V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 3, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #9,076 of 23,366
aleki> in your case you should do the padmod, would change it in the way you want, a little less bass vs more mids.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #9,077 of 23,366
I'm enjoying my M100s more and more over time.  Listening to some great 70s hard rock (Freddy Lindquist and Maypole) through my Leckerton and it sounds fantastic.

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #9,079 of 23,366
From what I have gathered, it is a mix of the LP2 and the M-80. The LP2 has less bloated bass than the LP so that means the M-100 has nowhere as much bass as the LP.
Bass quantity: LP>LP2>M-100>M-80
Correct me if I'm wrong! But I'm sure you want first hand experience.

Nov 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #9,080 of 23,366
Quote:

I posted my initial impression of the M-100 with the L9 + ZO2.3 and I'm very pleased.

By the way, now you have my eyes set on a Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII, aheh. It'll be a WHILE before I have the extra dosh to drop on that.

Yeah I don't have plans to grab the top model for myself until sometime next year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they do a black Friday sale but I'm not holding my breath. Small home based companies like Leckerton can't afford crazy sales. In the meantime I'm waiting on a Paradox headphone and I'm researching the new CLAS DAC as well as looking into customs such as the JH13, UM Miracle and the Heir 4A. My wallet absolutely hates me.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #9,081 of 23,366
Yeah I don't have plans to grab the top model for myself until sometime next year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed they do a black Friday sale but I'm not holding my breath. Small home based companies like Leckerton can't afford crazy sales. In the meantime I'm waiting on a Paradox headphone and I'm researching the new CLAS DAC as well as looking into customs such as the JH13, UM Miracle and the Heir 4A. My wallet absolutely hates me.

If they do any sale it'll probably be on cyber Monday, which is after black Friday, usually websites don't do any sales on black Friday, that's mainly for stores in general

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #9,082 of 23,366
From what I have gathered, it is a mix of the LP2 and the M-80. The LP2 has less bloated bass than the LP so that means the M-100 has nowhere as much bass as the LP.
Bass quantity: LP>LP2>M-100>M-80
Correct me if I'm wrong! But I'm sure you want first hand experience.

Do you think the m-100 will still be good for artificial sub bass? Because I always thought the l.p.was a little too much for me anyways

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #9,088 of 23,366
Did anyone notice that when your pre-ordering the m-100, they took out all the vmoda templates,I was gonna get the one that had the city and then the LA logo but they took it out, can anyone find me a los Angeles related logo that would be compatible with the vmoda standards? I've looked everywhere but can't find anything

Nov 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #9,089 of 23,366
Random question, what exactly is "house music"?

I just got back from the library after checking out some of David Guetta's albums (Nothing but the Beat and One Love), as well as one album by Tiësto (Magikal Journey). Wikipedia says they both produce "house music" but they sound completely different.

Guetta's albums sound like modern pop songs that are remixed and I find them to sound like Schiit compared to Tiësto's album. I can't believe those two albums were nominated for a Grammy Award. D:
I can't stand modern, "Top 40" American pop songs that are played 24/7 on radio stations.....

Even with Tiësto's newer albums (listened via YouTube), I would prefer to listen to his music any time, any day over that of Guetta's.

Nonetheless, I suppose both sound great through the M-100's. That thumping bass is catchy.

Nov 3, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #9,090 of 23,366
Quote:
Random question, what exactly is "house music"?
I just got back from the library after checking out some of David Guetta's albums (Nothing but the Beat and One Love), as well as one album by Tiësto (Magikal Journey). Wikipedia says they both produce "house music" but they sound completely different.
Guetta's albums sound like modern pop songs that are remixed and I find them to sound like Schiit compared to Tiësto's album. I can't believe those two albums were nominated for a Grammy Award. D:
I can't stand modern, "Top 40" American pop songs that are played 24/7 on radio stations.....
Even with Tiësto's newer albums (listened via YouTube), I would prefer to listen to his music any time, any day over that of Guetta's.
Nonetheless, I suppose both sound great through the M-100's. That thumping bass is catchy.

Tiesto is trance, not house.  House music, though, is pretty much defined by the steady "4 to the floor" beat, the 128bpm kickdrum that always has the same rhythm and tempo.  Something like, say, dubstep, tends to have a more hip-hop style breakbeat.  EDM genres are ridiculously complicated. :p

And that's one of the reason most people don't like Guetta, his music is like an unholy mix of real EDM and crappy electropop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back