V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 4, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #9,106 of 23,366
But amping can help them reach their best.
You see, I won't just be listening out and about. These headphones will be my go to headphones for every scenario, out and otherwise like my Sennheiser PX100s are used for now.
I just hope that the M100s are what I expect them to be and more for every purpose to replace my other headphones.

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #9,107 of 23,366
It's been a long time, I had major changes in my life on this trip to Roma and Milano, it will change the future of V-MODA forever.  

Grandma JoJo, Bushel and a Peck...

[size=1.8333em]  [/size]

I got the news that my grandmother Josephine Albanese passed away while I was in Italy.  She was the most cosmopolitan and classiest woman I knew.   I am very happy as she was 91 and lived an amazingly happy life full of music and dancing.  Her favorite song was a "Bushel and a Peck".  She was a MASTER CHEF.  The meal and entertainment was her product., she was the center of our lives and she stored her food in a refrigerator with a GIANT METAL V.

As a kid I loved this refrigerator as it had dual hinges, when everybody went to sleep I would study it (and stuff my face).  You pull the "V" to the left and it will open on the left.  You pull it to the right and it'd open to the right.  It had the most solid ceramic and metal materials you can imagine, and it was BIG but angularly slim and beautiful.    

She was a major influence on the V-MODA Family, vision and product bloodline. 

V.I.P. Grandma Jojo. here is your favorite song!!!

MR. V MILANO
With this news, I decided to move to Milano.  This is now my "home".  With my Italian-American upbringing and education, actually living here will help me to think of even more products and materials.   The Milanese aren't slaves to drones in a corporate parade, it is all about family, fine arts and small business.  After Revolver, I only have one product left to build, it is named Milano, so I will finish drawing it here over the next few days.

The Milanese people here have nicknamed me "Mr. V"

PHOTO AND VIDEO SHOOTS
I am filming lots of photos and videos lately for M-100, here is a sneak preview (NO PHOTOSHOPPING).

Where should I put all the pics and movies?  There are literally hundreds of them!!!

CIAO FOR NOW!

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #9,109 of 23,366
My condolences. It's bittersweet to celebrate life and mourn the passing of a loved one. The fact that you continue to contribute through the post even with a traumatic event is a testament to your artistic goals. Many artists hire help, great artists work in conjunction with them. All the best in Milan.

Nov 4, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #9,110 of 23,366
Val, I'd like to congratulate your grandmother on such a long and happy (and awesome) life. She must be one hell of a grandma if her grandson is this awesome.

Was incidentally just listening to this for a relative fit.

Nov 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #9,112 of 23,366
Quote:
It's been a long time, I had major changes in my life on this trip to Roma and Milano, it will change the future of V-MODA forever.  

[size=1.8333em]  [/size]

I got the news that my grandmother Josephine Albanese passed away while I was in Italy.  She was the most cosmopolitan and classiest woman I knew.   I am very happy as she was 91 and lived an amazingly happy life full of music and dancing.  Her favorite song was a "Bushel and a Peck".  She was a MASTER CHEF.  The meal and entertainment was her product., she was the center of our lives and she stored her food in a refrigerator with a GIANT METAL V.

As a kid I loved this refrigerator as it had dual hinges, when everybody went to sleep I would study it (and stuff my face).  You pull the "V" to the left and it will open on the left.  You pull it to the right and it'd open to the right.  It had the most solid ceramic and metal materials you can imagine, and it was BIG but angularly slim and beautiful.    

MR. V MILANO
With this news, I decided to move to Milano.  This is now my "home".  With my Italian-American upbringing and education, actually living here will help me to think of even more products and materials.   The Milanese aren't slaves to drones in a corporate parade, it is all about family, fine arts and small business.  After Revolver, I only have one product left to build, it is named Milano, so I will finish drawing it here over the next few days.

PHOTO AND VIDEO SHOOTS
I am filming lots of photos and videos lately for M-100, here is a sneak preview (NO PHOTOSHOPPING).

Where should I put all the pics and movies?  There are literally hundreds of them!!!

CIAO FOR NOW!

Condolences Val, my grandmother also passed earlier this year, so I can relate. On a happier note, kudos on the boobies.

Nov 4, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #9,114 of 23,366
Val,

You have an obvious eye for Industrial Design!  Your early experience with that old refrigerator sounds like a classic experience of a future designer.  I think something that drives all us head-fi'ers crazy is the fact that Beats were stealing the stage with something that LOOKS designed.  Seriously, they look like they could be an Apple product - but the durability is terrible and the sound quality is so, so bad....but they LOOK like someone THOUGHT about aesthetics when they designed them.  They're not Japanese-or-German-teutonic-boring.  

I subscribe to a lot of those sites/services like Fab, i.Get.it, and Touch of Modern - and they frequently have headphones.  The emphasis is always on style with little thought of the SQ.  V-Moda could easily compete with ANY of these on style, but with the more obsession regarding SQ. 

I'm seeing all the gadget reviewers going a little nuts for the M-100 and it's fun to watch.  It's obvious that a lot of thought went into their design.  They look good, they are said to be durable, they are comfortable for most people, and the extras (connecting two headphones together instead of an adapter?  Holy shiz, that's a good idea!), the case, the cables....

I hope to get a set soon, and (as someone who appreciates an aesthetically designed AND well-engineered product) I hope they really take off!

And then I'll be right in here with a review...

Nov 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #9,115 of 23,366
Quote:

Sorry for your loss Val, it sounds like you and your grandmother were very close.

Nov 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #9,116 of 23,366
Quote:

[size=1.8333em]  [/size]

MR. V MILANO

PHOTO AND VIDEO SHOOTS

CIAO FOR NOW!

Oh dang, I'm really sorry to hear the news Val. My condolences go to you. It's good to hear that she lived a long and happy life though.
My grandmother is also going through some health-related issues at this point in her life...

Nov 4, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #9,117 of 23,366
I'm so sorry to hear that Val. She will always be a part of you. No one is ever lost.

I've only known of your company for a month or so now, and as someone that respects a company that tries to be different, I think you lot are amazing.
Always been annoyed by companies that strive for just the popular crowd and going for looks alone. 
You go for sound quality too and that is what I respect and should be what matters the most with headphones.

Wish you the best :)

Nov 4, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #9,119 of 23,366
Deepest condolences Val. Trust the rest of your family are well.

Tha'ts a big move to make Milano your home! But somehow I also think it's very you (in the fashion sense).

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #9,120 of 23,366
Sorry to hear about your grandmother, Val.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back