V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 19, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #10,772 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm begining to think that yours may have been mistakenly fitted with LP pads. I no longer own the M-100's (as I've returned them), but going off memory, that was the most significant change in sound for me. Bass perceptually has a lighter footprint than the M-80's, with the LP pads.

Val,
In hindsight, I really wish there was(or perhaps will be) such a pad that place these headphones in alignment to the M-80's. I love virtually everything about the M-80's; but comfort is its Achilles heel. I may check these out again if someone figures out the right tweak that will satisfy the M-80 fanboys =-P

I'm thinking I have the sound that everyone was thinking the M-100 would sound like. Its definitely more M-80 sounding than the powerful bass I was expecting.

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #10,773 of 23,366
Quote:
This just in... I am absolutely SHOCKED and in audio nirvana with my new "trifecta" of sound gadgets...

FORGET what you've listened to an M-100 or M-80 on before... the absolute best sound I have EVER heard in my life by far is...

1) V-MODA VAMP VERZA (PRODUCTION MODEL I JUST GOT THAT COMES OUT IN A FEW WEEKS)
2) Samsung Galaxy SIII
3) V-MODA Crossfade M-100
4) Poweramp Full Version

I cannot figure out yet why the Samsung S3 vs Apple iPhone 5/4S sounds different with digital output.  The iPhone V VAMP VERZA looks so cool and sounds amazing, but the above ^ combo is unf***ing believable. I need to now test if it is the iPhone music player vs PowerAmp or is it the digital audio out.

I can't wait for M-100 owners to try out the trifecta at some local meets globally. We developed VAMP VERZA with M-100, many of you may have remembered that we had to redo M-100 because we tuned it TOO much for amped vs unamped as we were developing them to launch together.

How many head-fiers have Samsungs I wonder? I'll have more updates soon after I thoroughly test all the phone models.  I also got Surfaces, Nokia 920s, etc etc... but the S3 (w/Poweramp software) stands out from initial testing.

-V

PS - I am using AIFF so I cannot use the stock Android music player to see if it is Poweramp's algorithms vs the stock player or the digital output...

HERE IS A SNEAK PEEK OF VAMP VERZA + M-100 ADS

Does the model come with the package?

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #10,774 of 23,366
This just in... I am absolutely SHOCKED and in audio nirvana with my new "trifecta" of sound gadgets...

FORGET what you've listened to an M-100 or M-80 on before... the absolute best sound I have EVER heard in my life by far is...

1) V-MODA VAMP VERZA (PRODUCTION MODEL I JUST GOT THAT COMES OUT IN A FEW WEEKS)
2) Samsung Galaxy SIII
4) Poweramp Full Version

I cannot figure out yet why the Samsung S3 vs Apple iPhone 5/4S sounds different with digital output.  The iPhone V VAMP VERZA looks so cool and sounds amazing, but the above ^ combo is unf***ing believable. I need to now test if it is the iPhone music player vs PowerAmp or is it the digital audio out.

I can't wait for M-100 owners to try out the trifecta at some local meets globally. We developed VAMP VERZA with M-100, many of you may have remembered that we had to redo M-100 because we tuned it TOO much for amped vs unamped as we were developing them to launch together.

How many head-fiers have Samsungs I wonder? I'll have more updates soon after I thoroughly test all the phone models.  I also got Surfaces, Nokia 920s, etc etc... but the S3 (w/Poweramp software) stands out from initial testing

PS - I am using AIFF so I cannot use the stock Android music player to see if it is Poweramp's algorithms vs the stock player or the digital output...

Yeh I have ordered the M100 and have a S3...the international version with the woolfson DAC which apparently only a few amp/dac combos work (pico slim and E17) could you confirm if it would work with this version?

And for me power amp and player pro had slightly better sound than the stock player! Nothing too drastic though...word of warning though don't use the bass/treble/surround sound knobs as it really degrades the sound imo...the EQ is good though!

If you root the S3 and install Siyah kernel you get access to the hardware EQ in the Woolfson DAC which is great much better then the software EQ in power amp!

Finally glad people are moving away from iphones and manufacturers are recognising this :-D

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #10,775 of 23,366
My second pair of M-100 just shipped and my VAMP is finally coming back too, so I can finally tested the first combo.  Too bad that I don't have a SGSIII, or else I can try the Verza with it too.  Can't wait.

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #10,776 of 23,366
Quote:

2) Samsung Galaxy SIII
4) Poweramp Full Version

How many head-fiers have Samsungs I wonder? I'll have more updates soon after I thoroughly test all the phone models.  I also got Surfaces, Nokia 920s, etc etc... but the S3 (w/Poweramp software) stands out from initial testing.

