V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #16,771 of 23,366
  I received a reply from V-MODA on the status of my XL pads. They aren't shipping the next batch till next Thursday or Friday. Also, the people who have theirs shipped are picked at random it seems. 

This is absolutely ridiculous! 
mad.gif

Thursday/Friday as in today/tomorrow, or Thursday/Friday as in a week from now? Random order fulfillment is pretty dumb, if that's their practice. Did you respond to them with your thoughts on the matter?

Thank you for seeking out information and relaying it to the rest of us neglected folks...

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #16,772 of 23,366

Thursday/Friday as in today/tomorrow, or Thursday/Friday as in a week from now? Random order fulfillment is pretty dumb, if that's their practice. Did you respond to them with your thoughts on the matter?

Thank you for seeking out information and relaying it to the rest of us neglected folks...

Next Thursday/Friday. I'm not sure what else I would say at this point. My original message to them was rather strong worded already. They didn't seem to care and they gave me the, "there's nothing we can do about it" treatment.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #16,773 of 23,366

Next Thursday/Friday. I'm not sure what else I would say at this point. My original message to them was rather strong worded already. They didn't seem to care and they gave me the, "there's nothing we can do about it" treatment.

I see. Well that stinks.
mad.gif
Let's hope the next batch is big enough to fill the remaining orders.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #16,774 of 23,366
If you bought the pads and nothing else, they should be under the allowed limit for duty (£18 I believe) as the exchange rate should make them around £12-13 and you won't be charged anything.

I bought custom shields and a spare cable with mine, so I might get fees if customs decides to have a look at the package. The annoying thing is that the duty won't be very much, but they tack on a handling charge for collecting the fees which is often more than what you owe the taxman!

I paid for the tracked priority international shipping and it looks like my package is on its way to the UK now. Hope yours arrive soon.

OK thanks thats really helpful! I hope to avoid taxes then. Best wishes for your order also

Sep 26, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #16,775 of 23,366
Hey guys,

I received my M-100 a couple of days ago and absolutely love them. I have one question though, I read somewhere that you can select the next song through the 1-button remote, but the only thing I can do is to pause/play, if I press once and if I hold the button for 2 seconds then it makes a calls to the last number I talked to on the phone.  

I have looked through the settings on the phone (I have a HTC One), but cant seem to find out how to select the next song through the remote?

Sep 26, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #16,777 of 23,366
Sep 26, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #16,778 of 23,366
I wrote it wrongly before. When I double click it calls the last number I have called to and when I hold it in, it activates Google Now. I have tried looking through all the settings on my phone, but no luck there. Maybe it only works like I want to on Iphones?

Sep 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #16,779 of 23,366
Man, I just discovered another hairline crack in my Matte Black M-100s. This is the third time now, and I baby them despite their "military grade" construction. This time, its at the very top of the left earcup, at the peak of the plastic ring holding the earpad...completely out of the way of any potential impacts. The quality of the plastic on these headphones is just abysmal.
mad.gif
(Kinda makes me wish V-MODA took their whole "RECYCLE PLASTIC... don't wear it" schtick to heart.) I sent my M-100s in for repairs after the first two discoveries, but I'm just going to let this one go unless it starts affecting the overall build and/or functionality. Too much time and hassle involved. I'm having a love/hate thing with V-MODA right now.

Sep 26, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #16,780 of 23,366
  Man, I just discovered another hairline crack in my Matte Black M-100s. This is the third time now, and I baby them despite their "military grade" construction. This time, its at the very top of the left earcup, at the peak of the plastic ring holding the earpad...completely out of the way of any potential impacts. The quality of the plastic on these headphones is just abysmal.
mad.gif
(Kinda makes me wish V-MODA took their whole "RECYCLE PLASTIC... don't wear it" schtick to heart.) I sent my M-100s in for repairs after the first two discoveries, but I'm just going to let this one go unless it starts affecting the overall build and/or functionality. Too much time and hassle involved. I'm having a love/hate thing with V-MODA right now.

This sucks.  Do you have a headphone stand?

Sep 26, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #16,781 of 23,366
  This sucks.  Do you have a headphone stand?

My M-100s are either on my ears, around my neck, or in their case (which I hang via the carabiner on my pegboarded wall-o-headphones). In fact, they've spent almost all of their time inside the case since the last repair; with the cooler weather, today was the first day I'd actually taken them out and about again. Grr. I'm guessing there's some sort of internal stress point at that location -- possibly when they're folded up -- and the lousy, unforgiving plastic just can't handle it.

Request for V-MODA: Please choose a better plastic for your future headphones. (Or, better yet, don't use it at all.)

Sep 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #16,782 of 23,366
So I just sent them another email and they confirmed the next batch will ship next Wednesday. Nothing like adding insult to injury. I also live in Australia, so add a few more weeks to the ETA. Rock On!

Sep 26, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #16,783 of 23,366
  Hey guys,

I received my M-100 a couple of days ago and absolutely love them. I have one question though, I read somewhere that you can select the next song through the 1-button remote, but the only thing I can do is to pause/play, if I press once and if I hold the button for 2 seconds then it makes a calls to the last number I talked to on the phone.  

I have looked through the settings on the phone (I have a HTC One), but cant seem to find out how to select the next song through the remote?

The clicking to advance tracks only works on iOS devices (iPads, iPhones, iPods, etc.).  Nothing for Android.

Sep 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #16,784 of 23,366

The clicking to advance tracks only works on iOS devices (iPads, iPhones, iPods, etc.).  Nothing for Android.

There are some "remote" apps that can let you use iOS controls in android but you have to do some trial and error to find the right one for your music player/device/cable combo.

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #16,785 of 23,366
Guys, I wouldn't get too upset about the XL pad VTF preorders. Many of us dealt with the same random fulfillment with the actual headphones, talk about a long and difficult wait! For both though, at the end of the day, Val is giving us a product before it's ready for mass consumption, which he doesn't have to do.

Try emailing Monster or Beats and telling them that they need to redesign one of the most important parts of their headphones and that they need to sell it to you a few months before it's available to the general public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back