they'll get back to me soon, within today if possible, instead of making me wait a week or two..

I ordered faceplates with the XL Pads, and I was wondering if it had been shipped yet. Because I want a design on my plates if they have yet to ship it.

Sep 26, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #16,758 of 23,366
I just contacted V-MODA support inquiring about my now missing XL pads. To say that I am perturbed about this whole situation would be an understatement. This should have been a first come first serve situation but for whatever reason V-MODA doesn't believe in that.

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:00 AM Post #16,764 of 23,366

Even I took the same.. nope that does not include tracking. 

I also ordered immediately when they went live with the VTF.. still awaiting shipment.. :frowning2:

Well, we will have to wait an extra week or so:) Nevertheless, it's on its way!

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #16,765 of 23,366

In my experience, it's variable. Sometimes it'll be super quick (as in multiple replies within the same day), and sometimes it takes a couple attempts over the course of a week or two to get a response. Not that I'm emailing them all the time or anything...I just had a few back-and-forths with customer support when cracks started appearing in different parts of my M-100s.

+1- fast response on amp issues, but waiting two months for a replacement cracked wingplate.

Sep 26, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #16,769 of 23,366
Does anyone know of any customs fees on these to England? Will the method/speed of delivery make any difference?

If you bought the pads and nothing else, they should be under the allowed limit for duty (£18 I believe) as the exchange rate should make them around £12-13 and you won't be charged anything.

I bought custom shields and a spare cable with mine, so I might get fees if customs decides to have a look at the package. The annoying thing is that the duty won't be very much, but they tack on a handling charge for collecting the fees which is often more than what you owe the taxman!

I paid for the tracked priority international shipping and it looks like my package is on its way to the UK now. Hope yours arrive soon.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #16,770 of 23,366
I received a reply from V-MODA on the status of my XL pads. They aren't shipping the next batch till next Thursday or Friday. Also, the people who have theirs shipped are picked at random it seems. 

This is absolutely ridiculous! 
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back