-V

HERE IS A SNEAK PEEK OF VAMP VERZA + M-100 ADS

I'm gonna take a stab at this. With the iDevice the Verza's optical out is always upsampled to 48kHz. Whereas via USB DAC & Galaxy S3, it plays native but a max of 48kHz (I've tried 44.1kHz, 96kHz, 192kHz). I'm guessing your AIFF is sampled at 44.1kHz.

Try outputting the optical out to an external DAC that displays sampling rate.

There's talk about sound "differences" in 44.1kHz -> 48kHz upsampling.

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #10,777 of 23,366
Well, duty is paid... 59. Something pounds down. That means in total, the headphones have cost me around 290 pounds including delivery.
That makes them 20 quid worse than Amazon.co.uk with more hassle lol, and ALOT more than 300 dollars lol.

Dec 19, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #10,779 of 23,366
Well, duty is paid... 59. Something pounds down. That means in total, the headphones have cost me around 290 pounds including delivery.
That makes them 20 quid worse than Amazon.co.uk with more hassle lol, and ALOT more than 300 dollars lol.

They are still not available in Amazon Uk, though.

I'm about to get them (today hopefully) after ordering them mid october. The fact that someone from UK got them already ordering from Amazon US is a bit annoying... :frowning2:

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #10,780 of 23,366
Val, can you shed some light on whats happening with the UK stock situation? Waiting patiently to hit the buy button on Amazon.

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #10,781 of 23,366
Where do you get the BoomPro Mic from? I have been searching on the Web and can't find it anywhere.
I also don't know how well these are for gaming. I've read some reviews and seen that a lot of people have said the M-100s are pretty decent for gaming with the mic, but how are the LP's.
My current setup is:
1) Astro Mixamp 5.8
2) Sennheiser PC 360
I have plugged up the LP's to the mixamp, and the sound is phenomenal, but I am a competitive gamer and can't play using them unless I have a mic. Any help on this would be much appreciated and if there is an active LP thread I don't know of could you please link me to it? Thanks, in advance.

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #10,782 of 23,366
Quote:
Where do you get the BoomPro Mic from? I have been searching on the Web and can't find it anywhere.
I also don't know how well these are for gaming. I've read some reviews and seen that a lot of people have said the M-100s are pretty decent for gaming with the mic, but how are the LP's.
My current setup is:
1) Astro Mixamp 5.8
2) Sennheiser PC 360
I have plugged up the LP's to the mixamp, and the sound is phenomenal, but I am a competitive gamer and can't play using them unless I have a mic. Any help on this would be much appreciated and if there is an active LP thread I don't know of could you please link me to it? Thanks, in advance.

It's not yet available for purchase.  There were a limited few sent out with the original pre-orders, but mass production is still ongoing.  The boom pro is one of a handful of M-100 accessories still to come.

As an aside - you're in for a treat....The M-100 with the Astro makes for a great gaming headset (at least for me)

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #10,783 of 23,366
Quote:
They are still not available in Amazon Uk, though.
I'm about to get them (today hopefully) after ordering them mid october. The fact that someone from UK got them already ordering from Amazon US is a bit annoying...
frown.gif

Ah thanks. Not too bad then. I did want them before Christmas after all. Since this is the first official roll out of the finals; I guess its expected.
Should get mine tomorrow :)

Hope you like them! I'm still slightlt apprehensive but I really want to listen to them now

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #10,784 of 23,366
My order has been at the "INTERNATIONAL DISPACH READY" stage for a week now...What's going on?

Ordered from Vmoda to the UK

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #10,785 of 23,366
Quote:
It's not yet available for purchase.  There were a limited few sent out with the original pre-orders, but mass production is still ongoing.  The boom pro is one of a handful of M-100 accessories still to come.

As an aside - you're in for a treat....The M-100 with the Astro makes for a great gaming headset (at least for me)

Thanks. And the site says that the boom pro mic is compatible for all of the Crossfade series headsets, but I've only seen it used with the M-100s. And from all of the reviews I have read about the M-100s, I probably won't get them. I know they are good and all, but by the time I get enough money for them, there might be a newer headset out by then. If I haven't heard any news about a new edition of Crossfades coming out I probably will get them, especially since I have that Immortal Life 50% Warranty. If I recall, it allows you to buy a new headset from them for 50%. :D

and I also forgot that I left out that I also have the new Tritton Warheads. I don't know how those will be though, but I like how all of the features of them. I've read great reviews for them, but being that it's a christmas present i probably won't get them til this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back