V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 3, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #12,107 of 23,366
Quote:
My friend thinks his beats mixr are better then my V-MODA M100 what do you guys think

Quote:
Tell me I want to rub it in his face

Well, if your friend likes them better, I'm not sure my opinion will rub anything in his face, but IMO, they have no soundstage and have that typical muddy Beats sound in the mids with lacking highs as well as mediocre one-note bass.  Beats wins on global branding; M-100 wins on sound.  My son and nephew have Ludacris Souls which sound the same as Beats and they both immediately noticed the superior clarity, resolution and extended highs of the M-100 over rapper cans.

This sounds like a case of perception = reality.  I think if you could convince V-Moda to make custom shields with the Beats logo, your friend would say they were the best sounding headphone ever made.

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #12,108 of 23,366
The best thing would be to let him listen, first with your M-100 then replay the song with his Beats Mixr. Of course, if you set the stage by priming his attention on detail in the mids and lows, recessed highs, then he will be paying extra attention (and possibly deny you just to save face). If you really want to be cruel, show him how the M-100 earcups can be bent so they pass eachother, then bend them out, and ask him if his headphones can do that. You don't even have to flex your headphones all the way they can go, if it seems reasonable that his should be able to do it too and he tries it, his beats will break :D

"Unnnts, unnnts, unnnts, unnnts, ooh! I think I lost the beat, but unnnts, unnnts, unnnts..."
CL4P-TR4P, Borderlands

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #12,109 of 23,366
The best thing would be to let him listen, first with your M-100 then replay the song with his Beats Mixr. Of course, if you set the stage by priming his attention on detail in the mids and lows, recessed highs, then he will be paying extra attention (and possibly deny you just to save face). If you really want to be cruel, show him how the M-100 earcups can be bent so they pass eachother, then bend them out, and ask him if his headphones can do that. You don't even have to flex your headphones all the way they can go, if it seems reasonable that his should be able to do it too and he tries it, his beats will break :D

"Unnnts, unnnts, unnnts, unnnts, ooh! I think I lost the beat, but unnnts, unnnts, unnnts..."
CL4P-TR4P, Borderlands

Well, if your friend likes them better, I'm not sure my opinion will rub anything in his face, but IMO, they have no soundstage and have that typical muddy Beats sound in the mids with lacking highs as well as mediocre one-note bass.  Beats wins on global branding; M-100 wins on sound.  My son and nephew have Ludacris Souls which sound the same as Beats and they both immediately noticed the superior clarity, resolution and extended highs of the M-100 over rapper cans.

This sounds like a case of perception = reality.  I think if you could convince V-Moda to make custom shields with the Beats logo, your friend would say they were the best sounding headphone ever made.

Thanks guys

Feb 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #12,110 of 23,366
Thanks for the responses fellow Aussies. Guess it's the V-Moda site then.

Quote:
I haven't seen them in store anywhere in australia. M-80s yes for over inflated prices.

Just tell them to order from V moda direct since there's no tax on postal goods under $1000 AUD.

Quote:
Don't know of any bricks and mortar shops, but there's a website called Minidisc.com.au . I've bought from them before, their prices are competative in comparison with other dealers within Australia.

*oops, I just checked there, and they don't seem to have the M-100s yet.

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #12,114 of 23,366
Check out my video review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oh8AmZ1yFI

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #12,117 of 23,366
Hey guys, just wondering what you think.  I have a pair of UE 6000's along with some M-80's.  You think I should pick up the M-100 in the near future anyways?  The prominent bass and recessed midrange that I keep hearing about kept turning me off.  If anyone is wondering I listen to all types of rock with a splash of dubstep.

Feb 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #12,118 of 23,366
Recessed has always been the wrong word to describe the mid range and people need to remember that.

Laidback is a better description, but recessed, or veiled? Most definitely not.

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #12,120 of 23,366
Agreed. The midrange detail is too great to really be considered recessed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back