V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
post-9359803
Post #13,921 of 23,321

AAP8

New Head-Fier
Joined
Apr 13, 2013
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Joined
Apr 13, 2013
Posts
4
Likes
0
Quote:
Where do you live? I think thieves are only interested in Beats. If they only knew better. Sigh...

LOL true ... thats why I just ordered some M-100's ... they look like simple affordable headphones (Matte Black) but are good ones.
 
     Share This Post       
post-9359812
Post #13,922 of 23,321

MattKelly

Previously known as "Astonish"
Joined
Mar 19, 2011
Messages
125
Reaction score
17
Joined
Mar 19, 2011
Posts
125
Likes
17
I'm really interested in an update on the XL pads.  Does anybody know anything?!  Perhaps Val could drop us some intel. 

 
     Share This Post       
post-9359878
Post #13,923 of 23,321

miceblue

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
16,359
Reaction score
2,681
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Posts
16,359
Likes
2,681
I don't understand why people are so worried about the M-100's leakage.
 
I was on the bus today reading a research paper and listening to music on my M-100's at a fairly loud listening level. Somebody came on the bus and sat next to me wearing Beats Studios. I could hear his music above my music above the bus noise. Pretty sad if you ask me. In short, the M-100's leakage problem is very minimal even at medium volume level-listening.
 
     Share This Post       
post-9359915
Post #13,924 of 23,321

Ashade

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
877
Reaction score
30
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Posts
877
Likes
30
Quote:
I don't understand why people are so worried about the M-100's leakage.
 
I was on the bus today reading a research paper and listening to music on my M-100's at a fairly loud listening level. Somebody came on the bus and sat next to me wearing Beats Studios. I could hear his music above my music above the bus noise. Pretty sad if you ask me. In short, the M-100's leakage problem is very minimal even at medium volume level-listening.
 
Probably he wanted to let everybody know what was he listening...
 
     Share This Post       
post-9359995
Post #13,925 of 23,321

aleki

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 4, 2010
Messages
989
Reaction score
28
Joined
Oct 4, 2010
Posts
989
Likes
28
↑Beats studios leak like mad; both in isolation and pollution >_<
 
     Share This Post       
post-9360021
Post #13,926 of 23,321

Snoopy Ears

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 13, 2013
Messages
360
Reaction score
20
Joined
Mar 13, 2013
Posts
360
Likes
20
I don't understand why people are so worried about the M-100's leakage.

I was on the bus today reading a research paper and listening to music on my M-100's at a fairly loud listening level. Somebody came on the bus and sat next to me wearing Beats Studios. I could hear his music above my music above the bus noise. Pretty sad if you ask me. In short, the M-100's leakage problem is very minimal even at medium volume level-listening.

Beats owners need to listen at very loud volumes to hear their music over that muddy mess that beats calls BASS!!! :-D
 
     Share This Post       
post-9360062
Post #13,927 of 23,321

miceblue

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
16,359
Reaction score
2,681
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Posts
16,359
Likes
2,681
Quote:
Quote:
I don't understand why people are so worried about the M-100's leakage.

I was on the bus today reading a research paper and listening to music on my M-100's at a fairly loud listening level. Somebody came on the bus and sat next to me wearing Beats Studios. I could hear his music above my music above the bus noise. Pretty sad if you ask me. In short, the M-100's leakage problem is very minimal even at medium volume level-listening.

Beats owners need to listen at very loud volumes to hear their music over that muddy mess that beats calls BASS!!! :-D
Yes, and their non-existent active noise-cancellation.
 
I hope V-MODA can make a portable active noise-cancelling headphone in the future (Bose really needs a good competitor), but Val stated they've done prototypes and they're not-too-good.
 
     Share This Post       
post-9360124
Post #13,928 of 23,321

Craigster75

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
3,598
Reaction score
164
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Posts
3,598
Likes
164
Quote:
 
Probably he wanted to let everybody know what was he listening...
 
Quote:
↑Beats studios leak like mad; both in isolation and pollution >_<

My nephew has Souls and they leak so bad I think he is listening to a portable speaker.  M-100 has very good isolation.
 
     Share This Post       
post-9360414
Post #13,929 of 23,321

Speakerphile

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
795
Reaction score
41
Joined
May 30, 2012
Posts
795
Likes
41
Quote:
Yes, and their non-existent active noise-cancellation.
 
I hope V-MODA can make a portable active noise-cancelling headphone in the future (Bose really needs a good competitor), but Val stated they've done prototypes and they're not-too-good.
Yeah, decent NC is VERY expensive to develop.  Luckily, Bose has those lucrative defense contract dollars burning a hole in their pocket...  
 
     Share This Post       
post-9360466
Post #13,930 of 23,321

miceblue

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Messages
16,359
Reaction score
2,681
Joined
Feb 23, 2011
Posts
16,359
Likes
2,681
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, and their non-existent active noise-cancellation.
 
I hope V-MODA can make a portable active noise-cancelling headphone in the future (Bose really needs a good competitor), but Val stated they've done prototypes and they're not-too-good.
Yeah, decent NC is VERY expensive to develop.  Luckily, Bose has those lucrative defense contract dollars burning a hole in their pocket...  
I actually went to a local Bose store to try out their QC15's in-person with my own gear. Noise cancelling and comfort are top-notch; some of the finest headphones for those purposes (each earcup has 2 input microphones for the noise-cancelling feature and each earcup has their own noise-cancelling circuit). Sound quality? Meh...it could use some work. The person who helped me liked how the M-100's looked and asked me what headphones they were.
 
     Share This Post       
post-9360738
Post #13,931 of 23,321

Speakerphile

500+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
795
Reaction score
41
Joined
May 30, 2012
Posts
795
Likes
41
Quote:
I actually went to a local Bose store to try out their QC15's in-person with my own gear. Noise cancelling and comfort are top-notch; some of the finest headphones for those purposes (each earcup has 2 input microphones for the noise-cancelling feature and each earcup has their own noise-cancelling circuit). Sound quality? Meh...it could use some work. The person who helped me liked how the M-100's looked and asked me what headphones they were.
Yeah, I never liked their sound, but their comfort and NC capabilities are pretty solid.  
 
     Share This Post       
post-9361091
Post #13,932 of 23,321

techboyjv

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
213
Reaction score
15
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Posts
213
Likes
15
Quote:
Yeah, I never liked their sound, but their comfort and NC capabilities are pretty solid.  
I have the qc15, they sound decent, good soundstage, a minor bass emphasis, mids are more forward. But the most comfortable headphone I wore to date! I wore them in an 18 hour flight and even slept with them. They are not HiFi but I could tolerate it. A still a good buy if you want NC, best in the business. But hopefully get in on sale, $300 bucks not worth it, but it depends how much you value NC. But they are ALOT of fakes floating around. 
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Top