V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 15, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #13,908 of 23,366
Quote:
So, I received them today.

To put things in perspective, I listen my music at home on a pair of HD598 in a very dry/clean solid state amp.

Well, to put things lightly, it makes the mix really really really thick. Every thing sounds very dense and for right now it's a bit overwhelming, but I don't doubt it's my ears that need adapting.

I listen to mainly metal and the slight cut at around 500-600 Hz shows a lot on bands that use the bass guitar in a more melodic fashion (Cynic, Martyr, etc...) but on the rest of the music I have, it sounds really good. It is a very forgiving pair of headphones and some records I have are really badly recorded and they really make them sound nicer. They have a lot more punch and impact that I'm used to, and it's a welcomed change.

They also sound much better on my computer setup with the DAC/Amp than on my iPod. It gives the m100 a lot more depth and soundstage in general.

All in all, I'm gonna need some time to get used to them, but the sound quality is definitely there. Most definitely gonna keep them.

Some burning in already did some noticeable work. Definitely less "intense" sounding. Still massive sound though.

Apr 15, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #13,909 of 23,366
Apr 15, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #13,910 of 23,366
Quote:
Which color do you like? The white one looks like its old lol

My current favorite is White with my gold shield and orange cable, but I use my Shadow with red shields for games the most as it matches my BPM better.

Apr 15, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #13,911 of 23,366
Today I had my M-100 on for 3 hours. Things did go surprisingly well, clamping force and temperature are no real issues - even with my glasses... :cool: :)

I was listening to a stream all time long (UMF Radio channel on DI.fm) with 128k AAC. With a liittle fiddeling with the EQ the sound was enormous! Those deep frequencies are just awesome! :dt880smile:

Apr 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #13,913 of 23,366
So, I received them today.

To put things in perspective, I listen my music at home on a pair of HD598 in a very dry/clean solid state amp.

Well, to put things lightly, it makes the mix really really really thick. Every thing sounds very dense and for right now it's a bit overwhelming, but I don't doubt it's my ears that need adapting.

I listen to mainly metal and the slight cut at around 500-600 Hz shows a lot on bands that use the bass guitar in a more melodic fashion (Cynic, Martyr, etc...) but on the rest of the music I have, it sounds really good. It is a very forgiving pair of headphones and some records I have are really badly recorded and they really make them sound nicer. They have a lot more punch and impact that I'm used to, and it's a welcomed change.

They also sound much better on my computer setup with the DAC/Amp than on my iPod. It gives the m100 a lot more depth and soundstage in general.

All in all, I'm gonna need some time to get used to them, but the sound quality is definitely there. Most definitely gonna keep them.
can you take a pic of Ur HD 598 and m100 next to each othet

Apr 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #13,916 of 23,366
Apr 16, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #13,917 of 23,366
Quote:
I am moving so I have everything packed away, but since you asked...

Only if I had the money to buy more than 1 m100's....The white ones look amazing! But I honestly wouldn't go in the streets with them, I am worried some one would jack me for them.

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #13,920 of 23,366
Quote:
Why does the white one always look white in the pictures my not even that white lol

No it's not.  My lighting and phone camera combo isn't the best to show off the true White color of the M-100.  I think the pearl white from this Jaguar XF looks pretty close to it (maybe a bit dark).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back