V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 1, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #12,076 of 23,366
Quote:
I listen mostly to J-pop and Vocaloid (just think of it as electronica) and the M-100 fit those quit nicely.  I don't think I can really add much to the discussion sound wise for the M-100, so the only one thing left for you is to order one and take advantage of the 60 days return policy and listen for yourself.

I know what J-pop is (in fact I first discovered V-Moda when I saw someone wear a pair of white LP's in my hotel during my time at Otakon!) I have to say I was impressed with the sound then and those were the regular LP's. I kept waiting until the Mythical M-100's would finally come out before I would decide to get them. Just now blowing most of my paycheck into this (I only get paid on the 15th and 30th of each month) needs to be better justified in my mind before I can finally buy these right away.

Lucky for me the Matte Black is the type I am looking for, it just looks nicer with my look. Have the M-100's been scaled to work with mainly iDevices or does it work equally well on most PMP's? I still use a
Zune 120
for everything!

Also as for the custom shields option, this image will translate well when printed onto the custom plates right? Do I need to modify it since it will need to be white on black plates or will the printing be able to do this automatically?

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #12,077 of 23,366
Quote:
I know what J-pop is (in fact I first discovered V-Moda when I saw someone wear a pair of white LP's in my hotel during my time at Otakon!) I have to say I was impressed with the sound then and those were the regular LP's. I kept waiting until the Mythical M-100's would finally come out before I would decide to get them. Just now blowing most of my paycheck into this (I only get paid on the 15th and 30th of each month) needs to be better justified in my mind before I can finally buy these right away.

Lucky for me the Matte Black is the type I am looking for, it just looks nicer with my look. Have the M-100's been scaled to work with mainly iDevices or does it work equally well on most PMP's? I still use a
Zune 120
for everything!

Also as for the custom shields option, this image will translate well when printed onto the custom plates right? Do I need to modify it since it will need to be white on black plates or will the printing be able to do this automatically?

This image will work fine, but if you need the exact layout then you need to use the psd template.  What color of shield you like?  I can convert this with the template pretty easily and attach it back for you.

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #12,078 of 23,366
Quote:
Actually, I really like the Shadows, especially with the red cable.. not too flashy. 
wink_face.gif

FYI, the red cable included in shadow is a darker shade then the one bought separately.  It is very hard to tell just by the pictures, but I know this as I have both.  I am not sure why V-moda did this, as I do think that the straight cable's red is a closer match to the shade of red on the shadow.

p.s. did you buy that red cable separately?  I just look at your pic and that is the same shade of red from my straight cable but not the one with my shadow.

Feb 2, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #12,079 of 23,366
So I mentioned in an earlier post that I sold the M-100 idea to two of my friends visiting from Australia of whom I took them to the shops to pick up their M-100 Shadows.

Now they're back in Oz, their friends there are also very keen on the M-100. I know V-Moda has a distributor in Australia but any Aussies on this thread know where to pick up an M-100 in Sydney?

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #12,080 of 23,366
Quote:
Speaking of Best Buy, I have a gift card. MicroSD card or money towards Momentum. Hm...

And yeah I'm pretty much at the end of my headphone journey too. $300 USD is the point of diminishing returns for me for any piece of equipment and I think I've found the best possible gear for me in that price range. I would like a Stax SR-007 some day but that's way out of my price range and I would need a dedicated electrostatic amp for it. Yeah no. >.>

MicroSD card. :)

I agree with the $300 diminishing returns thing, which is why I'm not buying into the Verza. I do however would love an HD650.... 

Feb 2, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #12,081 of 23,366
Not long ago I also thought that 300 USD was the sweet spot.  But then I got my HE-500 and Violectric rig.  Oops!

I still like the M100, it's a fun headphone.  Interestingly, though, it really doesn't benefit from being plugged into the Violectric stack at all.  

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #12,083 of 23,366
So I mentioned in an earlier post that I sold the M-100 idea to two of my friends visiting from Australia of whom I took them to the shops to pick up their M-100 Shadows.

Now they're back in Oz, their friends there are also very keen on the M-100. I know V-Moda has a distributor in Australia but any Aussies on this thread know where to pick up an M-100 in Sydney?

I haven't seen them in store anywhere in australia. M-80s yes for over inflated prices.

Just tell them to order from V moda direct since there's no tax on postal goods under $1000 AUD.

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #12,084 of 23,366
Quote:

Don't know of any bricks and mortar shops, but there's a website called Minidisc.com.au . I've bought from them before, their prices are competative in comparison with other dealers within Australia.

*oops, I just checked there, and they don't seem to have the M-100s yet.

Feb 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #12,088 of 23,366
Has anyone tried the Google (LG) Nexus 4 with the M-100s un-amped? I have an iPhone 4S at the mo but I have the opportunity to change it for the Nexus. The only thing that's putting me off is that I would lose the 3 button remote functionality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back