V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 26, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #16,786 of 23,366
Try emailing Monster or Beats and telling them that they need to redesign one of the most important parts of their headphones and that they need to sell it to you a few months before it's available to the general public.

Well said.

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #16,787 of 23,366
Try emailing Monster or Beats and telling them that they need to redesign one of the most important parts of their headphones and that they need to sell it to you a few months before it's available to the general public.

THIS 100%.  I mean I'm all for good customer service and email response time, but I've emailed countless companies about various issues and I almost always get the run around or no response at all.  V-MODA is light years ahead of quite a few companies, so I'll just wait patiently for my XL Pads...even though I really don't need them.  I'm just curious as hell.

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #16,789 of 23,366
It was redesign the pads or get a boatload of returns. I would have definitely returned mine if I didn't know the larger pads were coming out. I returned the yamaha pro 500's purely because they were unwearable for more than ten minutes. I still think choosing orders at random is lame whatever else that company does to fix a problem.

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #16,790 of 23,366
For those of you interested, I just figured it out, it seems like a lot of people are having the same problem using HTC One with a one-remote-control headphone. It does not work on the regular music player that comes with the HTC One, you will either have to install Winamp or Poweramp for it to work. I guess this will work on most Android phones if anyone is having a problem.

Sep 26, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #16,791 of 23,366
It was redesign the pads or get a boatload of returns. I would have definitely returned mine if I didn't know the larger pads were coming out. I returned the yamaha pro 500's purely because they were unwearable for more than ten minutes. I still think choosing orders at random is lame whatever else that company does to fix a problem.

But your "boatload" of returns is in direct contradiction to Val's statements. He has said numerous times that he doesn't see the market for this product from his side and all his data, but he is doing it anyway, for us.

From a business perspective the last 8 months Val put into new pads that he is giving away is a bad idea. I'm just glad he did it!

Sep 26, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #16,793 of 23,366
  From what I have read, these are almost polar opposites regarding their sound signature.  Do you want powerful bass with excellent overall sound or an analytical can?  What are your preferred genres?

Yes, I demoed the H6 with my V-MODA VAMP iPhone 4S and it has NO bass at all.  I am not a bass head, but the H6 is definitely overly bright and unbalanced towards trebles.  When I tried to EQ it, it started to sound all weird.  Take my advice and get the M-100 instead.

Sep 26, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #16,794 of 23,366
But your "boatload" of returns is in direct contradiction to Val's statements. He has said numerous times that he doesn't see the market for this product from his side and all his data, but he is doing it anyway, for us.

From a business perspective the last 8 months Val put into new pads that he is giving away is a bad idea. I'm just glad he did it!

I know 8 people personally who bought the m100's, five sent them back for comfort issues.

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #16,795 of 23,366

I know 8 people personally who bought the m100's, five sent them back for comfort issues.

No offense but that seems unlikely, or they didn't give it enough time for break in.

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #16,796 of 23,366
I'm personally ordering the XL pads because of severe comfort issues rather than cosmetic improvements. I have shoved some fabric on the inside of the existing pads to alleviate some of my issues in the interim. To those saying V-Moda are not obligated to put their products through a VTF phase, I agree. If you can't honor the people who were willing to become early adopters, don't release a product under these circumstances in the first place. It is now obvious to me VTF is about gauging demand, nothing more.

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #16,797 of 23,366
It is now obvious to me VTF is about gauging demand, nothing more.

Since we are not a good statistical representation of the standard consumer this would be a really bad way to gauge product demand.

I can understand that some of you may not like a lottery style fulfillment, but for their own reasons that is what V-MODA thinks is fair. Why is it so hard to take Val at his word when he says he does the various VTF things to say thanks to us for being loyal consumers? Especially with the deals that often accompany a pre-release sale.

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #16,799 of 23,366
I'm personally ordering the XL pads because of severe comfort issues rather than cosmetic improvements. I have shoved some fabric on the inside of the existing pads to alleviate some of my issues in the interim. To those saying V-Moda are not obligated to put their products through a VTF phase, I agree. If you can't honor the people who were willing to become early adopters, don't release a product under these circumstances in the first place. It is now obvious to me VTF is about gauging demand, nothing more.

VTF is old news.  M-100 has been mass produced for over a year with the current pads.  They didn't change any specs from VTF to mass production because, IMO, Val believed he had designed the M-100 to the best of his ability.  While many would agree that, in hindsight, XL pads should have been the standard, can you think of one other headphone manufacturer that would develop a modified earpad in response to customer feedback?

I still believe Val had the best of intentions with the VTF pre-launch as he was responding to "crowd sourced" feedback, including myself,  that the headphones were taking too long to be released.

Sep 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #16,800 of 23,366
I thinik VTF equates to soft opening, which is good news for me as I hate to wait.  And early adpoters are mostly the hardcores, and Val can really use their (us) feedback for final adjestments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back