V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #12,061 of 23,366
Quote:
WOW, the last one is AWESOME!

lol this is the only one I didn't actually made as I got it from somewhere else, but the rest of them are from different sources and I fixed them up.

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #12,064 of 23,366
Quote:

Nice! Can you or anyone provide a good idea on how these will sound with genres such as "Industrial", "Rock/old rock", "electronica", "alternative", and even some obscure ones like "Electro-Swing"? Before pulling the trigger on these cans I want to see if they will fit well with my most prominent genres in music.
I see, more good! Also yeah I have been employed for 2 months now, however due to the treatment that we get from our overhead (late paychecks, no commission as promised, lack of communication) and overall poor management I am already looking for a replacement job.

I listen mostly to J-pop and Vocaloid (just think of it as electronica) and the M-100 fit those quit nicely.  I don't think I can really add much to the discussion sound wise for the M-100, so the only one thing left for you is to order one and take advantage of the 60 days return policy and listen for yourself.

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #12,065 of 23,366
Quote:

Color forecast: I would guess that initially the people who bought the m100 right when it was released were head-fi-ers & other headphone enthusiasts that kept up with headphone news and probably closely followed the m100 development cycle. These people would probably prefer traditional low key black color scheme without any flashy highlights as their focus was probably mainly on audio quality. Regular consumers who read good reviews about your product and decide to get it would probably prefer something that stands out a bit more for the price range as the combination of stylish looks and SQ would probably be what would lead them to choose the m100 over other similarly priced headphones.

...or perhaps vampires (who would obviously prefer the red/black headphone color scheme) have more time to sit at home & browse the internet looking for quality headphones now that winter is ending & the days are getting longer.

PS: I really do love your vmoda m100 headphones, but please please release DEEPER (more comfy) EARPADS!!! I have been having serious comfort issues your m100 due to the shallow earcups, and that is the only thing keeping me from being 100% happy with them. Thank you for reading my post :) 

I would also point out that almost all of the initial press was for the matte black version.  If someone didn't like the color, they not have bothered to check the site for other color options.  

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #12,066 of 23,366
Just listened to both Kevin Rudolf's albums back to back, boy do they sound great on the M-100s.

Re Val's earlier post; It's a pity for V-moda that these are still not easily available in the UK. I imagine that anybody who could do a side by side comparison between these and their competitors in stores such as Apple, John Lewis, Currys or HMV (if they survive:confused:), would almost certainly pick them based on SQ, looks and finish. This would also give a better idea for consumers about the finish they prefer. Matte black, apart from being very classy looking, is a safe option - perhaps the safest. As such I would imagine, it will almost always be the most popular option for consumers who don't have the opportunity to physically examine the product.

Feb 1, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #12,067 of 23,366
I wish I chose the Matte Black rather than the Shadows as I've said previously, as I think the Matte Blacks would look more... non flashy.

If I was given the choice to swap, I probably would to be honest, as I know how to improve the sound straight away now, with the tissue mods I have in right now

I'm enjoying the M-100's at the moment though. Trying to cheer myself up, as a project I was working on suffered a major crash and the program failed to auto-save correctly, making me lose A LOT of data :frowning2: Almost 8 hours worth, so I'm proper air drumming.

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #12,068 of 23,366
Actually, I really like the Shadows, especially with the red cable.. not too flashy. 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I wish I chose the Matte Black rather than the Shadows as I've said previously, as I think the Matte Blacks would look more... non flashy.

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #12,069 of 23,366
Quote:
Actually, I really like the Shadows, especially with the red cable.. not too flashy. 
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Off topic, but I've never seen someone post a screenshot/photo of using Audirvana Plus with the iTunes integration. XD

Yeah Shadow isn't too flashy in my opinion. The red cable is dark enough that it doesn't blend-in with a certain other cable.

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #12,070 of 23,366
Quote:
DD EAR CUSHIONS
we have not forgot but we have hit a holiday that delays testing.  Don't worry!  we have prototypes for testing.

COILPRO CABLE
The latest test hit 250k bends in our cable flex machine today, I think it'll hit 1M+ bends easily so I am giving it an okay to go.  It uses a spring strain relief that I was curious about, but it definitely works.  Look for late March.

DD Ear Cushions - Please!

CoilPro Cable - Sold! 

Feb 1, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #12,071 of 23,366
Radio Shack has M-80 on sale for $130.  I haven't heard them for awhile, so I thought I would have a quick listen.  After being spoiled with the M-100 for 3 months, the M-80 sounded boomy and boring in comparison.

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #12,072 of 23,366
Radio Shack has M-80 on sale for $130.  I haven't heard them for awhile, so I thought I would have a quick listen.  After being spoiled with the M-100 for 3 months, the M-80 sounded boomy and boring in comparison.

Dang, that's a really good price for them! I wonder if the M-100's will have a similar price drop 1 year from now.

I would honestly pick up an M50 in that price range though. The M-80's treble is non-fatuguing but also very lifeless in comparison to the M50's from what I recall. Being an on-ear though it's not too bad.

I've been using the M-100's mostly for electronic music nowadays, but I much prefer the way more transparent K 701 for most other music genres..,

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #12,073 of 23,366
Quote:
Dang, that's a really good price for them! I wonder if the M-100's will have a similar price drop 1 year from now.

I would honestly pick up an M50 in that price range though. The M-80's treble is non-fatuguing but also very lifeless in comparison to the M50's from what I recall. Being an on-ear though it's not too bad.

I've been using the M-100's mostly for electronic music nowadays, but I much prefer the way more transparent K 701 for most other music genres..,

I listened to Momentum in Best Buy tonight and may have judged them too harshly when they first came out.  I decided to go all out and have Ultrasone Signature DJs on the way, so I think I will be done with headphones for the next 5 years. 

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #12,074 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

I listened to Momentum in Best Buy tonight and may have judged them too harshly when they first came out.  I decided to go all out and have Ultrasone Signature DJs on the way, so I think I will be done with headphones for the next 5 years. 

Speaking of Best Buy, I have a gift card. MicroSD card or money towards Momentum. Hm...

And yeah I'm pretty much at the end of my headphone journey too. $300 USD is the point of diminishing returns for me for any piece of equipment and I think I've found the best possible gear for me in that price range. I would like a Stax SR-007 some day but that's way out of my price range and I would need a dedicated electrostatic amp for it. Yeah no. >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back