V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #13,922 of 23,366
I'm really interested in an update on the XL pads.  Does anybody know anything?!  Perhaps Val could drop us some intel. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 16, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #13,923 of 23,366
I don't understand why people are so worried about the M-100's leakage.

I was on the bus today reading a research paper and listening to music on my M-100's at a fairly loud listening level. Somebody came on the bus and sat next to me wearing Beats Studios. I could hear his music above my music above the bus noise. Pretty sad if you ask me. In short, the M-100's leakage problem is very minimal even at medium volume level-listening.

Apr 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #13,924 of 23,366
Quote:

I was on the bus today reading a research paper and listening to music on my M-100's at a fairly loud listening level. Somebody came on the bus and sat next to me wearing Beats Studios. I could hear his music above my music above the bus noise. Pretty sad if you ask me. In short, the M-100's leakage problem is very minimal even at medium volume level-listening.

Probably he wanted to let everybody know what was he listening...

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #13,926 of 23,366

Beats owners need to listen at very loud volumes to hear their music over that muddy mess that beats calls BASS!!! :-D

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #13,927 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

Beats owners need to listen at very loud volumes to hear their music over that muddy mess that beats calls BASS!!! :-D

Yes, and their non-existent active noise-cancellation.

I hope V-MODA can make a portable active noise-cancelling headphone in the future (Bose really needs a good competitor), but Val stated they've done prototypes and they're not-too-good.

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #13,929 of 23,366
Quote:

I hope V-MODA can make a portable active noise-cancelling headphone in the future (Bose really needs a good competitor), but Val stated they've done prototypes and they're not-too-good.

Yeah, decent NC is VERY expensive to develop.  Luckily, Bose has those lucrative defense contract dollars burning a hole in their pocket...  

Apr 16, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #13,930 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, decent NC is VERY expensive to develop.  Luckily, Bose has those lucrative defense contract dollars burning a hole in their pocket...  

I actually went to a local Bose store to try out their QC15's in-person with my own gear. Noise cancelling and comfort are top-notch; some of the finest headphones for those purposes (each earcup has 2 input microphones for the noise-cancelling feature and each earcup has their own noise-cancelling circuit). Sound quality? Meh...it could use some work. The person who helped me liked how the M-100's looked and asked me what headphones they were.

Apr 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #13,931 of 23,366
Quote:
I actually went to a local Bose store to try out their QC15's in-person with my own gear. Noise cancelling and comfort are top-notch; some of the finest headphones for those purposes (each earcup has 2 input microphones for the noise-cancelling feature and each earcup has their own noise-cancelling circuit). Sound quality? Meh...it could use some work. The person who helped me liked how the M-100's looked and asked me what headphones they were.

Yeah, I never liked their sound, but their comfort and NC capabilities are pretty solid.  

Apr 17, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #13,932 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah, I never liked their sound, but their comfort and NC capabilities are pretty solid.  

I have the qc15, they sound decent, good soundstage, a minor bass emphasis, mids are more forward. But the most comfortable headphone I wore to date! I wore them in an 18 hour flight and even slept with them. They are not HiFi but I could tolerate it. A still a good buy if you want NC, best in the business. But hopefully get in on sale, $300 bucks not worth it, but it depends how much you value NC. But they are ALOT of fakes floating around. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back