V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 27, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #15,196 of 23,366
I'm about to make the jump, I think! Now, if only I could draw a face for my shield design that doesn't look like a kid Jay Leno, hahaha. My thinking is, now I've got the budget, and my interest in the M-100 is no passing thing since I've been eyeing them for a year and a half, lol!

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #15,199 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah, are you using legitimate FiiO products? (i.e. do they have the scratch confirmation code at the back of your product?)

On the topic of V-MODA earphones, I just heard Justin Timberlake's "What Goes Around...Comes Around" on the radio. That was pretty much THE test track I used for my V-MODA Vibes. :D

I had my L1 go bad within a month also. I checked and it was definitely a legit FiiO product.

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #15,200 of 23,366
Quote:
I want the bright signature sound of my HD-280 Pro and the fun lows of my GR07 Bass Edition. Will the M-100 fulfill my desires?

The M-100 is not as bright as the HD280, but are closer to neutral in comparison, certainly not dark.  The M-100 sounds much better to my ears with a bigger soundstage, greater midrange detail and, of course, M-100 bass is far superior to the HD280.  Regarding comfort, the M-100 should feel like soft pillows compared to the vise-like grip of the HD280- OUCH!!!

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #15,201 of 23,366
Quote:
The M-100 is not as bright as the HD280, but are closer to neutral in comparison, certainly not dark.  The M-100 sounds much better to my ears with a bigger soundstage, greater midrange detail and, of course, M-100 bass is far superior to the HD280.  Regarding comfort, the M-100 should feel like soft pillows compared to the vise-like grip of the HD280- OUCH!!!

Can't remember how tight my 280's were as I've had them for 8 years :p But if the M-100 certainly do feel like a pillow compared to what I've already been comfortable with over the years and superior to its sound, I'll definitely have to get it!

Quote:

M-100 has more bass than GR07, and while I haven't heard the HD280 the M-100 is not bright. There is a slight bump at around 10k but overall it's more warm and bassy than bright.

This helps, guys. Thanks! :]

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #15,202 of 23,366
Quote:

Can't remember how tight my 280's were as I've had them for 8 years :p But if the M-100 certainly do feel like a pillow compared to what I've already been comfortable with over the years and superior to its sound, I'll definitely have to get it!

This helps, guys. Thanks! :]

What do you use as a pillow? concrete and nails?

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #15,203 of 23,366
Quote:

What do you use as a pillow? concrete and nails?

In comparison to the 280s? Yeah... I agree. They are pillows in comparison... The 280s were extremely high clamping with poor pleather pads that were just uncomfortable after 30 minutes. 

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #15,205 of 23,366
WOW. 100+ pages since I've last been here since like.... winter.... I've all but quit head-fi for the most part, mostly because of time, and mostly because I'm SUPER happy with my M-100s, and don't see any reason to get anythng else, and even if I did, I've spent enough time on the site that my wishlist isn't budging.

ANYWAYS. Aside from my short anecdote on my absence, my M-100s could us a new cable (the original SpeakEasy kevlar is frayed to no return (I'll get a picture of it.... once I find it) and I do want some new shields, and the XL pads would be REAL nice to have. Oh, and the ProCoil cable....

TL:DR - I'm back (briefly), and real lazy. Whats the word on the XL Pads, and the ProCoil cable? 

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #15,206 of 23,366
NEVERMIND! I went ONE page back and saw Val's update. lol Well this is great news! 

Val, you rock.

Anyways, I see the M-100 hype train is as strong as ever? Anything I miss in these last like.... 4 months?

Jun 29, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #15,208 of 23,366
Quote:
NEVERMIND! I went ONE page back and saw Val's update. lol Well this is great news! 

Val, you rock.

Anyways, I see the M-100 hype train is as strong as ever? Anything I miss in these last like.... 4 months?

Lets see, the thread has derailed a dozen times, miceblue has disassembled and reassembled his M-100's a couple of dozen times, and Craigster75 has become secretly engaged to his M-100. On my end, when out and about I still get looks from people concerning my cans and have had to field questions a half dozen times on make, model, pricing and where I got them. Overall, it's been an entertaining time on the thread. You should hang out here more often

tongue.gif

Jun 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #15,210 of 23,366
Quote:
Lets see, the thread has derailed a dozen times, miceblue has disassembled and reassembled his M-100's a couple of dozen times, and Craigster75 has become secretly engaged to his M-100. On my end, when out and about I still get looks from people concerning my cans and have had to field questions a half dozen times on make, model, pricing and where I got them. Overall, it's been an entertaining time on the thread. You should hang out here more often

tongue.gif

Well, the secret is out, but I am cheating with Sig DJ and spicing things up by adding Verza into the mix
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back