V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #11,672 of 23,366
I can't see why they won't do it again. Lets say you got Beats, and they broke cuzz they're plastic. They don't offer "Immortal Life" or even 2 year warranty.

So I think you're better off sending them for a second time. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #11,673 of 23,366
Quote:
I can't see why they won't do it again. Lets say you got Beats, and they broke cuzz they're plastic. They don't offer "Immortal Life" or even 2 year warranty.

To be honest,  the Beats Pro can take quite a punishment. They are the only headphones in their lineup that I'd consider owning again..
For $150..

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #11,674 of 23,366
Fair enough, but I still consider V-Moda's military grade construction and audiophile tuning far more superior. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #11,675 of 23,366
If 2 different pairs of M-100s have the same problem, I'm inclined to think something fishy is going on. Where did you buy the M-100s from?

I've had my M-100 fall into a frozen lake, and got soaked for about 10 seconds. I fished it out, brought it home 12 hrs later and dried it out with a hairdryer and it's still peachy. These M-100's are tough.

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #11,676 of 23,366
Yeah that is really odd...

V-Moda should at this point be sending out a pair without you needing to send the others back until you recieve the others.
They really need looking at.

Apple for example take broken products to fix production issues.

Since seeing the wires inside the actual cups though on images, they do look very thin and flimsy compared to everything else, so its weird they didn't use thicker wire.

That song Guts - Escucha Me don't sound all that bassy on my pair. The bass is there, but its not thick/low bass as I've heard on a few other tracks. My pair is a lot more balanced with the hardened tissue in though, and the db of the bass on the EQ lowered by 1-2db.

But I do really love these headphones now, with the mods at least. Without the mods, not so much until I get new cups.
I'm holding off making a review because I don't want to make a review based on a mod that I prefer the sound with.
So I'm going to wait until either the XL's come, or I buy the LP/LP2 pads and review them with those, than standard.
That is the only reason I haven't as yet.

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #11,677 of 23,366
i will return mine tomorrow. cant find them much better than s500s. additional they are very uncomfortable to my ears. i am a bit sad, because i really wanted to like them. maybe a future m200 or lp3 will fix it for me.

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #11,678 of 23,366
Jan 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #11,679 of 23,366
Jan 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #11,680 of 23,366
I just set my headphones down on a unused mouse pad, to much chance for them to fall off a headphone stand while I am taking them off or putting them on.

Also when I get the boom mic pro, whenever it comes out. How am I supposed to use the boom mic pro with an amp?

Is it possible?

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #11,681 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

To be honest,  the Beats Pro can take quite a punishment. They are the only headphones in their lineup that I'd consider owning again..
For $150..

Yeah I will admit that although the Pro's sound OK, and the fit is "meh", they are probably the toughest headphones I have ever touched. They may not survive going in a lake, but who does that anyway (for real, not just as a test)? The M-100's are pretty tough for the most part, especially compared to most other headphones, but the plastic is a compromise for build-quality, and it's been shown just from what's been talked about in this thread.

Quote:
Quote:
On a random note, I know that Val was designing a headphone stand earlier in this thread...probably about 300 486 pages back or something like that. XD
If anyone needs a headphone stand, I found one at Best Buy for cheap (cheap as in < $10 USD).

Rocketfish™ Universal Headset Stand, padding might be beneficial to prevent dents in the headband

Or if the chrome-coloured plastic isn't to your liking, grocery stores sometimes have metal banana stands.

^ something like that; foam shelving liner can be used to make the hook thicker and less likely to leave a dent in the headband (although it's not like it's going to seriously affect the comfort levels, I think)

I just use my lamp that kind of looks like this:

Except the light part is bigger and rounder. Efficient use of space if you ask me. The top doesn't even get hot either because I use a shorter energy saving bulb than the one necessary.

That's actually a good idea! I might have to "upgrade" my "desktop rig" for that purpose.
wink.gif

Quote:
I just put my headphones on the table. No harm done. I also have a shelf on my laptop stand (DJ rig) so that's where I put them

But then there's this  Talk about diminishing returns. 

Okay I concede. I'll get a Verza WAY before one of those. 
deadhorse.gif

edit:this is why I don't go on mu computer when I'm drunk

Wut....$666 USD for a piece of stationary plastic that doesn't even fit the HD800's very well? I'll pass and take the < $10 Rocketish or banana stand instead. D:

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #11,682 of 23,366
Quote:
Wut....$666 USD for a piece of stationary plastic that doesn't even fit the HD800's very well? I'll pass and take the < $10 Rocketish or banana stand instead. D:

beerchug.gif

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #11,683 of 23,366
Yeah I will admit that although the Pro's sound OK, and the fit is "meh", they are probably the toughest headphones I have ever touched. They may not survive going in a lake, but who does that anyway (for real, not just as a test)? The M-100's are pretty tough for the most part, especially compared to most other headphones, but the plastic is a compromise for build-quality, and it's been shown just from what's been talked about in this thread.

That's actually a good idea! I might have to "upgrade" my "desktop rig" for that purpose. :wink:

how do the v-moda m-100 and the beats pro compare all around

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #11,684 of 23,366
Quote:
how do the v-moda m-100 and the beats pro compare all around

I no longer own both, so I'm going off memory here; but the key differences I observed:
The BP's had bass reach and warmth, where the M-100's has bass reach(super tight, although borderline artificial sounding), teeth rattling impact and detailed treble. Both have an average sounding midrange; BP's sounding contorted(distance perception is inconsistent with vocals), and the M-100's come off a bit dull and recessed(missing a bit of crispness). The M-100's do sound better, however..
From my impressions, I feel the BP's are still outclassed by the M-100's..

PS: Both hurt like hell after sitting on my ears for a bit

Edit: Just a disclaimer; It has been suggested to me that either I've been wearing the M-100's wrong, or ears are too big to fit the sound, and the XL pads will fix all of my gripes, etc, etc... I plan to revisit the M-100's when I have a chance with the XL pads, but current impressions leave me suggesting the M-80's over either headphones if you want something fun, richly detailed, and better balanced; All for half the price*

*WARNING: M-80's also hurt like hell with extended wear time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back